Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

  1. #21
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Well.........I guess here we go on responsibility/etc. I am very interested in this decision:

    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...8CyJe15SIXQ4iw
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #22
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,274

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Sedition is rarely proved. Especially given that Trump is POTUS, he will skate.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  3. #23
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Sedition is rarely proved. Especially given that Trump is POTUS, he will skate.
    "He" being Trump or the accused? (for real, clarification?)

    I would like to be crystal clear on this, since, you know, otherwise we all get riled up.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #24
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,274

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    "He" being Trump or the accused? (for real, clarification?)

    I would like to be crystal clear on this, since, you know, otherwise we all get riled up.
    The Supreme Retard

    This idiot is (rightfully) going to jail. Sorry, I misread that initially. Mea culpa.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-29-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  5. #25
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,420

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    ^^^^^^

    When you get challenged on anything, you get indignant and act like a child who thinks he knows the perfect answer to everything. You rarely, if ever, acknowledge any nuance. You've become a mirror image of the loonitarian you were a decade ago.

    To be fair, I was that same loonitarian at the time, and even I can talk to Brent without turning into an absolutist d-bag.
    Look, if you want me to acknowledge I can be wrong, I have on many occasions. I am always striving for a better understanding of things whether you acknowledge that or not. The difference is, the people who I acknowledge tend to come with facts. People like you, Kepler, St. Clown, uno, et al have all corrected me and Iíve admitted it. Thatís partly because of the posting history on here and the respect I have for your and their opinions.

    I donít care about hurt feelings when someone comes on here and posts nonsense. Itís cute though that you think Iím some sort of absolutist and heís some sort of consensus builder. Brent doesnít want a debate any more than you think I donít.

    But I get it. You like him. So do I. Heís a great guy. I just donít like a **** thing he writes in the politics forums. And like Kepler always said, these forums arenít like the Daily Caller or Red State. That ďslow pitch stuffĒ wonít fly here.

  6. #26
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Supreme Retard

    This idiot is (rightfully) going to jail. Sorry, I misread that initially. Mea culpa.
    That's why I wanted to be crystal clear. I am wondering if the idiot will get a lesser sentence, due to outside influences in that idiot's decision. Per earlier discussion, that idiot is 100% responsible, IMO. He carried out the action.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #27
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,274

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Look, if you want me to acknowledge I can be wrong, I have on many occasions. I am always striving for a better understanding of things whether you acknowledge that or not. The difference is, the people who I acknowledge tend to come with facts. People like you, Kepler, St. Clown, uno, et al have all corrected me and I’ve admitted it. That’s partly because of the posting history on here and the respect I have for your and their opinions.

    I don’t care about hurt feelings when someone comes on here and posts nonsense. It’s cute though that you think I’m some sort of absolutist and he’s some sort of consensus builder. Brent doesn’t want a debate any more than you think I don’t.

    But I get it. You like him. So do I. He’s a great guy. I just don’t like a **** thing he writes in the politics forums. And like Kepler always said, these forums aren’t like the Daily Caller or Red State. That “slow pitch stuff” won’t fly here.
    OK. Give us an example of something you disagree with a majority of Democrats on. I'll start.

    I'm not an anti-gun nut, and in fact I have hunted in the past and still own a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. That said, I would never buy an AR-15, and all semi-automatics need to go. The only purpose they serve is to hunt humans.

    You, go. In fact, let's bring Brent into this, if he's willing to take a stand on something.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  8. #28
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    OK. Give us an example of something you disagree with a majority of Democrats on. I'll start.

    I'm not an anti-gun nut, and in fact I have hunted in the past and still own a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. That said, I would never buy an AR-15, and all semi-automatics need to go. The only purpose they serve is to hunt humans.

    You, go. In fact, let's bring Brent into this, if he's willing to take a stand on something.
    I don't agree on banning semi's. The bump stocks, ban 'em. Let's go full background check on every purchase, gun show, private sale, whatever. I'm fine with that. If one has nothing to hide, and one is responsible (the latter is way more key to me), then, you can have a gun, if you want one.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  9. #29
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    And Fade, I have taken a stand previously, the gun issue being the latest at hand. The issue is, some on here I don't agree with 100%, and they take that to mean I am not taking a stand. Incorrect. I am just not in agreement with them. That falls into the either/or debate. I am not a fan of that. I would like to reach an agreement in the gray.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #30
    TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    29,274

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    I get that, Brent. With one exception, what you say makes a ton of sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I don't agree on banning semi's
    Why? What is your justification for keeping them around for civilian use? And I know you've said before, "These guns have already been sold, so what are you gonna do?", but to mean, that's not a reason.

    And here's another question that I don't think you've ever answered - do you own any guns, whatsoever?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  11. #31
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,680

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I think Brent is right, dx really is starting to get a bit "holier than thou" in his opinions.
    I am just sick of reading it. It isnt just dx it is all of them. It is really annoying to open a thread after like 3 hours and it is 4 pages of the same 4 people arguing back and forth about who can say the least while shouting the loudest. It isnt even about what they are saying because even the posts I agree with are just ridiculous.

