Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    It’s a circle.

Scarlet isn’t a flat earther, is she
    What's a circle? I was referring to the fact that there is a border to the north. That's two borders. He said one. He only cares about the border with Mexico. Because he's a racist.

Comment

Brief cameo to remind everyone: please vote.

It is remarkable that even people who are active on political forums still sometimes either forget or convince themselves that because of {cynicism, despondency, depression} their vote does not matter.

IT DOES!

It also feels really good to become politically active, as I have discovered over the last 6 months. The feeling of powerlessness is most acute when all you do is read and/or type angry screeds on a keyboard. Getting out and meeting other politically active people and talking to voters -- participating in democracy and democratic institutions -- goes a long way to fight back the twin enemies of democracy: apathy and ironic distance.

Reading the headlines one is still of course angry, but channeling that anger into productive efforts to defeat the causes of that anger is fulfilling work.

tl; dr:

Fellow liberals: It's still not too late to get involved, do phone banks or volunteer at an election day precinct table, or just hang signs and hand out ballots.

Sincere Conservatives: There's still time to save your party by punishing the disease that has taken hold of it.

Dumpies: Listen to your leader! On Election Day don't leave your homes; cower under you beds and rattle your jewelry.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-01-2018, 03:29 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It is remarkable that even people who are active on political forums still sometimes either forget or convince themselves that because of {cynicism, despondency, depression} their vote does not matter.

IT DOES!

It also feels really good to become politically active, as I have discovered over the last 6 months. The feeling of powerlessness is most acute when all you do is read and/or type angry screeds on a keyboard. Getting out and meeting other politically active people and talking to voters -- participating in democracy and democratic institutions -- goes a long way to fight back the twin enemies of democracy: apathy and ironic distance.

Reading the headlines one is still of course angry, but channeling that anger into productive efforts to defeat the causes of that anger is fulfilling work.

tl; dr:

Fellow liberals: It's still not too late to get involved, do phone banks or volunteer at an election day precinct table, or just hang signs and hand out ballots.

Sincere Conservatives: There's still time to save your party by punishing the disease that has taken hold of it.

Dumpies: Listen to your leader! On Election Day don't leave your homes; cower under you beds and rattle your jewelry.
        WELCOME BACK!! Even if only for a moment. I voted on the first day of early voting in MA. Yay!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

IT DOES!

tl; dr:

Happy to hear the last six months have been rewarding for you! This board desperately misses you, but I hope for your own sanity you continue to avoid it.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Happy to hear the last six months have been rewarding for you! This board desperately misses you, but I hope for your own sanity you continue to avoid it.
            Well said and seconded.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If rocks hurt as much as a gun, the South and West sides of Chicago would look like quarries.

Essentially: "Fu** 'em. Their lives are meaningless. If they throw a rock, put a .50 between their eyes."
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Arbeit Macht Frei

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  If rocks hurt as much as a gun, the South and West sides of Chicago would look like quarries.

Essentially: "Fu** 'em. Their lives are meaningless. If they throw a rock, put a .50 between their eyes."
                  I have no doubt trump supporters will cheer if they shoot a 12 year old

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

IT DOES!

tl; dr:

I thought you ran out of fuel, and have been left to orbit the sun for eternity.

https://www.space.com/41363-kepler-e...cope-dead.html
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoblack&gold View Post

arbeit macht frei
                      USA! USA! USA! a
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

“You are a despicable divider; the worse social poison to afflict our country in decades,” Cardenas tweeted in a post that has since been deleted. “This ad, and your full approval of it, will condemn you and your bigoted legacy forever in the annals of America’s history books.”

Who knew he was part of the (((Left Wing Mob)))
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

More on the caravan of people trying to get across the border: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/10/...h-drug-prices/

:P

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            More on the caravan of people trying to get across the border: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/10/...h-drug-prices/

:P
                            So stupid they even have to do that.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The whole thread is crazy...
                              Kid is sniffing something, for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                I have no doubt trump supporters will cheer if they shoot a 12 year old

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X