Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Great points, ne7minder, couldn't agree more. If the men can have extremely competitive international tournaments, why shouldn't the women? One would hope that it's just historical, in that the men's game has been around much longer, and within each country they've had a lot more time to grow their talent level?

Back to Canada and Chaffron's dismay with Team Canada, it would be interesting to see exactly what changes he/she believes should be made. Chaffron, please post your "dream lineup" that you would like to see represent Canada in the next international tournament (not sure, but might this not be the 2019 IIHF World's?).

Also, who would you recommend to coach the team, and who should take over as head of Canadian women's hockey? Obviously, that person should not be Mel Davidson, in your opinion, so who best to lead the whole organization, with Davidson no longer involved? Assume it's you, with a free reign, and the coaching staff and player roster is your's to determine.
    Chaffron's daughter should obviously be the Hockey Canada women's GM, national team head coach, and first line player all at the same time. That would make up for her being snubbed by Mel & company.

Making America Troll Again

Re: 2018 Four Nations Cup

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Chaffron's daughter should obviously be the Hockey Canada women's GM, national team head coach, and first line player all at the same time. That would make up for her being snubbed by Mel & company.
    you should have quit when you said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    I have to admit while I was watching I wondered, "Is this the best Canada has to offer?" I was a bit bored by it too. It definitely wasn't very exciting hockey. It's a shame.
    the allure of women's hockey is that it can be an exciting game based on skill and speed rather than brawn
    but the way Canada plays, while perhaps their formula for winning gold, makes for a boring game when they play the US.
    If I want to watch NHL hockey, I'll watch the NHL.
    Last edited by pokechecker; 11-12-2018 at 11:30 AM.
    we live in an era where a video clearly shows Acosta pushing the interns arm, yet the media can get away with claiming it is fake because, well, that's what many want to hear

Maybe Canada won’t even need a national team down the road. Maybe nobody will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/s...-olympics.html

Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Maybe Canada won’t even need a national team down the road. Maybe nobody will.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/s...-olympics.html
    It would be kinda sad to see the death of Chaffron's quad bit...
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It would be kinda sad to see the death of Chaffron's quad bit...
    Four sure!

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Watts couldn't do the required number of push ups expected by Team Canada. Last Team Canada win at any level? 2014 Olympics. Heck even the Canadian University girls beat the U22 team 3 times last August and they had to pay their own way to attend limiting the best players from going.
    Looked this up on the HC website because I couldn’t believe it and you are off a bit but not by a lot. Last team to win an international event was the 2014 U18 team. Unbelievable!

Not too far off topic I hope, but I wanted to share this article and not make a new thread. This is a great profile on Jayna Hefford, who goes into the Hall of Fame tonight. The article is unlocked, no sub required.

https://theathletic.com/625674/2018/...ockey-journey/

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Looked this up on the HC website because I couldn’t believe it and you are off a bit but not by a lot. Last team to win an international event was the 2014 U18 team. Unbelievable!
    There's no way that could possibly be right... Is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    My dyslexia kicked in and I read this as the 2018 U14 team. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    There's no way that could possibly be right... Is there?
    It's not correct, but close. Team Canada won the 2014 Four Nations, which took place seven months after the 2014 U-18 world championship. As far as I can tell, they haven't won a tournament since then.

Canada needs to find players that have even half the skill and class as Jayna Hefford. Congratulations to her on being inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame last night. So well deserved. What a great representative of our sport!

Making America Troll Again

I’m sure Canada would love to find more players who can make Americans their bit chuz.
    we live in an era where a video clearly shows Acosta pushing the interns arm, yet the media can get away with claiming it is fake because, well, that's what many want to hear

Thread Information