Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Yep, still here

Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That's gotta help with 2020. People were mad about Deplorables?
    Republicans are a White Nationalist Party now, so *shrug*
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Probably more appropriate elsewhere, but will keep this contained:

Saw a post on another social media saying undocumented (meaning illegal) immigrants commit less crime than Trump claims.

My thoughts: of course they do. Why? They are illegal immigrants. They do not want to get noticed. Duh.

And before you jump all over me, I'm sure they work hard, they are trying to make a better life for themselves, and that is fine by me. However, they are still here illegally. I don't think they are a ravenous, murderous, nor drug-addicted bunch, in general. But, that statement about committing less crime than Trump claims? Obvious statement of the year, but not for the reasons they are stating it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

So then why do you want to deport people who provide a net benefit our society?

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post

Saw a post on another social media saying undocumented (meaning illegal) immigrants commit less crime than Trump claims.

My thoughts: of course they do. Why? They are illegal immigrants. They do not want to get noticed. Duh.

And before you jump all over me, I'm sure they work hard, they are trying to make a better life for themselves, and that is fine by me. However, they are still here illegally. I don't think they are a ravenous, murderous, nor drug-addicted bunch, in general. But, that statement about committing less crime than Trump claims? Obvious statement of the year, but not for the reasons they are stating it.
    While true enough, that misses part of the point, Brent. Our president is lying to us again. This is not puffery, it is ongoing fraud, and Republicans are enabling him and therefore complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    While true enough, that misses part of the point, Brent. Our president is lying to us again. This is not puffery, it is ongoing fraud, and Republicans are enabling him and therefore complicit.
    Trump lying (and he is) is a separate issue. And that should be dealt with. That doesn't change my opinion that illegals (I stress that word) should be deported. Legal immigrants? Immigrants that are on their way and can meet all the requirements to become a citizen or temporary visitor to this country? Come on in.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Trump lying (and he is) is a separate issue. And that should be dealt with. That doesn't change my opinion that illegals (I stress that word) should be deported. Legal immigrants? Immigrants that are on their way and can meet all the requirements to become a citizen or temporary visitor to this country? Come on in.
    2 thoughts.

1) Let's just ignore that pretty much every law restricting immigration in this country has been overtly racist, targeting whoever the "out" group was at the time.

2) it's easy to say they should all be deported when most of our ancestors came over at a time when there were no immigration restrictions and you were good as long as you stepped off the boat.

Oh hell, let's add 3) the immigration quotas are grossly inadequate for a country our size, and we don't accept nearly the number of refugees that we should. A country of 300,000,000 accepting only 30,000 Syrian refugees is pathetic, for instance. (even Canada accepted 50,000).

I honestly do not think you have a grasp of the issue.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...turn-to-Mexico
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    2 thoughts.

1) Let's just ignore that pretty much every law restricting immigration in this country has been overtly racist, targeting whoever the "out" group was at the time.

2) it's easy to say they should all be deported when most of our ancestors came over at a time when there were no immigration restrictions and you were good as long as you stepped off the boat.

Oh hell, let's add 3) the immigration quotas are grossly inadequate for a country our size, and we don't accept nearly the number of refugees that we should. A country of 300,000,000 accepting only 30,000 Syrian refugees is pathetic, for instance. (even Canada accepted 50,000).
    He sums up a majority of republicans- **** you, I got mine. Which means, my ancestors stumbled off a boat and didnít have the military waiting to fire on them in welcome. Screw everyone who didnít get in that way.

I actually get your point and it makes sense. But if conservatives cared about fixing illegal immigration rather than creating fear for political gain...something would have been done a long time ago.

Brent, 1) the real solution is punishing companies who employ them (in his last year, Bush did 500 immigration audits, Obama did 8,000 in 2009, Trump did 1,360 his first year https://www.politifact.com/florida/s...oyers-who-hir/) 2) nothing is stopping the GOP from having taken action by now...they literally own every piece of the US government...but they would rather use it for fear/anger 3) and conservatives are otherwise utterly useless at governing including loading us up with debt for short term political gain. Believe me, its just red meat for the base.
    Go Gophers!

