Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Uh...Iran?
    I actually was thinking Iran sanctions when I typed that.

But I don't know--trump says it was a terrible deal.
    Last edited by burd; 10-18-2018, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I mean, they worked perfectly. Until dipsh-t McF-ckface took office.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        That we, "shouldn't be surprised" is beside the point and another deflection from the, "just asking" crowd.
        "America has killed a lot of people too".

The same people here who castigated Obama for bowing to a king, have nothing to say when Red Don curtsies before one, nor when his incompetent son in law conducts his own rogue foreign policy with a brutal, dictatorial regime, basically giving them carte Blanche to do what they want in the region, as long as that regime keeps funneling money into their pockets.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          They could then just analyze it as an oral agreement supported by substantial performance.

I know next to nothing about the case, but does Avenatti really care that much about the ultimate outcome? I don't mean to say he is just seeking publicity for himself. If he can put trump through the process long enough and hang some stink on him, it appears he will feel he has accomplished much of what he set out to do.
          There's some question as to whether a NDA would fall outside California statute of Frauds, which could apply to an unsigned contract. But I think there are precedents in CA that would lead one to believe a NDA does fall outside that statute, so to me Stormy's case on that front looks pretty weak. Not only did she cash the check but she denied the affair to the press. She was following the agreement. Oddly, if she didn't cash the check, the question of the legality of the payment probably goes away, so we're pretty sure she did.

I agree that Avenatti doesn't care if they lose the case. I think he demonstrated with Swetnick he doesn't care much about the client. Thing is, if they do lose, there's a good chance Daniels is ordered to pay Trump's legal fees, just like in the case the other day. I don't imagine Trump has a cheap legal team, either. Plus if the contract is good she may be open to the original penalties as she has proceeded, (presumably on the advice of counsel, although I don't doubt Avenatti has protected himself from liability somehow) to break the NDA and the restraining order quite often. Maybe Avenatti has something strong up his sleeve other than bluster, but if he doesn't, Daniels could very well get screwed. (again!)
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            There's some question as to whether a NDA would fall outside California statute of Frauds, which could apply to an unsigned contract. But I think there are precedents in CA that would lead one to believe a NDA does fall outside that statute, so to me Stormy's case on that front looks pretty weak. Not only did she cash the check but she denied the affair to the press. She was following the agreement. Oddly, if she didn't cash the check, the question of the legality of the payment probably goes away, so we're pretty sure she did.

I agree that Avenatti doesn't care if they lose the case. I think he demonstrated with Swetnick he doesn't care much about the client. Thing is, if they do lose, there's a good chance Daniels is ordered to pay Trump's legal fees, just like in the case the other day. I don't imagine Trump has a cheap legal team, either. Plus if the contract is good she may be open to the original penalties as she has proceeded, (presumably on the advice of counsel, although I don't doubt Avenatti has protected himself from liability somehow) to break the NDA and the restraining order quite often. Maybe Avenatti has something strong up his sleeve other than bluster, but if he doesn't, Daniels could very well get screwed. (again!)
            Even statutes of fraud can be overcome sometimes without a writing, when there is strong evidence of performance. Of course, all that is jurisdiction specific.

I think Avenatti probably cares about his clients. Plaintiffs trial lawyers (the ones who don't shrink from trying big cases) are often type A gunners, though, and regularly behave like he has been. Not all--the best ones are just smart, organized, and tireless preparers. The smart part often means they hire excellent associates and staff and use them wisely. Mueller comes to mind, though if he were not working for the government, he'd probably be a defense counsel. Not one you'd want to face unprepared.

Comment

Flaming Liberal Bob Corker isn't all that happy that the admin has clamped down on all the intelligence related to Khashoggi.
              https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-arabia-913238

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Even statutes of fraud can be overcome sometimes without a writing, when there is strong evidence of performance. Of course, all that is jurisdiction specific.

I think Avenatti probably cares about his clients. Plaintiffs trial lawyers (the ones who don't shrink from trying big cases) are often type A gunners, though, and regularly behave like he has been. Not all--the best ones are just smart, organized, and tireless preparers. The smart part often means they hire excellent associates and staff and use them wisely. Mueller comes to mind, though if he were not working for the government, he'd probably be a defense counsel. Not one you'd want to face unprepared.
                I agree it could be overcome either way. That's why I say it doesn't look that great for Stormy so far.

I get that plaintiff lawyers often say ridiculous and outrageous things on behalf of their clients. But when I consider the risks he's put his clients at, I'm not sure it leads me to believe he has their best interests at heart. I'll skip what I think he did wrong with Swenick, but with Daniels, she had $130k in her pocket but had to keep her mouth shut. Not great, but not out on the street either. Avenatti told her she didn't have to honor the NDA and in fact he himself broke her agreement in the first paragraph of the suit he filed to invalidate the NDA. If he's wrong, and as we have been suggesting he very well could be, she is in big trouble, Avenatti's not. In fact he's famous and running for President. Doesn't seem entirely on the up and up from that point of view.

But maybe he's just a misunderstood guy with a heart of gold under that $3000 suit.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  I agree it could be overcome either way. That's why I say it doesn't look that great for Stormy so far.

I get that plaintiff lawyers often say ridiculous and outrageous things on behalf of their clients. But when I consider the risks he's put his clients at, I'm not sure it leads me to believe he has their best interests at heart. I'll skip what I think he did wrong with Swenick, but with Daniels, she had $130k in her pocket but had to keep her mouth shut. Not great, but not out on the street either. Avenatti told her she didn't have to honor the NDA and in fact he himself broke her agreement in the first paragraph of the suit he filed to invalidate the NDA. If he's wrong, and as we have been suggesting he very well could be, she is in big trouble, Avenatti's not. In fact he's famous and running for President. Doesn't seem entirely on the up and up from that point of view.

But maybe he's just a misunderstood guy with a heart of gold under that $3000 suit.
                  I’d be some nervous if I was his E&O carrier.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GagHaGTBud8

Rush and Hannity. Watching this might be the most amazing things I have ever seen.

I can't even list what they said here because it is so amazing it has to be listened to in it's entirety.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GagHaGTBud8

Rush and Hannity. Watching this might be the most amazing things I have ever seen.

I can't even list what they said here because it is so amazing it has to be listened to in it's entirety.
                      I'm not going to do it so please list it. Listening to Rush talk makes me ill.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I'm not going to do it so please list it. Listening to Rush talk makes me ill.
                        Dr. Ford. Liar. Trump called her out. That won the Kavanaugh seat.
                        The Left Wing is a mob, and the protestors are paid by George Soros.
                        The left doesn't believe in self reliance.
                        The difference between Republicans and Democrats is their opinion on Government. Republicans want less and Democrats want more. Everything I have ever seen is just the opposite.
                        And my favorite. Comey did everything he could to help Hillary win. I love that one. That was after they talked about Robert Mueller and how he can't do anything now since the election is coming up.

Those were the big ones.
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-19-2018, 09:42 AM.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

People who listen to that show or watch Hannity should be committed because they are nuts.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Dr. Ford. Liar. Trump called her out. That won the Kavanaugh seat.
                            The Left Wing is a mob, and the protestors are paid by George Soros.
                            The left doesn't believe in self reliance.
                            The difference between Republicans and Democrats is their opinion on Government. Republicans want less and Democrats want more. Everything I have ever seen is just the opposite.
                            And my favorite. Comey did everything he could to help Hillary win. I love that one. That was after they talked about Robert Mueller and how he can't do anything now since the election is coming up.

Those were the big ones.
                            Its good to see Rush moderate. Actually...

This is the same Rush creating enemies out of the American left starting 30 years ago and Fox picking up the baton 10 yrs later which resulted in a fear-charged conservative base. The resulting GOP party has becoming a tool of tribal partisanship meaning it is wholly incompetent at governing and incapable of compromise.

So, no. No change.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              People who listen to that show or watch Hannity should be committed because they are nuts.
                              How else will people find out what paintings have hidden cum?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                How else will people find out what paintings have hidden cum?
                                Go on.....
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X