Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Ideas like this have zero traction with the trickle down folks who have stolen the Middle Classes wealth since 1980. Ayn Rand has won.
    why you need to sell to them?
    don't we keep hearing the D are a majority?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      This, too.
      I can afford an accountant. Doesn't matter.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        then everyone (here companies are people... freedom of speech and all) pays 5% of the wealth (whatever they own) with no exemptions.
        It's perfectly reasonable for a middle class person to have over a million dollars of wealth tied up in real estate or a 401.k, but this person would likely struggle to pay your $50K+ in "wealth tax" every year.

are you really proposing that I get taxed 5% on the value of my retirement savings?

Comment

Ideas like this have zero traction with the trickle down folks who have stolen the Middle Classes wealth since 1980. Ayn Rand has won.
          I'm open to a flat tax.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

why you need to sell to them?
            don't we keep hearing the D are a majority?
            No, D is the minority. Have you looked at the White House, Legislature, or Supreme Court lately?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm open to a flat tax.
              Epic Fail.

Comment

I can afford an accountant. Doesn't matter.
                Guessing he's slightly less accomplished than an accountant the rich people employ. Not a knock on your accountant, he suits your needs. However, guessing you'd upgrade if you could/had to.

Accountants are like lawyers. Do you call the guy you see on the tv ad? Maybe, if that's all you need. Or do you go for the super-high-priced exclusive one that you really need?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Paying 5% of all your wealth in taxes discourages non-liquid investments, and discourages savings in general. You're going to destroy the idea of retirement for all but the richest amongst us.
                  don't buy that. you have no taxes on first 200k on income you have cash to cover that tax on the van gogh in your hallway. controlled taxes to fund directed national healthcare. controlled taxes to pay for and fund social security. anyone no longer paying 25% on income gonna ***** about 5% wealth can go live on a commune.

Comment

I'm open to a flat tax.
                    flat taxes are a bad idea. Due to the diminishing marginal utility of money, a flat tax "harms" lower income people more than it harms high income people. A progressive tax structure is the most "fair".

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

No, D is the minority. Have you looked at the White House, Legislature, or Supreme Court lately?
                      but it's cause they are lazy. or disenfranchised. or mad cause bernie was robbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Does Trump have the million dollars to give? Fred isn't around to bail him out anymore.
                        He has it, but I'll bet it's not in cash or highly liquid assets.

Comment

don't buy that. you have no taxes on first 200k on income you have cash to cover that tax on the van gogh in your hallway. controlled taxes to fund directed national healthcare. controlled taxes to pay for and fund social security. anyone no longer paying 25% on income gonna ***** about 5% wealth can go live on a commune.
                          Home ownership will go into the tank as everybody starts to rent their dwellings, offloading their former houses to corporate investors.

Your tax structure would drastically raise my current taxes owed.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            flat taxes are a bad idea. Due to the diminishing marginal utility of money, a flat tax "harms" lower income people more than it harms high income people. A progressive tax structure is the most "fair".
                            mookie's twiggy tax doesn't harm po' folks.

first 200k in income is exempt.
                            200,001st $ earns get the twiggy.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              And this is why I'm not committed to a flat tax, I am only open to hearing the pros and cons. I won't simply dismiss it, nor simply accept it. I don't like the idea that if I work my butt off to get more money, all of a sudden I have to pay a bigger % because I can afford to. That doesn't sit well with me. In my eyes, it actually encourages me to make juuuuusssst enough to not jump to the next tax bracket, or to find write-offs and loopholes to pay less taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Home ownership will go into the tank as everybody starts to rent their dwellings, offloading their former houses to corporate investors.

Your tax structure would drastically raise my current taxes owed.

you don't pay property tax now? your house is 400k? that's 20k. your first 200k in income isn't taxed. that smells like you making out clown!

Comment

Working...
                                X