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    2 thoughts.

Well if the laws changed (as they should) then Brent would (I assume) change with them. He only has a problem with illegals so if it isnt illegal he doesnt want them deported.

I mean, that isnt exactly a strange view to have. I would rather illegals not be here myself but I just dont go as far as to want them all deported.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He sums up a majority of republicans- **** you, I got mine. Which means, my ancestors stumbled off a boat and didnít have the military waiting to fire on them in welcome. Screw everyone who didnít get in that way.
    Have you ever read Bradfordís history of Plymouth Plantation? Our ancestors didnít have it easy either.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

The beginning of the end!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I actually get your point and it makes sense. But if conservatives cared about fixing illegal immigration rather than creating fear for political gain...something would have been done a long time ago.

Brent, 1) the real solution is punishing companies who employ them (in his last year, Bush did 500 immigration audits, Obama did 8,000 in 2009, Trump did 1,360 his first year https://www.politifact.com/florida/s...oyers-who-hir/) 2) nothing is stopping the GOP from having taken action by now...they literally own every piece of the US government...but they would rather use it for fear/anger 3) and conservatives are otherwise utterly useless at governing including loading us up with debt for short term political gain. Believe me, its just red meat for the base.
    Thatís not the solution either.

Endless studies have proven, like trix said, illegal immigrants are a net positive on society. The vast majority are extremely hard workers and just want a better life. I thought I remember reading that they also tend to have a lower rate of committing violent crimes too. But Iím less confident on that.

The answer isnít deporting all of them or open borders, the answer is helping the countries these people are fleeing.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The beginning of the end!
    Iíve never seen a person who projects so much. Literally everything he says is an extremely obvious projection of his own serious flaws. Itís uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Well if the laws changed (as they should) then Brent would (I assume) change with them. He only has a problem with illegals so if it isnt illegal he doesnt want them deported.

I mean, that isnt exactly a strange view to have. I would rather illegals not be here myself but I just dont go as far as to want them all deported.
    It's a freaking misdemeanor punishable by as little as $50 fine. Sounds a lot like speeding. I'm guessing Brent has at least once in his life exceeded the speed limit. It's a lesser federal offense than transporting fireworks over state lines if they're illegal in the state you take them in to. I've yet to see a 4th of July inspired rant about this...

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Thatís not the solution either.

Endless studies have proven, like trix said, illegal immigrants are a net positive on society. The vast majority are extremely hard workers and just want a better life. I thought I remember reading that they also tend to have a lower rate of committing violent crimes too. But Iím less confident on that.

The answer isnít deporting all of them or open borders, the answer is helping the countries these people are fleeing.
    I have no doubt that's true. But IMO its better to introduce laws that turn illegal immigration...into something that has the same benefits for society but is just legal and above board. Then, tax it. Of course that won't work for the GOP as there's no fear in that.

And yes...a definite answer is helping - rather than applying tariffs to - countries that these people are fleeing.
    Go Gophers!

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Massive rally...in a high school gymnasium.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Massive rally...in a high school gymnasium.
    That's actually the 7th largest high school gym in the country (13 of 15 are in Indiana). Looks like it sits 7k, plus SRO there might be 8500 there, so not too bad.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Go State! Beat Minnesota
    4-6-0 (0-0-0-0, 7th B1G)

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Have you ever read Bradfordís history of Plymouth Plantation? Our ancestors didnít have it easy either.
    Did I say it was easy? Itís not easy now, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    That's actually the 7th largest high school gym in the country (13 of 15 are in Indiana). Looks like it sits 7k, plus SRO there might be 8500 there, so not too bad.
    You know that's 7,000? Hockey arenas sit 7,000 and that's no hockey arena. https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...ar-the-Caravan
    Go Gophers!

Thread Information