Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.43: The Caravan is Coming. Fear the Caravan.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Yes, thanks, jumbled that up a bit in my haste. My point there is that a bond purchase or a savings account represent an equal amount of spending on fixed investment. The whole purpose of the bank is to see that the money in a savings account is spent on something through loaning it out to do so. Bonds or new stock issue investment basically represent the same amount in spending. Money in, is money out.

Stock market investment itself is different and I meant to separate but I didn't. I don't think there's enough time or space to go all the way into a complete market economics course or it's importance to the economy here so I think I'll beg off and leave it alone for now.
    A car is not a fixed investment. It's a product you spend money on to provide transportation. Not an investment. Nor are any other consumer goods.

Unless you are buying new, I would not put a home or real estate into a consumer good, either. It's "value" is never realized until it's sold. It's use is seen as you live in it. So it's kind of a stock and kind of something you use. But not like a car- which just gets used until it has to be removed from the road.

Also- banks don't actually loan out your savings- they loan out the value of your savings. So if I went to a bank today and deposited $20k, and tomorrow they then loan out $20k of value, I can still come back the day after and take out my $20k- and the bank is now at risk of losing their $20k loan with no collateral. So lets stop that silly talk, too. The money is mine, and always will be mine. And the value does not go down due to usage of the product, or if the person who has the loan defaults. It's my $20k.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      So the process is what then? The House issues a subpoena. Trump ignores it or asserts some sort of executive privilege. It's then referred to the Justice Department? They have to pursue some sort of contempt charge?

A federal judge decides the issue? Gets appealed to the Circuit Court of Appeals, then to the Supremes?

Is that basically what we can expect?

Time frame?
      Seems to me it would be far more efficient to go directly to the SCOTUS. Especially since it's a direct conflict between two of the 3 arms of US government.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Interesting dynamic pointed out by Daniel Dale (was looking through Twitter for details on earlier media catfight).

Because Obama also lost 6 Senate seats in addition to the House. Trump can bull**** because he's winning 4-5 Senate seats while losing the House.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Interesting dynamic pointed out by Daniel Dale (was looking through Twitter for details on earlier media catfight).

Won't work with Trump. Every time they ask he calls it a great victory.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Deets (or a link to a live blog or Twitter updates) please for those of us who cant watch?
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Wow. This is EPIC.
              Did he really point at Jim Acosta and call him an enemy of the people during the news conference? What did Acosta ask him?
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Did he really point at Jim Acosta and call him an enemy of the people during the news conference? What did Acosta ask him?
                Something about the caravan and then Trump blew up, WH staffer was physically trying to grab the microphone away as well.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ce/1920107002/
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Good Lord...he got triggered bad! Poor snowflake
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Good Lord...he got triggered bad! Poor snowflake
                      Nixon : Rather :: Trump : Acosta
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        [snip]
                        Thanks!
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          He was more specific than that. It was more of an "when you do X you are Y" statement.

The CNN and NBC guys went far beyond their one question and one follow-up. That is a disservice to their media peers.

But Trump still (foolishly and not surprisingly) took the opportunity to rail. He should've said you've had your questions; next. Instead it's just more Trump being Trump -- he loves the conflict and the foil. <-- That's not a defense, that's an observation.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I feel like "17 Angry Democrats" should be the sequel to 12 Angry Men

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              I feel like "17 Angry Democrats" should be the sequel to 12 Angry Men
                              Green light it!
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If press conferences like that keep up, Trump's going to try and start revoking WH press passes. This is a "cold civil war" now.

Comment

Working...
                                X