Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

NCHC 63-39-13
    Big10 51-38-15
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyUdude
      Who is "Goober"? You should know who I am. Where was I two weeks ago? I was working. It is I, Fred. My team has only 4 wins, but I'm here, as soon as I could be. Some razzed the likes of Happy and Speedkills for supposedly disappearing? Well, I will never disappear because my team is struggling. SCSU is winning alot of games? LOL, look at their schedule!!! When they ever turn these regular season wins into NCAA tourney wins I might convert and become a believer. Until that happens, I'll continue to give SCSU fans sh1t.

As for UMD, they got into the tourney last season by just a fraction over UMn. I mean, it is what it is. They got in and then won. Congrats. But how close where they to not getting in? Not trying to discount their title, not at all. Just showing how a team like UMn last year could have won the whole thing had their rating just been a small bit higher. I was against the firing or "letting go" of Lucia. This season, UMD has done ok. UMn apparently wasn't impressed as they got a win and a tie against your boys. Maybe it was an outlier, as UMD has done better since then, as compared to the Gophers, but sorry, UMD's schedule since then has not been equal to UMn's. Do you disagree? Does it matter? Nothing might matter until March?
      You should not really throw me in the disappearing group. I only disappear when my company tries to work me to death, not because my team sucks.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

The only thing that appears to be disappearing are butts in the seats at Mariucci. The OSU-MN game was on tv in the bar I was at last night, and the emptiness of that arena was shocking.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          You should not really throw me in the disappearing group. I only disappear when my company tries to work me to death, not because my team sucks.
          You need to work on working less. I have found this to be quite enjoyable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            The only thing that appears to be disappearing are butts in the seats at Mariucci. The OSU-MN game was on tv in the bar I was at last night, and the emptiness of that arena was shocking.
            It is sad.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DynastyUdude
              Well, college hockey isn't owned by the blue bloods anymore, and UMn hockey is suffering just like all the other blue bloods are. And hey, they got a new coach, that often means a period of less than stellar play. Combine that with the Wild having a great season so far, and who knows, maybe the weather being colder than normal might hurt as well?
              Didn’t realize the Wild were having a great season. The December swoon started early this year. You forgot one excuse. The Big Ten
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                What is the story behind this? It appears that close to all of the seats are sold.

Comment

What is the story behind this? It appears that close to all of the seats are sold.

Comment

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                    Corpie accounts, etc. There was some weather issues last night, but that's not the complete reason. A lot of people renew their season tickets just to keep their seats in case MN decides to start winning again, etc.

But yes. it's sad
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh good... fred's back... And still obsessing.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Obsessing? lol I didn't think about SCSU for at least 7 months. I even forgot the NHL was going. Got home after a relaxing time with family for Thanksgiving, logged on to the internet, and lo and behold, SCSU was #1, so a quick 1 minute check showed they played a very weak schedule and another minute of searching showed someone started up another B1G vs NCHC thread and I figured I might as well post something that made sure you knew it was me, since I'm on an old laptop and hence using an older login/name, etc.. But now that you know it's me, well...

I hope life is treating you well FTLT? At least hockey seems to be going well for your team.
                        Whatever you say Dubbers...
                        Forgot about hockey but then checks and decides to post about a "weak schedule"
                        Not buying it.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I was there Saturday. It's really bad but I guess I just don't see it changing. There will be one series every other year when UND brings a bunch of their fans into our house and some old timer Gopher fans, who are unwilling to move into the new world of college hockey, will come wax nostalgic about how there can still be a good atmosphere at Mariucci. Yeah, only when you bring in UND and all their fans in. Meanwhile the U still tries to schedule those Minnesota teams that everyone was going to miss and the building is still empty, even against those "rivals" everyone was apparently going to miss after the conference switch. I just don't know what the answer is or if there is an answer. And truth be told, I don't go to a ton of home games so I can't be too critical. I can tell you it was one of the most boring hockey games I've been to in quite some time on Saturday afternoon/evening. The combination of a bad Gopher team, not much flow to the game, and an empty arena just made for a snoozer. It's pretty sad when the biggest cheer of the night is a goal being waved off that could have been the game winning goal in OT.

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
                          I don't know the answer to this question. I can tell you this about the game I attended on Saturday. I bought single game tickets to this game, not a STH or anything like that. When we got to our section there was an envelope taped to our seats with my name hand written on it. Inside the envelope was a little note hoping I enjoy the game experience, a packet about season tickets/pricing, and a contact at the ticket office. I saw several other envelopes around us that were never removed from the seats, I have to assume that those people just flat out didn't show up. We were in pretty nice seats 9 rows up behind the Gopher bench so it's not like these people just grabbed some random, cheap tickets to get in the building and then moved to the plethora of open seats. I'd think if they showed up they'd sit in these seats.

Sorry to turn this thread into Mariucci lack of attendance talk.

NCHC > B1G.......carry on.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Guess it doesn't matter whether you buy it or not. My job, combined with my girlfriends and my family didn't allow me anytime to think about hockey, and especially not SCSU. Was it Saturday I posted that first post? That was the first time I had logged onto uscho.com since last April and maybe that can actually be checked and verified? What other site would I go to? And when I did check in at Gophersports.com, it was to check on the football and volleyball teams mostly, or get a quick game result for the men's and women's hockey and basketball teams. No time to care about other teams. I had no clue who was in the Top 20 other than the Gophers before Saturday.
                            I am not going to tell you where I work, but if I did, you'd understand. I have worked close to 120 hours in a week in the past. I've worked 34 days in a row before. It's rare I don't work on Sundays and almost never that I don't work on Saturdays. Cept in the winter when I'm on vacation.

Girlfriends would prefer I not pay any attention to sports, but that will never happen.
                            Life is to short to work that much. I use to live by the phone as I was a trainman for Burlington Northern. After 2 years I switched and worked on the tracks. Much better work schedule and was rarely called out on weekends. Now I’m retired and enjoying as many sporting events as possible. Just my 2 cents
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

well icehawk, you are right about that. But my job is a seasonal one. So it's only during the spring planting and fall harvest seasons that I work those kinds of hours. You don't miss a ton before Thanksgiving and that is usually about when I'm done for the season. Then I get half pay throughout the winter and can have as much unpaid vacation as I want during July and August as it gets so slow then.

So with overtime and bonuses and unemployment, I only work about 1300 hours a year, on average depending of course on the weather, but I get paid just over 2000 hours worth of pay. So I actually work alot less over the whole year than everyone else, while making the same amount of money, at least as those at the same pay rate. I think of it as sort of semi-retirement. I pick up side jobs during the summer months from a guy who is ok with me saying no sometimes if I have plans, he likes to go out at night so we never work too late. So I get to enjoy my Minnesota summers at the family's beach house, or out and about throughout Minnesota going to music festivals and such, and I get to enjoy the best time of the year for watching sports, December through April, either at home or wherever I end up vacationing, usually Vegas, but the girlfriends want me to go overseas, too, so we'll see how persuasive they can be?

My only problem is trying to stay in shape over the long winter. Gets tougher the older I get.
                              That’s funny because since retiring I’ve been helping a buddy of mine harvest and seed the last 3 years. Love doing it and yes it is long hours but we are usually done harvesting in 6 weeks although this year was a harvest from hell with the weather.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Guess this is now Dubbers resident thread...
                                Works I guess...
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X