Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB 2018.2: Postseason, Free Agency, and Awards

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It's a stupid argument. Babe Ruth was a sign of his times and over time athletes have become better conditioned, better trained, faster and stronger on average. As good as Jim Brown was in his day DL, LBs and DBs are all faster and stronger than they were in the 60's. Would he have dominated as much today as he did then? How about Wilt going up against the size and strength of today's average NBA player?
    The size argument is invalid. Manute Bol should have been way better, same with Yao Ming. Spud Webb destroyed the size thing, also. Wilt was way ahead of his time in skill.

That being said, with baseball, agree: the conditioning, talent pool, etc etc does play into everything. Bartolo Colon is the exception in the conditioning. Maybe Captain Cheeseburger Sabathia.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The size argument is invalid. Manute Bol should have been way better, same with Yao Ming. Spud Webb destroyed the size thing, also. Wilt was way ahead of his time in skill.

That being said, with baseball, agree: the conditioning, talent pool, etc etc does play into everything. Bartolo Colon is the exception in the conditioning. Maybe Captain Cheeseburger Sabathia.
      Prince Fielder, Jonathan Broxton, Carlos Zambrano, Todd Coffey, Heath Bell, Pablo Sandoval, Jon Rauch, Jumbo Diaz, Carlos Lee, Jose Molina, Pudge Rodriguez.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Size is just one component and there will always be exceptions. Wilt was a head of his time and he wouldn't put up 100 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Size is just one component and there will always be exceptions. Wilt was a head of his time and he wouldn't put up 100 today.
          That’s because they changed the rules specifically because how he put up 100 that day,
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            That’s because they changed the rules specifically because how he put up 100 that day,
            This, and also agree with Slap. I doubt anyone would put up 80 today (IIRC, I thought someone hit 70 a couple years ago).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It was Kobe
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It was Kobe
                Devin Booker had 70 in 2017.
                Kobe had 81 in 2006, and 65 in 2007.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It was Kobe
                  He also did it sitting a solid chunk of the 4th Q
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Devin Booker had 70 in 2017.
                    Kobe had 81 in 2006, and 65 in 2007.
                    I stand corrected on Kobe. That was an impressive thing.

Comment

Twins sign Nelson Cruz as veteran presence. $14 mil 1st year, club option at $12 mil the 2nd year.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The replies are very, very good (or is is berry, berry good?)

@adamgfisher: Exit velos are lower at Citi Field than any other park and this kills the Mets offense at home. If they can figure out the cause of this and fix it (wind patterns, baseball storage conditions?), it is bigger than almost any acquisition.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          @adamgfisher: Exit velos are lower at Citi Field than any other park
                          I researched whether there is data to back that up. When I got to the assertion that it's air turbulence from LaGuardia planes I silently put my computer away, peeled a banana, and scratched myself.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

@TB_Times: BREAKING: Among the changes the Rays announced this morning are reducing capacity to 25,000-26,000 and eliminating the upper 300 level.
                            https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/...te-experience/
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              @TB_Times: BREAKING: Among the changes the Rays announced this morning are reducing capacity to 25,000-26,000 and eliminating the upper 300 level.
                              https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/...te-experience/
                              Tarping the top?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Son just said “so no more $5 tickets where I can move down to the bottom level?”

Yep, that about sums it up. No more cheap tickets
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X