Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Counterpoint on 14th Amendment. It will end up in SCOTUS eventually.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/5919...mendment-means
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      In terms of deficit, I don't know how anyone could look at the numbers under and since Reagan and think the GOP is anything other than a deficit increasing machine. The last tax bill is just more of the same.
      It takes that pinnacle of global fact finding publishing to call out what's been going on: the Mankato Free Press.

For 60 years, every Republican president has increased the debt/GDP ratio, and every Democrat has decreased it. Reagan tripled the national debt from $95 billion to $290 billion. When Bill Clinton left office the CBO projected a 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion. Bush’s wars and tax cuts destroyed that projection and resulted in $11 trillion more debt and a $1.4 trillion yearly deficit. Obama cut the deficit by two-thirds. Now Republicans are running up the debt/deficit again and lying about it. House Republicans passed a second round of tax cuts last month that would add $3.8 trillion to the federal debt over a decade, according to the Tax Policy Center. In addition, Mnuchin is considering a plan to cut $100 billion in taxes by indexing capital gains to inflation, a move benefiting largely the rich. CNBC calls it a stealth tax cut.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/opin...966d59fe5.html
      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        It takes that pinnacle of global fact finding publishing to call out what's been going on: the Mankato Free Press.

For 60 years, every Republican president has increased the debt/GDP ratio, and every Democrat has decreased it. Reagan tripled the national debt from $95 billion to $290 billion. When Bill Clinton left office the CBO projected a 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion. Bush’s wars and tax cuts destroyed that projection and resulted in $11 trillion more debt and a $1.4 trillion yearly deficit. Obama cut the deficit by two-thirds. Now Republicans are running up the debt/deficit again and lying about it. House Republicans passed a second round of tax cuts last month that would add $3.8 trillion to the federal debt over a decade, according to the Tax Policy Center. In addition, Mnuchin is considering a plan to cut $100 billion in taxes by indexing capital gains to inflation, a move benefiting largely the rich. CNBC calls it a stealth tax cut.

http://www.mankatofreepress.com/opin...966d59fe5.html
        Pretty depressing.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Pretty depressing.
          Only if you keep voting for the wrong party.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Counterpoint on 14th Amendment. It will end up in SCOTUS eventually.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/5919...mendment-means
            Because when I want a legal opinion, I turn to the right wing derposphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Pretty depressing.
              I'd try to recruit you. But due to US electoral practices and living in Mass., you'll never have any voting impact on our government.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Got that everybody. So, get out there and vote Republican. They got you covered.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah, shut up Paul Ryan. You don't know nothing about this like I do.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Back when Harry Reid was sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Then why is your Justice Department currently petitioning the Supreme Court to overturn a lower court's ruling that protects those pre-existing conditions coverage?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Then why is your Justice Department currently petitioning the Supreme Court to overturn a lower court's ruling that protects those pre-existing conditions coverage?
                        Watch the other hand. It's magic.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          I'd try to recruit you. But due to US electoral practices and living in Mass., you'll never have any voting impact on our government.
                          Wrong. I have escaped and live in the greatest place on earth now. We actually have really decent democrats and if the democrat running for governor wins I won’t be upset at all.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, shut up Paul Ryan. You don't know nothing about this like I do.
                            I love how he says "securing our border." Not "borders." Because the only one he's worried about is the border with Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              I love how he says "securing our border." Not "borders." Because the only one he's worried about is the border with Mexico.
                              I don't know how solid his geography knowledge is. Perhaps he doesn't realize there are other borders.

Though, it is more likely that he just doesn't count a border with a country of white folk like Canada.

Oh, here's an idea. Let's take the 5,000 troops we're sending to the border to assist the migrant caravan all the way to Canada. Let them seek asylum there.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Yea, we've not seen any build up of our southern crossing to Canada. And I know my former boss is a Canadian (naturalized), not a real citizen. I think they had a kid born here. Lots of that fearful stuff happening on our border to Canada, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X