Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    That’s not the solution either.

Endless studies have proven, like trix said, illegal immigrants are a net positive on society. The vast majority are extremely hard workers and just want a better life. I thought I remember reading that they also tend to have a lower rate of committing violent crimes too. But I’m less confident on that.

The answer isn’t deporting all of them or open borders, the answer is helping the countries these people are fleeing.
    I have no doubt that's true. But IMO its better to introduce laws that turn illegal immigration...into something that has the same benefits for society but is just legal and above board. Then, tax it. Of course that won't work for the GOP as there's no fear in that.

And yes...a definite answer is helping - rather than applying tariffs to - countries that these people are fleeing.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Massive rally...in a high school gymnasium.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Massive rally...in a high school gymnasium.
        That's actually the 7th largest high school gym in the country (13 of 15 are in Indiana). Looks like it sits 7k, plus SRO there might be 8500 there, so not too bad.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Have you ever read Bradford’s history of Plymouth Plantation? Our ancestors didn’t have it easy either.
          Did I say it was easy? It’s not easy now, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            That's actually the 7th largest high school gym in the country (13 of 15 are in Indiana). Looks like it sits 7k, plus SRO there might be 8500 there, so not too bad.
            You know that's 7,000? Hockey arenas sit 7,000 and that's no hockey arena. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...ar-the-Caravan
            Go Gophers!

Comment

That's not the point. The point is, he knows that he can't fill a professional venue like wherever it is the Pacers play.

This is like an 80s hair band who used to sell out major league arenas, and can now be found playing AHL arenas and State Fair venues.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                You know that's 7,000? Hockey arenas sit 7,000 and that's no hockey arena. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...ar-the-Caravan
                Unless two different websites lie it's 7,124. All I'm saying is Indiana HS gyms are Texas HS stadiums.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  That's not the point. The point is, he knows that he can't fill a professional venue like wherever it is the Pacers play.

This is like an 80s hair band who used to sell out major league arenas, and can now be found playing AHL arenas and State Fair venues.
                  Good call. Kevin Hart, who I for one have never heard of, can fill up football stadiums. Guess that's larger than a high school gymnasium.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    I have no doubt that's true. But IMO its better to introduce laws that turn illegal immigration...into something that has the same benefits for society but is just legal and above board. Then, tax it. Of course that won't work for the GOP as there's no fear in that.

And yes...a definite answer is helping - rather than applying tariffs to - countries that these people are fleeing.
                    The Senate did that during Obama's second term. The Republican controlled House wouldn't even bring it up for a vote. Cause they thought there would be enough votes that it would pass.

Then they wouldn't have illegal immigration as an issue to fire up the rubes anymore.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Lol, wut? Were people talking about Obama's crowds?

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        2 thoughts.

1) Let's just ignore that pretty much every law restricting immigration in this country has been overtly racist, targeting whoever the "out" group was at the time.

2) it's easy to say they should all be deported when most of our ancestors came over at a time when there were no immigration restrictions and you were good as long as you stepped off the boat.

Oh hell, let's add 3) the immigration quotas are grossly inadequate for a country our size, and we don't accept nearly the number of refugees that we should. A country of 300,000,000 accepting only 30,000 Syrian refugees is pathetic, for instance. (even Canada accepted 50,000).
                        We did it back then when it was okay, so we should be able to do it now? There are so many things wrong with train of thought.

And this is not directed at you specifically, this is for anyone who says it's a minor offense: It's still a crime. If I were caught speeding, I'd expect to get issued a ticket, and I'd pay the fine. Well, if an illegal is caught, I expect them to be deported. And I agree on fining the businesses that hire illegals. They should be fined.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          We did it back then when it was okay, so we should be able to do it now? There are so many things wrong with train of thought.

And this is not directed at you specifically, this is for anyone who says it's a minor offense: It's still a crime. If I were caught speeding, I'd expect to get issued a ticket, and I'd pay the fine. Well, if an illegal is caught, I expect them to be deported. And I agree on fining the businesses that hire illegals. They should be fined.
                          I'm saying immigrating here and then pulling the ladder up behind you is a selfish, bullshiat thing to do. Especially with the overt racism on top of it. FFS, The very first immigration law in the US was the Chinese Exclusion Act. They didn't even hide it.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            I'm saying immigrating here and then pulling the ladder up behind you is a selfish, bullshiat thing to do. Especially with the overt racism on top of it. FFS, The very first immigration law in the US was the Chinese Exclusion Act. They didn't even hide it.
                            And again, because it was okay in the past, we do it now?

How many things have we done that was wrong in the past, and we changed laws to make it right since then? Well, women couldn't vote back then, so let's keep women from voting now! Etc etc etc.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lol, wut? Were people talking about Obama's crowds?

Yes, actually, they were.

From the AJC:
                              https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/lo...BPMxaEuZwRPAM/

The only way to get tickets for Friday’s campaign rally featuring former President Barack Obama was to stand in line at designated sites between the hours of 2 and 5 p.m. today.

Folks have taken to social media to talk about their experiences trying to be in the number, including long lines and some frustration.

Obama will campaign alongside gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams and other Democrats at the event to be held Friday evening on Morehouse’s campus. The Forbes Arena has a capacity of about 6,000.

Earlier today, separate events for Abrams on Thursday featuring Oprah Winfrey reached capacity within two hours.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The point is, Obama lives rent-free in Trump's head ever since the birther debacle, and in particular the dinner where Obama made fun of him to his face, for pushing that conspiracy theory. After being absolutely humiliated on that issue, Trump has been obsessed with somehow "owning" Obama almost every day. It wasn't enough for him just to win the Presidency.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 11-03-2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X