• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Final: USA 5, Sweden 1
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

there is a rumour that shannon miller is being asked to consider coaching team canada women

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
        OMG how stupid. I thought that the stupidity of team canada women management was at its peak when they bragged and hawed about playing 50 games against midget boys leading up to the olympics but apparently not. Maybe if they cannot get stupid out of their system they deserve bad results. This team is dead. Simply dead.

Embarrassing! What a failing disaster. Actually, team canada women has been living on borrowed time since 2010, arguably, and put on life support in 2013. This program is dead. They deserve to lose to China in 2022. Stick a fork in this program and the U18s as well. Both are dead.
        Ok. Somebody give me a fork. And somebody hold my beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
          OMG how stupid. I thought that the stupidity of team canada women management was at its peak when they bragged and hawed about playing 50 games against midget boys leading up to the olympics but apparently not. Maybe if they cannot get stupid out of their system they deserve bad results. This team is dead. Simply dead.

Embarrassing! What a failing disaster. Actually, team canada women has been living on borrowed time since 2010, arguably, and put on life support in 2013. This program is dead. They deserve to lose to China in 2022. Stick a fork in this program and the U18s as well. Both are dead.
          It's a good thing you don't have a personal grudge against Mel Davidson and Team Canada as a whole. Careful you don't burst an artery or anything.

Comment

Sweden 2 - Finland 1 after two.

Winberg put Sweden up in the first.

Hurikoski tied it in the second for Finland on what should have been a routine save but the Swedish goalie had her angle wrong and she let Hurikoski's wrist shot sail right by into the net.

Less than a minute later Winberg, with her second goal, put Sweden back in the lead after a brief scrum in front which Raty was none too pleased with...the goal, that is.

Very good game...haven't seen Sweden play this well in years.

And I like the new look of the Finn's jerseys...sharp shade of blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Sweden 2 - Finland 1 after two.
              . . .
              Very good game...haven't seen Sweden play this well in years.

And I like the new look of the Finn's jerseys...sharp shade of blue.
              Suomi on the PP to tie @ 2/
              I do not know who designs their sweaters but they were the first with the whites that were their flag & I just love those. The others that followed too but the Finns did it first. The blue is great on TV

Comment

And the wheels fall off for Sweden with 3 unanswered goals by the Finns.

Finland 4 - Sweden 2 final.

2 unfortunate goals...the one already mentioned earlier and another where a Finnish forward fell over a Swedish defender in the Swedish crease the inertia of which pushed the Swedish goalie back into her net and she was left to helplessly sprawl forward for the puck but would have needed longer arms to succeed. The Swedes were calling for goaltender interference but after a huddle the officials didn't see it that way. Way she goes.

Good competitive game with the Swedes in control on the scoreboard and the ice until the third.

Must be a real downer in their dressing room after that.

Comment

Must be a real downer in their dressing room after that.
                  I get that they are competitive people, but I would think that a 4 Nations downer doesn't last much longer than it takes to put on street clothes. Does anyone remember who finishes 3rd at this event? Okay, maybe if Canada or the US does, but otherwise, no.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Does anyone remember who finishes 3rd at this event?
                    They do.

Comment

They do.
                      I think if you're Finland or Sweden 3rd place is the MOST you can expect in this tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        I think if you're Finland or Sweden 3rd place is the MOST you can expect in this tournament.
                        My point is that if you lose a heartbreaker at the Olympics, then it's devastating. At Worlds, it's bad, but not quite so bad. Four Nations? It's Four Nations. Other than Chaffron, I doubt anyone is going to push a panic button based on this tourney.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

My point is that if you lose a heartbreaker at the Olympics, then it's devastating. At Worlds, it's bad, but not quite so bad. Four Nations? It's Four Nations. Other than Chaffron, I doubt anyone is going to push a panic button based on this tourney.
                          Tournament to be renamed “Quad Nations” next year as a tribute to Chaffron.

Comment

Ya, but Chaffron isn't panicking. He's just using this event as another opportunity to try to be heard in his drama-queen-like outbursts. It's obvious that his daughter was "wronged" by Mel and the gang at Hockey Canada. Maybe she didn't do proper pushups or journal entries!

Comment

Game is streamed live and free on nhl.com in America It’s the TSN feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                                Game is streamed live and free on nhl.com in America It’s the TSN feed.
                                Why can't I find it there?

Comment

Working...
                                X