Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

"Children shouldn't be in cages."
    "Nah, let's keep them in cages."
    "How about we just keep them in cinder block rooms?"
    "Can we put fencing around the building?"
    "Yeh"
    "Done".

Brent's fine bipartisan compromise in action.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      "Children shouldn't be in cages."
      "Nah, let's keep them in cages."
      "How about we just keep them in cinder block rooms?"
      "Can we put fencing around the building?"
      "Yeh"
      "Done".

Brent's fine bipartisan compromise in action.
      Yes, because that is exactly what I'm saying.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Yes, because that is exactly what I'm saying.
        That is exactly what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          That is exactly what you're saying.
          "Let's kill everyone we hate."
          "Naw, how about just one religion?"
          "Ok, done."

Same nutjob scenario you are inserting here, completely idiotic on your part.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"Let's kill everyone we hate."
            "Naw, how about just one religion?"
            "Ok, done."

Same nutjob scenario you are inserting here, completely idiotic on your part.
            GOP: Let's cut taxes on the rich.
            Dems: Let's repeal part of those tax cuts.
            Brent: Both sides are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              GOP: Let's cut taxes on the rich.
              Dems: Let's repeal part of those tax cuts.
              Brent: Both sides are the same.
              And the rich, R or D, still take advantage of all the tax breaks they can. Period.

Comment

Here's a funny story.

Obamacare? Compromise legislation.
                Trump Tax Cut? No compromise.
                Immigration Reform that never passed was compromise as well. Gang of 8 in the Senate, 4 Republicans 4 Democrats proposed it and it passed in the Senate. The Tea Party House? No compromise.
                Putting kids in cages, no compromise. All Trump.

There's only one party stopping compromise folks. Only one. And the resident centrist will carry water for them till the day he leaves the planet.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Here's a funny story.

Obamacare? Compromise legislation.
                  Trump Tax Cut? No compromise.
                  Immigration Reform that never passed was compromise as well. Gang of 8 in the Senate, 4 Republicans 4 Democrats proposed it and it passed in the Senate. The Tea Party House? No compromise.
                  Putting kids in cages, no compromise. All Trump.

There's only one party stopping compromise folks. Only one. And the resident centrist will carry water for them till the day he leaves the planet.
                  I will carry water for what I think is just and correct and fits my views. I won't blindly jump to one "side" or the other just because. You keep referring to being centrist as a bad thing. Frankly, being extreme to one side or the other is what is tearing this country apart.

Comment

I will carry water for what I think is just and correct and fits my views. I won't blindly jump to one "side" or the other just because. You keep referring to being centrist as a bad thing. Frankly, being extreme to one side or the other is what is tearing this country apart.
                    Right down the middle, that's the safe place. Don't ever take a risk and make a stand for something.

You're one of those Third Way idiots.

Comment

The Center today doesn't believe in Climate Change, Health Care for All, a balanced budget, real immigration reform, or listening to sexual assault victims. A centrist today believes white men are being persecuted, and that it's a "scary time" for the white guy.

That's where the center is in this country.

I think I'll hang out in the left.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        The Center today doesn't believe in Climate Change, Health Care for All, a balanced budget, real immigration reform, or listening to sexual assault victims. A centrist today believes white men are being persecuted, and that it's a "scary time" for the white guy.

That's where the center is in this country.

I think I'll hang out in the left.
                        I disagree with that assessment. That is the Trumpers with those views. I do not hold those views.

Comment

I disagree with that assessment. That is the Trumpers with those views. I do not hold those views.
                          Go ahead and disagree. Facts are facts.

The Trumpers without the center would be a minority. The country is entirely red at the federal level and most state levels and every thing I listed is Republican Policy. That is the center.

Comment

Being in the center simply for the sake of being in the center is a bad thing. You're being just as much of an ideologue as a tea partier or a Bernie bro at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Being in the center simply for the sake of being in the center is a bad thing. You're being just as much of an ideologue as a tea partier or a Bernie bro at that point.
                              There are some things that are conservative that I like. There are some things that are liberal that I like. That, I feel, puts me in the center. I don't simply say, "I'm a centrist, because!"

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                Did she ever claim to be 100% or anything close to it? AFAIK, she always claimed some distant ancestry (because literally every person ever from Oklahoma does) and Harvard decided to put her on some minority faculty list, and then the GOP ran on that for years because they had no actual response to her.
                                From what I recall, she listed herself as a minority (link) and Harvard ran with it.

Personally, I have no dog in this fight but I'm kind of confused as to why Warren put this out there. First off, the methodology of the DNA testing could be called into question.
                                For Native American references, we used samples with in the 1000 Genomes project of Native American ancestry; these samples come
                                from Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. (It is not possible to use Native American reference sequences from inside the United States, since Native American groups within the US have not chosen to participate in recent population genetics studies.)
                                Secondly, if one accepts the methodology (and I do), this would show that Warren was at best 1/128th NA and a worst 1/2048th NA. Most NA tribes require 1/16th heritage while some will accept 1/32th. Hard to fathom either case being acceptable as classifying her as a minority. Maybe she was hoping that everyone would just read the headline and accept it.
                                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                                Groucho Marx
                                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                                Ron White
                                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                                Milo Bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X