Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten > NCHC

Originally posted by omahasioux1 View Post
    I am embarrassed to admit I have a niece on that team.
    Huh.

I have a niece that chose a UM rival for volleyball. While it won't make me a fan of that program I'm proud of her accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
      NCHC 37-21-5
      Big 10 27-19-3
      Right now the best non-con record belongs to "D-I Independent," so there's that.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Slap Shot;6719432]Huh.

I have a niece that chose a UM rival for volleyball. While it won't make me a fan of that program I'm proud of her accomplishments.[/QUOTEI was being sarcastic.

Comment

ASU lost 6-5 last night, would have liked to watch this series.
            And then got the split. Sparty better watch it, because this isn't going to be a cakewalk series.

Comment

Where the hell is Dave K?

Comment

Hiding under a rock until he is able to talk trash again. He usually doesn't disappear until March/April but his early disappearance is much appreciated since he's too chicken**** to ever face his comeuppance.

Comment

Killed by speed.

NCHC speed.
                  Last edited by burd; 11-14-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Doesn’t he claim to be a Bison fan too? I just assumed he was trolling the siouxsports football thread.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

He has some good stuff in the GPL

Comment

Dave/speedkills is a troll with personal issues, but I don't think anyone can deny the B1G is becoming a force. And that is good for all hockey fans. For the games and for the banter.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Dave/speedkills is a troll with personal issues, but I don't think anyone can deny the B1G is becoming a force. And that is good for all hockey fans. For the games and for the banter.
                          I'll deny it. I think it's still sub-par hockey, but I'll concede it's getting better.
                          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I think the perceived strength of the Big 10 has to do with more so the surprising weakness of Hockey East as of late where ECAC looks to be the power conference out east (and not really). Over the last two seasons the WCHA has been about even with B1G as well. NCHC obviously hasn’t even been close being an outlier but a couple seasons can’t dictate “all time perennial powerhouse”.
                            Seems like the B1G formation has been a huge leg up for the other MN schools that aren’t the Gophers. I wonder what would happen if at least Mankato if not BSU were added to NCHC.
                            Overall to me the whole B1G vs NCHC feud is stupid as it is assuming those conferences out east remain soft. How many titles have the ECAC and HE picked up since the last time Michigan State last won a title in 2007? Feels like the Big 10 has been so incredibly mediocre over the years that a decent year feels like a huge victory. Are we going to give Boston College a cookie too when they finally make l it into the tournament again?
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                              I think the perceived strength of the Big 10 has to do with more so the surprising weakness of Hockey East as of late where ECAC looks to be the power conference out east (and not really). Over the last two seasons the WCHA has been about even with B1G as well. NCHC obviously hasn’t even been close being an outlier but a couple seasons can’t dictate “all time perennial powerhouse”.
                              Seems like the B1G formation has been a huge leg up for the other MN schools that aren’t the Gophers. I wonder what would happen if at least Mankato if not BSU were added to NCHC.
                              Overall to me the whole B1G vs NCHC feud is stupid as it is assuming those conferences out east remain soft. How many titles have the ECAC and HE picked up since the last time Michigan State last won a title in 2007? Feels like the Big 10 has been so incredibly mediocre over the years that a decent year feels like a huge victory. Are we going to give Boston College a cookie too when they finally make l it into the tournament again?
                              B1G has also largely been playing soft OOCs, especially last year, and this year they haven't been winning as many buy games (Michigan losing to UVM and Lake Superior, for example) save for Penn State.
                              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                                B1G has also largely been playing soft OOCs, especially last year, and this year they haven't been winning as many buy games (Michigan losing to UVM and Lake Superior, for example) save for Penn State.
                                Soft yes, but can’t be so soft since the pairwise would reflect—the beauty of college hockey. Soft schedules has been PSU’s thing. Favorite quote I’ve seen on here “want to make the tournsment-schedule like Penn State. Want to win the tournament-schedule like Notre Dame”. Have to attest to that for UMD’s success as it seems they have been in the top 10 if not top 5 SOS year in and out. Notre Dame and UMD have been scheduling eachother dating back to 2011 and both have been enjoying strong success since. ND even scheduled both UMD and DU last year and while it didn’t help their out of conference win % it definitely had them primed up for the regular season
                                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X