    Even joe doesnt get that kind of treatment. Hell Flaggy doesnt get that and he literally is a Trumper Islamaphobic Troll.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  12. #32
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,680

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.


    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Joe gets that treatment when he says some dinosauric nonsense about abortion and you pile on as well. Drew gets it all the time and deservedly so. Itís almost like when people say something dumb and trolly people respond accordingly.

    If you donít wanna read it I get it but at some point you need to start pointing fingers at the guy who consistently aids and abetts fascism with his bothsideism analysis to everything. Itís straight out of the Fox News playbook.

  14. #34
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I am just sick of reading it. It isnt just dx it is all of them. It is really annoying to open a thread after like 3 hours and it is 4 pages of the same 4 people arguing back and forth about who can say the least while shouting the loudest. It isnt even about what they are saying because even the posts I agree with are just ridiculous.

    Even joe doesnt get that kind of treatment. Hell Flaggy doesnt get that and he literally is a Trumper Islamaphobic Troll.
    In fairness, flag is on ignore for most people, and Joe doesn't pretend to be a centrist. Brent irks people because he comes across as the stereotypical Fark Independent (tm), whether intentional or not. Especially with his "both sides are bad" shtick.

  15. #35
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,680

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    In fairness, flag is on ignore for most people, and Joe doesn't pretend to be a centrist. Brent irks people because he comes across as the stereotypical Fark Independent (tm), whether intentional or not. Especially with his "both sides are bad" shtick.
    No I get it...and again I am not agreeing with anything he is posting or even saying any of you are wrong. I am saying it devolves fast and goes nowhere. There is a difference between saying what you say and rufus calling him and idiot, Bassale calling him something similar and then Scooby using one of his catchphrases which 1/2 the time arent even relevant to the post he quoted.

    And not many people have Flaggy on ignore because they still get baited by him quite often. They just stop because 9/10 times he doesnt have the sack to actually defend himself. Brent does defend himself and that annoys some of the posters even more than his actual opinion.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,874

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Not all posts are the same. Specific, new discussion points with Brent/others are good and what boards are all about. Obama's video raised new, specific false equivalencies in comparing the two parties. New evidence...whether people watched it or not. On the other hand, personal shots or super broadbased points that cover no new ground are certainly not helpful.

    I think we should be observant enough to understand the difference.
    Go Gophers!

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    12,874

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    OK. Give us an example of something you disagree with a majority of Democrats on. I'll start.

    I'm not an anti-gun nut, and in fact I have hunted in the past and still own a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. That said, I would never buy an AR-15, and all semi-automatics need to go. The only purpose they serve is to hunt humans.

    You, go. In fact, let's bring Brent into this, if he's willing to take a stand on something.
    May not be saying much on that...as I don't think dx is a super anti gun guy either. I'm the super anti gun guy.

    But unlike many libs, I'm big time pro business (as well as being pro government and pro labor...the special sauce is in combining the three).
    Go Gophers!

  18. #38
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That's why I wanted to be crystal clear. I am wondering if the idiot will get a lesser sentence, due to outside influences in that idiot's decision. Per earlier discussion, that idiot is 100% responsible, IMO. He carried out the action.
    He shouldn't. But if you want to indict Trump as some sort of conspirator or such, fine by me.

  19. #39
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,341

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Trump to end birthright citizenship.

    https://www.axios.com/trump-birthrig...mpaign=organic

  20. #40
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,420

    Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    OK. Give us an example of something you disagree with a majority of Democrats on. I'll start.

    I'm not an anti-gun nut, and in fact I have hunted in the past and still own a shotgun and a bolt-action rifle. That said, I would never buy an AR-15, and all semi-automatics need to go. The only purpose they serve is to hunt humans.

    You, go. In fact, let's bring Brent into this, if he's willing to take a stand on something.
    I donít agree on banning all semiautomatics. I have a shotgun thatís a semiautomatic. Itís a field gun but I use it for trap and skeet. Sometimes you need more than one or two shells for hunting. Rifles Iím fairly indifferent about compared to the average democrat. Iíd say bring back the national semiautomatic assault rifle ban from the 90s. I have no use for ARs.

    The thing is, being a partisan isnít automatically a bad thing if itís backed by facts or doing whatís right. Thatís the same trap Brent falls into. This test of centrism is a bad one. I canít think of much I disagree with the democrats on right now. Itís kind of hard when theyíre the only party that believes in science, women and minority rights, and arenít plutocrats.

    I really thought hard about what I disagree with them on. I couldnít come up with anything. Until the GOP decides to move into at least the late 20th century, I donít have much use for them. And Iím not going to apologize for that.

    Edit: ok, I had at least lukewarm support for Gorsuch and Roberts. Both were eminently qualified and had good character.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. RENCEB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •