Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Enough with the ceremonies already - DROP THE PUCK!

https://www.hockeytv.com/#/play/game/497662
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

USA jumps out to a 1-0 lead in the first, goal by Hannah Brandt. So far the Americans have controlled the majority of the play, just missing on several real good opportunities. Canada did take two penalties to the USA's zero, and that helped the visitors outshoot the home team by a 16-4 margin.

Still 1-0 USA after two - anybody's ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Still 1-0 USA after two - anybody's ballgame.
    Loren Gabel ties it for Canada with 16:26 left.

Canada tied it up early in the 2nd, but Sidney Brodt scores the winner with the clock winding down for a 2-1 USA victory. Much more even play in the 3rd, but the Americans found a way to win it.

Here's another option, just click and play...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...ry?gameid=2222

Only saw the last 8 minutes but don't recall ever seeing so much energy from Brandt...fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Anyone know of the USA coaches for this tourney? The roster release didnít list them. Also curious if the Finland roster is out there.

I havenít been paying attention to non Olympic international tourneys for very long, but Iím excited for this and hope some is on TV in America. USA without the Lams and Duggan will be quite a different look. Same for Canada with Agosta.
    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/963308

Thanks for the info Blackl and Shelfit.

Didnít love the outcome last night but it was nice to be able to stream the game. Thought the Ouellette tribute was touching even if some people were anxious to get to the game.

team canada women have gone from being on life support to dead. They can't win to save their lives. Cannot outshoot team USA if you put a gun to their heads. This program is dead. Not even a win in the tournament final will bring them back to life before they lose everything again. Different quadrennial, same sh*t. And Mel Davidson is still giving media interviews it seems. Who knew that getting fired meant not getting fired.

At least they let go of at least one notable player who it seems has been hanging around for far too long. Still would like to see one of the forwards who was given an A on her sweater gone, but who is anyone kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaffron View Post
    team canada women have gone from being on life support to dead. They can't win to save their lives. Cannot outshoot team USA if you put a gun to their heads. This program is dead. Not even a win in the tournament final will bring them back to life before they lose everything again. Different quadrennial, same sh*t. And Mel Davidson is still giving media interviews it seems. Who knew that getting fired meant not getting fired.

At least they let go of at least one notable player who it seems has been hanging around for far too long. Still would like to see one of the forwards who was given an A on her sweater gone, but who is anyone kidding.
    I can't keep track of which quadrennial this is or where we're at within the quadrennial or which players you're talking about since I'm not an expert on Team Canada. Can you give complete info in the future please? I need to go take a quadrennial-headache-relief tab or two or four!

As an American I hope Hockey Canada keeps doing what it's been doing but a good start to turning things around would be to actually have your country's best players (Watts and Giguere to name 2) on your National teams!!! Hockey Canada, wake up and take your best players, it's a pretty simple concept!!! Oh wait, actually keep doing exactly what you've been doing, it's working great!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydad23 View Post
    As an American I hope Hockey Canada keeps doing what it's been doing but a good start to turning things around would be to actually have your country's best players (Watts and Giguere to name 2) on your National teams!!! Hockey Canada, wake up and take your best players, it's a pretty simple concept!!! Oh wait, actually keep doing exactly what you've been doing, it's working great!
    At least Watts had her shot but it didnít work out for her. She struggled is what I heard. As for Giguere, I have only seen her play a few times and she was impressive. Why she is being overlooked is beyond me along with a few others. It might take me a quadrennial to figure it all out.

Does anyone have some quadrennials to trade for some semirennials? I have to hit the laundromat.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydad23 View Post
    Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada. Last Team Canada win at any level? 2014 Olympics. Heck even the Canadian University girls beat the U22 team 3 times last August and they had to pay their own way to attend limiting the best players from going.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaffron View Post

This isn't going to be easy but Team Canada needs to start at the top and choose the correct quadrumvirate to lead the program. Once that is in place they can focus on developing a quadrisect for player selection. Frankly this will require some thinking outside the quadrilateral. First of all, they need players who are quadrilingual, which is great for confusing the opponent. Then they can focus on players with more developed quadriceps. Of course then it's the obvious one, they need players who can do a quadrillion push-ups. And finally they need players who will quadruple their effort.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    This isn't going to be easy but Team Canada needs to start at the top and choose the correct quadrumvirate to lead the program. Once that is in place they can focus on developing a quadrisect for player selection. Frankly this will require some thinking outside the quadrilateral. First of all, they need players who are quadrilingual, which is great for confusing the opponent. Then they can focus on players with more developed quadriceps. Of course then it's the obvious one, they need players who can do a quadrillion push-ups. And finally they need players who will quadruple their effort.
    Dial 315-268-XXXX and ask for Matt.
    Last edited by joecct; 11-09-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Making America Troll Again

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada.
    Yes, it’s a good idea to have good upper body strength if you are going to deliver a cross check or a face wash. She has another three years to pass the test.
    we live in an era where a video clearly shows Acosta pushing the interns arm, yet the media can get away with claiming it is fake because, well, that's what many want to hear

(Standing ovation.....good thing I'm not a quadruped, otherwise I couldn't execute the well deserved standing ovation)

+4

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Dial 315-268-XXXX and ask for Matt.
    I think it would be better to ask for Mike...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Thread Information