Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Interesting that Anna Maria wants to play in the NEHC next year. With scores like that I can't imagine any conference is too keen on letting them join.
    1st year team and a GNAC member. Why not?

Re: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    1st year team and a GNAC member. Why not?
    Had an NEHC coach tell me that they don't need another weak team in the conference. They've just added Suffolk, USM has never been very strong, and NEC is a perennial bottom dweller. There's concern that despite having Norwich, the conference will be seen as one of the weaker ones around if some of these teams can't improve. Not that it's a powerhouse conference now!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Suffolk's Tess Adams had 5 assists in last night's 9-0 win over Anna Maria. One assist from joining the many who tie for the single-game assist record of 6.
    3g 5a vs Daniel Webmaster a few years ago.

Re: D3 18-19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Genbeau View Post
    3g 5a vs Daniel Webmaster a few years ago.
    One of six players tied for an 8 point performance, which was the high watermark until Sarah Bobrowski of Hamline dropped 9 on Concordia (MN) this past February.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Had an NEHC coach tell me that they don't need another weak team in the conference. They've just added Suffolk, USM has never been very strong, and NEC is a perennial bottom dweller. There's concern that despite having Norwich, the conference will be seen as one of the weaker ones around if some of these teams can't improve. Not that it's a powerhouse conference now!
    At the rate GNAC schools are adding hockey if they don't let Anna Maria in they could end up with the GNAC schools forming their own conference (or it could happen anyway). The men already at 5, women could be 5 if Albertus Magnus starts a program to join their new men's team. St. Joseph's (ME) and Colby-Sawyer both offer hockey as a club in both genders which could lead to varsity.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Thread Information