Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
    From what I recall, she listed herself as a minority (link) and Harvard ran with it.
    Not true.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/09/...hiring-report/
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Not Wrong

She listed herself as NA
      https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...y.html?camp=pm

Harvard claimed she was NA
      https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1...ing-at-hls-pa/

I never said they hired her because she was NA
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        There are some things that are liberal that I like.

Such as?
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Such as?
          LGBT rights, government staying out of the abortion issue (although personally I am against most abortions), tighten up/close the loopholes in gun laws.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            At one rally, depicted in Warren's video, Trump offered to donate $1 million to charity if Warren were to take a DNA test "and it shows you're an Indian." Warren tweeted Monday morning that Trump could "send the check to the National Indigenous Women's Resource Center."

But Trump said Monday that he "didn't say" he would pay Warren $1 million for showing her test results. "I didn't say that. You better read it again," he told reporters outside the White House.

This is where Democrats miss the real game. Somebody needs to absolutely flame Trump on this. Use hard hitting language. Trump needs to be called out as 'a total loser, a total cheapskate and is screwing charities out of money he promised them'. That's the only value in this story and the message needs to be hit 100 times over the next week.
            100% agree
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh, and the aforementioned closing the tax loopholes for businesses. I don't want to raise taxes, but closing the loopholes would bring in more tax money. Get rid of the tax breaks.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

LGBT rights, government staying out of the abortion issue (although personally I am against most abortions), tighten up/close the loopholes in gun laws.
                So, basic human decency and common sense.

That's why this country is so effed up if those are seen as "liberal" positions.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Oh, and the aforementioned closing the tax loopholes for businesses. I don't want to raise taxes, but closing the loopholes would bring in more tax money. Get rid of the tax breaks.
                  That's a radical position. All those loopholes were created by compromise.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why don’t you want increased taxes on the rich?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Why should they have to pay a bigger percentage?

And by closing all the tax breaks, it's effectively raising taxes without actually raising taxes. They are actually paying their fair share at that point.

Comment

Actually Gay Rights is not liberal...it is libertarian. True conservative thinking should be against any government action limiting the rights of citizens or policing their bedroom activity.

Problem is true consertivism died when it hopped in bed with the Christian Shariists and their Jesus fetish.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why should they have to pay a bigger percentage?
                          "It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations.

The farking father of modern capitalism understood that progressive taxation is "not unreasonable."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Because he doesn't understand basic economics.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Problem is true consertivism died when it hopped in bed with the Christian Shariists and their Jesus fetish.
                              This.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Because he doesn't understand basic economics.
                                Incorrect.

If I earn a million bucks, why should I pay a bigger percentage than if I earned 50K? If I'm a millionaire, and choose to give more to the community/economy, that is commendable (see the aforementioned Gates/Buffett). I shouldn't be required to, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X