Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    you don't pay property tax now? your house is 400k? that's 20k. your first 200k in income isn't taxed. that smells like you making out clown!
    My house is valued at $420K and I pay $4500/yr in property tax

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      And this is why I'm not committed to a flat tax, I am only open to hearing the pros and cons. I won't simply dismiss it, nor simply accept it. I don't like the idea that if I work my butt off to get more money, all of a sudden I have to pay a bigger % because I can afford to. That doesn't sit well with me. In my eyes, it actually encourages me to make juuuuusssst enough to not jump to the next tax bracket, or to find write-offs and loopholes to pay less taxes.
      didn't realize the fork paid 7 figures
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        it actually encourages me to make juuuuusssst enough to not jump to the next tax bracket,
        tax rates are marginal though, so you only pay the higher rate on income above the threshold for the higher bracket. You're still costing yourself money by intentionally keeping your income below the threshold

Comment

you don't pay property tax now? your house is 400k? that's 20k. your first 200k in income isn't taxed. that smells like you making out clown!
          Taxes paid on my house, add in my retirement, short-term savings, and my checking accounts, and we're getting into some serious cash. Then the state and local entities will take their cuts in taxes. You're significantly increasing the taxes on pretty much anybody who's more than a few years removed from college.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            My house is valued at $420K and I pay $4500/yr in property tax
            super rich

prolly own half of hancock county

Comment

• Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
              You do realize he was speaking very specifically about "A tax upon house-rents" and NOT taxes in general?
              And yet it applies equally well to both.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Taxes paid on my house, add in my retirement, short-term savings, and my checking accounts, and we're getting into some serious cash. Then the state and local entities will take their cuts in taxes. You're significantly increasing the taxes on pretty much anybody who's more than a few years removed from college.
                country has debts to pay. tough. when the bill comes monthly, you cut a check.

prolly have a side benefit too and reterd the crazy price increases of housing. lessen yer tax bill

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Problem is true consertivism died when it hopped in bed with the Christian Shariists and their Jesus fetish.
                  Your'e so wrong.

The death of classical conservatism came down to tribal politics, Rush Limbaugh and fear.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

super rich

prolly own half of hancock county
                    lol. The guy "across the street" (I can only see his driveway, its a 30 acre oceanfront compound completely hidden from the road by woods) from me pays something like $60-70K in property taxes. Multiple buildings. Hedge fund manager from NYC, uses it a couple weeks in the summer. I'd be okay if you tax 5% of his wealth every year

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      And this is why I'm not committed to a flat tax, I am only open to hearing the pros and cons. I won't simply dismiss it, nor simply accept it. I don't like the idea that if I work my butt off to get more money, all of a sudden I have to pay a bigger % because I can afford to. That doesn't sit well with me. In my eyes, it actually encourages me to make juuuuusssst enough to not jump to the next tax bracket, or to find write-offs and loopholes to pay less taxes.
                      You only pay a bigger percentage on the extra dollars earned. Or do you not understand the concept of marginal tax brackets?

Comment

At any rate, good job by Warren to try and score a cheap political point, thereby making her the media focus for the next week, instead of issues that are actually important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          I paid my taxes when my salary doubled. It hurt a bit but the benefits far outweigh the strain on my pocketbook. Why shouldn't I if I can afford it?

Someone needs to pay them...if I make 20k more than someone else I should pay more. I am better able to shoulder that burden.

It isn't like most people want to go back to Eisenhower times (except socially if you are a MAGAyte) but there is no reason someone making twice as much as a teacher (or more) should pay the same rate as a teacher. (or less). That will lead you to financial ruin.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            At any rate, good job by Warren to try and score a cheap political point, thereby making her the media focus for the next week, instead of issues that are actually important.
                            Eh, I wouldn't blame her too much. Trump has been doing that since the elec-- since he started campai-- since forever.

She finally called Trump's bluff. *shrug* yay politics, I guess.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              tax rates are marginal though, so you only pay the higher rate on income above the threshold for the higher bracket. You're still costing yourself money by intentionally keeping your income below the threshold
                              Bingo. Anyone who took econ in college knows this. Problem is most people ignore it cause they refuse to do more than read headlines.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I paid my taxes when my salary doubled. It hurt a bit but the benefits far outweigh the strain on my pocketbook. Why shouldn't I if I can afford it?

Someone needs to pay them...if I make 20k more than someone else I should pay more. I am better able to shoulder that burden.

It isn't like most people want to go back to Eisenhower times (except socially if you are a MAGAyte) but there is no reason someone making twice as much as a teacher (or more) should pay the same rate as a teacher. (or less). That will lead you to financial ruin.
                                If you're making 20K more, you are paying more in taxes, progressive or not. :P
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X