Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Warren needs to have a public forum in the midwest somewhere within 2 days titled the 'Trump is a loser and cheats charity to those who need it' town hall. It won't help her, but it'll help the D cause.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

It doesn't matter. They're all clinging to the 10th generation end of the estimate saying it doesn't make her Native American. But we all know nothing matters. Facts haven't mattered since 2015.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        It doesn't matter. They're all clinging to the 10th generation end of the estimate saying it doesn't make her Native American. But we all know nothing matters. Facts haven't mattered since 2015.
        Fine, but that doesn't matter. Painting Trump with as weak with a big L is what matters.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That is a misinterpretation of what I am saying.

Issue X has 4 sticking points.
          Side A says: we'll concede 2 of the points we want, if Side B concedes the 2 points they want. Boom, it's a small improvement, got something done, rather than all or nothing, and stuck with no improvement to Issue X.
          "Children shouldn't be in cages."
          "Nah, let's keep them in cages."

See, both sides are bad!

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

"Children shouldn't be in cages."
            "Nah, let's keep them in cages."

See, both sides are bad!
            Glad you're being rational.

That came out of left field. Jesus.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Fine, but that doesn't matter. Painting Trump with as weak with a big L is what matters.
              That's what I'm saying. The right isn't viewing this as an L, they're viewing it as a win because she's too little Native American. You aren't gonna be able to paint him as a cheat, because even if you do, it doesn't matter, because it's Trump.

Like I shared last week, my friend's father in law denies "grab em by the *****" ever being a thing. When you make your own reality you're always winning.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Side A says: we'll concede 2 of the points we want, if Side B concedes the 2 points they want. Boom, it's a small improvement, got something done, rather than all or nothing, and stuck with no improvement to Issue X.
                1. The country: Dems have actually often been about compromise. Obama stated about bringing the country together. McConnell said the GOP's goal was to make sure Obama passed nothing.

Trump treats half the country as the enemy. The problem is that most conservatives refuse to compromise and those who do are RINOs.

2. USCHO: When other posters bring facts to the table for discussion...you ignore them. If you Brent don't address others concerns with any facts of your own, why would you expect people to strictly compromise in the reality of Brent's world?
                Go Gophers!

Comment

That's what I'm saying. The right isn't viewing this as an L, they're viewing it as a win because she's too little Native American. You aren't gonna be able to paint him as a cheat, because even if you do, it doesn't matter, because it's Trump.

Like I shared last week, my friend's father in law denies "grab em by the *****" ever being a thing. When you make your own reality you're always winning.
                  Gotcha. But the GOP's base is not who we need to do this for. Its the guy who lives in Winona or Bay City and voted for Obama yet then Trump because he's 'strong'. He's not strong he's a loser - needs to painted as that when he fails.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Did she ever claim to be 100% or anything close to it? AFAIK, she always claimed some distant ancestry (because literally every person ever from Oklahoma does) and Harvard decided to put her on some minority faculty list, and then the GOP ran on that for years because they had no actual response to her.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It’s why I don’t spend time with republicans unless I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        1. The country: Dems have actually often been about compromise. Obama stated about bringing the country together. McConnell said the GOP's goal was to make sure Obama passed nothing.

Trump treats half the country as the enemy. The problem is that most conservatives refuse to compromise and those who do are RINOs.

2. USCHO: When other posters bring facts to the table for discussion...you ignore them. If you Brent don't address others concerns with any facts of your own, why would you expect people to strictly compromise in the reality of Brent's world?
                        Ok, I'll use the gun issue as an example. Scooby and I had a very good discussion in that thread, I think both of us brought forth some good points, and I was ready to concede a couple things to improve the problem the US has, and he was all or nothing. No leeway. In that aspect, nothing was going to get done.

Edit: separate thing: Warren never claimed full heritage, it's a shame she "had" to resort to DNA testing, and everyone is correct. The Herpaderps will never admit they are wrong.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Way to go Jeff. You're rock.
                          Jeff can rot.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

But what if Issue X is just stupid policy? But it's ok, cause it was bipartisan.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Did she ever claim to be 100% or anything close to it? AFAIK, she always claimed some distant ancestry (because literally every person ever from Oklahoma does) and Harvard decided to put her on some minority faculty list, and then the GOP ran on that for years because they had no actual response to her.
                              I don't believe she ever has, but what has become my Scooby slogan for today: it doesn't matter. The narrative will twist and be lost before it has a chance to stick.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                But what if Issue X is just stupid policy? But it's ok, cause it was bipartisan.
                                You missed the key word "improvement" in solving an issue, or partially solving it.

Comment

Working...
                                X