Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah I think we get that...doesnt mean we cant be against it.
    No matter how vile the POTUS or the POUTS's family may be, they need to be protected. A POTUS whose family is killed or kidnapped is a dangerous POTUS to the nation, especially when we have a POUTS POTUS who wouldn't understand the need for the 25th Amendment if it was staring him in the face, like we have now.

Can you ask someone to put their entire life on hold because their parent took a new position? I don't think it's reasonable.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
      My question is why was a prosecutor hired this time but not Benghazi. You said the only reason was because of Sessions recusal. That doesn't seem quite right if you're trying to draw parallels between the two. There has to be more.
      What potential laws were broken in the Benghanzi affair? Perhaps if the investigations ever found one, they would have passed it on, and.... But after many, many, many hours of House investigations, nothing. So either nothing happened, or R's have the WORST lawyers of all time.

There were a number of them that we learned about in 2016, which started the whole investigation into Russian intrusion into our election. There are laws on the books that prevent countries from getting involved. From there, the investigation took off.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        No matter how vile the POTUS or the POUTS's family may be, they need to be protected. A POTUS whose family is killed or kidnapped is a dangerous POTUS to the nation, especially when we have a POUTS POTUS who wouldn't understand the need for the 25th Amendment if it was staring him in the face, like we have now.

Can you ask someone to put their entire life on hold because their parent took a new position? I don't think it's reasonable.
        Sorry I just dont think all family needs to be protected. Trump's youngest...sure? Don Jr...no. I also dont think Roger Clinton needed to either...

And if it costs $100k to do so for a trip overseas I REALLY dont think so. That is ridiculous.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Children of POTUS and VPOTUS receive Secret Service protection. It doesn't matter if they stay at home, go to college, work 50 hours/week at a strip club, or take trips to Fiji. It doesn't matter if they're minors or adults.

And most college students are adults.
          What? Obama's kids were strippers?! Are, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            What? Obama's kids were strippers?! Are, maybe?
            W's.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Jack Ryan Jr doesn't take a detail as an adult
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Children of POTUS and VPOTUS receive Secret Service protection. It doesn't matter if they stay at home, go to college, work 50 hours/week at a strip club, or take trips to Fiji. It doesn't matter if they're minors or adults.

And most college students are adults.
                Once the prez is out, can the family decline it? I thought they could, but dunno. Maybe they can decline it while s/he is in office? Again, I dunno.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"tricky trump"?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      To be fair, how much did we pay for the Obama daughters to go to college with Secret Service details? Part of that whole thing is just the cost of electing someone with direct family members. Don't like it, don't vote for it.
                      if he's traveling for business, then his business should reimburse the government (in my opinion of course)

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        if he's traveling for business, then his business should reimburse the government (in my opinion of course)
                        Does anyone else have a concern that we are talking about people who are part of the white house travelling for business?

Seems kind of absurd that we are worrying about how much money the protection costs when we really should be questioning why in the world is a person that represents the white house is going ANYWHERE for personal business. That person should not be having a business right now to be worried about- they should be doing work for US. Let alone if he's actually partially representing dump inc, who we know dumpy STILL has control over, in a foreign country, that it's a violation of our Constitution (the Emoluments Clause). Where's the resident anti globalist to protect us from foreign influence???

Terrible that we just ignore the VERY, VERY obvious problems of corruption this administration is just flaunting.

Stop worrying about the odd details, and look at the real problems.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          What potential laws were broken in the Benghanzi affair? Perhaps if the investigations ever found one, they would have passed it on, and.... But after many, many, many hours of House investigations, nothing. So either nothing happened, or R's have the WORST lawyers of all time.

There were a number of them that we learned about in 2016, which started the whole investigation into Russian intrusion into our election. There are laws on the books that prevent countries from getting involved. From there, the investigation took off.
                          One key difference between the two. To my knowledge no one has died due to the Russia issue. That puts them on completely different levels.

Comment

One key difference between the two. To my knowledge no one has died due to the Russia issue. That puts them on completely different levels.
                            rotflmao
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So we need to hold multiple hearings every time someone dies?
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                So we need to hold multiple hearings every time someone dies?
                                Where were the Benghazi level hearings after the niger situation resulted in a dead soldier?
                                Oh wait Hillary wasn’t secretary

Comment

Working...
                                X