2018 Four Nations Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Instead of closing it appears that the gap between North America and the rest of the world continues to widen. While we all like to cheer for our home country I fear if the games are in no way competitive/interesting that women's hockey remaining an Olympic sport will eventually be called into question. At a minimum I think we need at least one other country to emerge as a real threat to interrupt the decades-old North American supremacy. How and when that might happen I have no idea.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Instead of closing it appears that the gap between North America and the rest of the world continues to widen. While we all like to cheer for our home country I fear if the games are in no way competitive/interesting that women's hockey remaining an Olympic sport will eventually be called into question. At a minimum I think we need at least one other country to emerge as a real threat to interrupt the decades-old North American supremacy. How and when that might happen I have no idea.
      Maybe Michigan and Michigan State can start women's programs and stock it with nothing but internationals??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Yea that wasn’t a competitive game. Some nice goals by the Canadians none the less. Hard to believe Poulin is already a veteran captain - I feel like it was 2010 and she was a young National Team player just yesterday.

Looking forward to Canada USA which I believe is tonight. Hopefully they draw some fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          Yea that wasn’t a competitive game. Some nice goals by the Canadians none the less. Hard to believe Poulin is already a veteran captain - I feel like it was 2010 and she was a young National Team player just yesterday.

Looking forward to Canada USA which I believe is tonight. Hopefully they draw some fans.
          Yes tonight at 7pm Central time. Here's a link with the full schedule:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/women/national/2018-19/4-nations/stats/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Maybe Michigan and Michigan State can start women's programs and stock it with nothing but internationals??
            they just legalized pot, so it sounds like they are going for Canadians and Californians

Comment

Enough with the ceremonies already - DROP THE PUCK!

https://www.hockeytv.com/#/play/game/497662

Comment

USA jumps out to a 1-0 lead in the first, goal by Hannah Brandt. So far the Americans have controlled the majority of the play, just missing on several real good opportunities. Canada did take two penalties to the USA's zero, and that helped the visitors outshoot the home team by a 16-4 margin.

Comment

Still 1-0 USA after two - anybody's ballgame.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Still 1-0 USA after two - anybody's ballgame.
                    Loren Gabel ties it for Canada with 16:26 left.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Canada tied it up early in the 2nd, but Sidney Brodt scores the winner with the clock winding down for a 2-1 USA victory. Much more even play in the 3rd, but the Americans found a way to win it.

Comment

Here's another option, just click and play...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/te...ry?gameid=2222

Only saw the last 8 minutes but don't recall ever seeing so much energy from Brandt...fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                          Anyone know of the USA coaches for this tourney? The roster release didn’t list them. Also curious if the Finland roster is out there.

I haven’t been paying attention to non Olympic international tourneys for very long, but I’m excited for this and hope some is on TV in America. USA without the Lams and Duggan will be quite a different look. Same for Canada with Agosta.
                          https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/963308

Comment

Thanks for the info Blackl and Shelfit.

Didn’t love the outcome last night but it was nice to be able to stream the game. Thought the Ouellette tribute was touching even if some people were anxious to get to the game.

Comment

team canada women have gone from being on life support to dead. They can't win to save their lives. Cannot outshoot team USA if you put a gun to their heads. This program is dead. Not even a win in the tournament final will bring them back to life before they lose everything again. Different quadrennial, same sh*t. And Mel Davidson is still giving media interviews it seems. Who knew that getting fired meant not getting fired.

At least they let go of at least one notable player who it seems has been hanging around for far too long. Still would like to see one of the forwards who was given an A on her sweater gone, but who is anyone kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                                team canada women have gone from being on life support to dead. They can't win to save their lives. Cannot outshoot team USA if you put a gun to their heads. This program is dead. Not even a win in the tournament final will bring them back to life before they lose everything again. Different quadrennial, same sh*t. And Mel Davidson is still giving media interviews it seems. Who knew that getting fired meant not getting fired.

At least they let go of at least one notable player who it seems has been hanging around for far too long. Still would like to see one of the forwards who was given an A on her sweater gone, but who is anyone kidding.
                                I can't keep track of which quadrennial this is or where we're at within the quadrennial or which players you're talking about since I'm not an expert on Team Canada. Can you give complete info in the future please? I need to go take a quadrennial-headache-relief tab or two or four!

Comment

Working...
                                X