Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: 2018 Four Nations Cup

  1. #1
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,311

    2018 Four Nations Cup

    US Roster is out:

    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...38-2018-roster

    EDIT: Didn't realize Canada announced theirs last week:

    https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...ters?teamid=70

    I wonder who Watts ****ed off over at Hockey Canada
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 10-19-2018 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,277

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I wonder who Watts ****ed off over at Hockey Canada
    Good question...Do you know if it is something like this for Carpenter with Team USA as Bozek seems to be back in their favor?
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

  3. #3
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,311

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Good question...Do you know if it is something like this for Carpenter with Team USA as Bozek seems to be back in their favor?
    I don't know anything at all about Carp's relationship with Team USA but it seems clear that there may have been some bridges burned.

  4. #4
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,081

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    US Roster is out:

    https://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/s...38-2018-roster

    EDIT: Didn't realize Canada announced theirs last week:

    https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...ters?teamid=70

    I wonder who Watts ****ed off over at Hockey Canada
    Sweden's is out as well: http://www.swehockey.se/Landslag/Dam...ember6-102018/

    College players:

    Lovisa Selander (RPI)
    Emma SŲderberg (UMD)
    Jessica Adolfsson (PSU)
    Sara Hjalmarsson (PC)
    Celine Tedenby (ME)
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 22-22-4
    Women's: 11-17-7

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,672

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    A bunch of dim bulbs in Calgary if you ask me.

    Either that or they're BC fans and want to make sure the Eagles win that weekend.

  6. #6
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,311
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Either that or they're BC fans and want to make sure the Eagles win that weekend.
    We finally got smart and scheduled a bye week!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,277

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    We finally got smart and scheduled a bye week!
    Aren't most Hockey East weekends for bc technically bye weeks...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Aren't most Hockey East weekends for bc technically bye weeks...
    Pushover weeks actually. There's a slight difference.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Good question...Do you know if it is something like this for Carpenter with Team USA as Bozek seems to be back in their favor?
    I heard Canada requires players to pass a fitness test that has proven difficult for one of BCs finest.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    I heard Canada requires players to pass a fitness test that has proven difficult for one of BCs finest.
    Because that determines whether or not you can put points on the scoreboard?! So stupid. No wonder Canada's program is going downhill. This reminds me of the Babstock situation a few years ago. They don't seem to be able to see the obvious. Maybe they should take off their blinders.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    333

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Anyone know of the USA coaches for this tourney? The roster release didnít list them. Also curious if the Finland roster is out there.

    I havenít been paying attention to non Olympic international tourneys for very long, but Iím excited for this and hope some is on TV in America. USA without the Lams and Duggan will be quite a different look. Same for Canada with Agosta.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    333

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...a-naisleijonat

    According to this all of the 4 Nations games can be watched free on Hockey TV, and some games will be broadcast on TSN too. First game is on at 1 pm, US vs Finland.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...a-naisleijonat

    According to this all of the 4 Nations games can be watched free on Hockey TV, and some games will be broadcast on TSN too. First game is on at 1 pm, US vs Finland.
    And they have a Roku channel you can link your hockeytv.com account to (an account is free).

    I just tuned in and it's 1-0 Finland after the first period. No idea what the shots are. Zamboni is looking good! Lol.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,546

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Final was USA 5, Finland 1
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Final was USA 5, Finland 1
    Trying to stay awake watching Canada "play with" Sweden. Boredom was broken up by a late Swedish goal but mercifully this torturous game is over, 6-1. Think I prefer watching two average D3 teams play against each other. At least then the game is more evenly matched. Even the Canadian fans were snoring, the few that had nothing better to do with their time than to attend. This was awful.
    Last edited by shelfit; 11-06-2018 at 10:27 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,546

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Instead of closing it appears that the gap between North America and the rest of the world continues to widen. While we all like to cheer for our home country I fear if the games are in no way competitive/interesting that women's hockey remaining an Olympic sport will eventually be called into question. At a minimum I think we need at least one other country to emerge as a real threat to interrupt the decades-old North American supremacy. How and when that might happen I have no idea.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,672
    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Instead of closing it appears that the gap between North America and the rest of the world continues to widen. While we all like to cheer for our home country I fear if the games are in no way competitive/interesting that women's hockey remaining an Olympic sport will eventually be called into question. At a minimum I think we need at least one other country to emerge as a real threat to interrupt the decades-old North American supremacy. How and when that might happen I have no idea.
    Maybe Michigan and Michigan State can start women's programs and stock it with nothing but internationals??

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    333

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Yea that wasnít a competitive game. Some nice goals by the Canadians none the less. Hard to believe Poulin is already a veteran captain - I feel like it was 2010 and she was a young National Team player just yesterday.

    Looking forward to Canada USA which I believe is tonight. Hopefully they draw some fans.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Yea that wasnít a competitive game. Some nice goals by the Canadians none the less. Hard to believe Poulin is already a veteran captain - I feel like it was 2010 and she was a young National Team player just yesterday.

    Looking forward to Canada USA which I believe is tonight. Hopefully they draw some fans.
    Yes tonight at 7pm Central time. Here's a link with the full schedule:

    https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/women/national/2018-19/4-nations/stats/schedule

  20. #20
    Making America Troll Again
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I'm a pathetic troll
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Maybe Michigan and Michigan State can start women's programs and stock it with nothing but internationals??
    they just legalized pot, so it sounds like they are going for Canadians and Californians
    we live in an era where a video clearly shows Acosta pushing the interns arm, yet the media can get away with claiming it is fake because, well, that's what many want to hear

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •