Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Or, Trump has moved the Overton window of political discourse so far to the right, that most Americans don't even know what "far left" really means.

Comment

It's been a popular refrain for a long time now that both parties have moved away from the "center" and towards their own extremes, but this just isn't true. The left has moved consistently towards the center, and some case beyond the center in the last 40 years. If the democrats had moved as far to the left as republicans have in the other direction, Bernie Sanders would be a moderate in the party. Politicians in the country, on both sides of the aisle, have moved so far to the right they are coming up on the left on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        It's been a popular refrain for a long time now that both parties have moved away from the "center" and towards their own extremes, but this just isn't true. The left has moved consistently towards the center, and some case beyond the center in the last 40 years. If the democrats had moved as far to the left as republicans have in the other direction, Bernie Sanders would be a moderate in the party. Politicians in the country, on both sides of the aisle, have moved so far to the right they are coming up on the left on the other side.
        Scooby said the other week that the center of this country is what the extreme right represent currently. So.......which is it?

IMO, the extreme right and the extreme left are simply that. Extremes. The Trumpers and the antifa.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Or, Trump has moved the Overton window of political discourse so far to the right, that most Americans don't even know what "far left" really means.
          He's right. Remember that Democratic mob beating three guys in NYC last weekend?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Scooby said the other week that the center of this country is what the extreme right represent currently. So.......which is it?

IMO, the extreme right and the extreme left are simply that. Extremes. The Trumpers and the antifa.
            I never said that.

I said that the right represents the center cause that's how far right we've drifted. Extreme Left and Extreme Right are ill defined right now.

Keep locking kids in cages. That's the center. And that's RIGHT, not LEFT.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Brilliant. Of course the extremes are, as the word indicates, extreme. But the extreme left makes up an infinitesimal amount the 240 or so people in the U.S. house and Senate who call themselves Democrats, while the extreme right makes up the overwhelming majority of the 290 or so occupants of the House and Senate who call themselves republicans. Things are like this in plenty of statehouses and governor's mansions as well. As the governor of Michigan Mitt Romney's dad had some political positions that would be on the fringe LEFT of today's Democratic party. Congress used to be count dozens of republican senators and representatives that were pro-choice and pro-union. In 2018 how many are there? A couple who pander to the pro-choice movement on occasion and it's getting hard to find democrats who are truly friendly to labor. I gave up looking for a republican that was because for years now there haven't been any. If you don't think the parties have both moved substantially to the right you lack basic understanding of politics in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                If you don't think the parties have both moved substantially to the right you lack basic understanding of politics in this country.
                Bingo.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Bingo.
                  Yeah that is spot on. The extreme left would basically be communists or anarchists and they hold zero power in this country. The extreme right is our racist fascist grandpa who currently occupies the White House.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    A fight for his life, maybe. Pretty sure he didn't go in there rolling up his sleeves.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I never said that.

I said that the right represents the center cause that's how far right we've drifted.
                      And how is that different than what I said you said?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And how is that different than what I said you said?
                        ^^^

Reading comprehension for the win. You're doing another one of your classic false equivalences. Trumpers are 40% of the population. Antifa is less than 1.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          He's right. Remember that Democratic mob beating three guys in NYC last weekend?
                          Or those Democrats hurling expletives at Nancy Pelosi the other day?

https://lawandcrime.com/caught-on-vi...cFdYEcdtaNRQmU

Led by a Republican party chair?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So now this POS is saying hell give huge middle class tax cuts right before the election. If you are dumb enough to believe that you deserve everything you get.

Also trying to remove protections for transgendered people. So you can shove the “both sides are bad” BS as only one party wants to make life more difficult for minorities

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              So now this POS is saying hell give huge middle class tax cuts right before the election. If you are dumb enough to believe that you deserve everything you get.

Also trying to remove protections for transgendered people. So you can shove the “both sides are bad” BS as only one party wants to make life more difficult for minorities
                              DGF, people tell me I "chose to be trans."

Because dealing with this really looked appealing one morning when I was having my coffee.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

This is what DGF is talking about. If they get their way, there goes my surgery, there goes my gender marker change, there goes any chance of me having a passport, there goes everything.

http://www.newnownext.com/transgende...d_facebook_nnn
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X