B1G 2018-19 Rise to the Top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G 2018-19 Rise to the Top?

Even though it's the beginning of the season does anyone feel our conference will have a strong Frozen Four presence again this season?

Re: B1G 2018-19 Rise to the Top?

J Morrison was way before his time: the west is the best.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

I don't see why not. 4 top 10 teams and 6 in the top 15. We should have the tournament invites to have a shot, but anything can happen once the tournament starts. I'm not holding my breath for 3. Two wouldn't shock me, and I certainly expect one............preferably with buckeye leaves on their helmets.

Comment

It's shocking how quickly the B1G has become the top conference in college hockey.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Even though it's the beginning of the season does anyone feel our conference will have a strong Frozen Four presence again this season?
          On paper, sure. Tough to tell only two weeks in though.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Of course it's only the beginning of the season but debate, discussion, speculation and eventual bragging rights are what we're here for.
            Some of the "other" conference's fans seemed to resent the strong showing we had in the last post season but does the B1G have what it takes to a perennial contender for top conference?

Comment

Have to win the big one to strengthen any claim as best conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Have to win the big one to strengthen any claim as best conference.
                So all the other teams in a particular conference can be mediocre or worse but if one stands out and wins the FF that automatically makes their conference the best?

Comment

So all the other teams in a particular conference can be mediocre or worse but if one stands out and wins the FF that automatically makes their conference the best?
                  I'd be perfectly happy if every year the B1G put 3 teams in the Frozen Four, an NCHC team walked away with the title, but you guys spend your time proclaiming the B1G the "best." Works great for me.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Not automatically but right now the NCHC is the best conference. This could be the year the Big Ten takes over but if the NCHC wins it all again they have the best claim since we all know they are more than one good team.

Comment

Right now the NCHC is like the SEC and the Big Ten is like... the Big Ten I guess?

Comment

Right now the NCHC is like the SEC and the Big Ten is like... the Big Ten I guess?
                        Even though the big one escaped the Big Ten last season I'd say the statement of 3 B1G teams in the FF was not a fluke and to go out on a limb I'd say, at least on paper, the B1G will have the most teams in the dance next spring.

Comment

Not automatically but right now the NCHC is the best conference. This could be the year the Big Ten takes over but if the NCHC wins it all again they have the best claim since we all know they are more than one good team.
                          The NCHC is going to be nowhere close to being the best conference this year, at least in terms of interconference records, teams in the tournament, or even title contenders, imho. I expect this to be a very down year for the conference, although I think there is a lot of good young talent playing here. The attrition in the form of the loss of top coaches and players leaving early for the pros is finally going to catch up to the league.

That said, I continue to believe that the NCHC will hold it's own as one of the best college hockey conferences going forward, notwithstanding some significant disadvantages its teams may face in terms of money, television exposure, geography, etc..., compared with a conference like the B1G.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            It's shocking how quickly the B1G has become the top conference in college hockey.
                            A little football money can go a long way.

[insert "It's Good To Be The King" gif]

Comment

I know the Big Ten has had the best overall intra-conference at least once, but it's time to finally also get the better of the NCHC head to head.

Comment

Working...
                              X