Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1005

Thread: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    So Trump can say, over and over, that the media is the enemy of the people; people protesting, punch them, and I'll pay your legal fees; the Democrats are your enemy and must be stopped at all costs; and finally, when someone takes him at his word, and acts upon it, he bears no responsibility?

So the man who shot up the synagogue, because he believed that Jews were financing a caravan of terrorists marching on our borders to kill all of us, where do you suppose he got such an outlandish idea from? And the person or persons propagating that false story bear no responsibility for his ensuing actions?

So the man who cries "FIRE" in the crowded theater, isn't responsible for causing the mayhem that ensues thereafter?

This is why you aren't condemned for not being a partisan. This is why you're condemned for just being stupid.
    In the underlined case, he is indeed directing an action, and in that case, he should be held responsible.

I don't recall any time he said "bomb the Democrats."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I mean if we’re being technical Charles Manson never actually murdered anyone either
    So if someone beheads Trump, Kathy Griffin should be held responsible?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    So if someone beheads Trump, Kathy Griffin should be held responsible?
    She wasn't depicting a beheading. Do your research.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Lucia Apologist

His stances should be condemned, and they are being condemned by a lot of people, rightfully so. However, they are just words. The bomber took it upon himself to actually take action. That's on the bomber. Take responsibility for one's own action. Don't blame anyone else for what one does.
    The president's word turns ships, moves markets, and can start wars. There is NO SUCH THING as "just words" from the president.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The president's word turns ships, moves markets, and can start wars. There is NO SUCH THING as "just words" from the president.
    Imagine if obama had told supporters at a rally to beat up protestors because he’ll pay their bail. Or ask second amendment people to take care of something and then people get shot.

People would have lost their god**** minds

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Imagine if obama had told supporters at a rally to beat up protestors because he’ll pay their bail. Or ask second amendment people to take care of something and then people get shot.

People would have lost their god**** minds
    And I just said that if/when someone gives a directive, then yes, be held responsible. If someone simply says, "I hate (x)," and then someone else goes and physically attacks (x), the former shouldn't be held accountable. That action is on the person who actually takes the action, since that person was not directed to take any action in the first place.

Let's just keep feeding the troll...

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Let's just keep feeding the troll...
    Let's keep blaming others for one's own actions. It's the American way.

Let's keep blaming others for one's own actions. It's the American way.
    No. I'm just blaming Republicans and everyone who doesn't vote for their competition. Why? Because Republicans are directly responsible for the destruction of the United States.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Lucia Apologist

And I just said that if/when someone gives a directive, then yes, be held responsible. If someone simply says, "I hate (x)," and then someone else goes and physically attacks (x), the former shouldn't be held accountable. That action is on the person who actually takes the action, since that person was not directed to take any action in the first place.
    What about Trump is the goddam President isn't quite clicking with you? The occupant of that office is the single most important person in the world. He or she has more power than the vast majority of governments in the world.

Trump can literally cause war to breakout with his vienna sausage fingers.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

In the underlined case, he is indeed directing an action, and in that case, he should be held responsible.

I don't recall any time he said "bomb the Democrats."
    Does he have to come right out and say it? So, as long as he hasn't come right out and said, "someone needs to kill all the dirty Jews", everything's just hunky-dory. No matter what happens.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

People talked about Dems worshipping Obama. The silly thing was then when those calls came...Obama hadn't even entered office.

But there are some that literally worship Trump. Maybe that's not a huge problem...until he calls for violence. Enter pipe bomb Cesar in the white t shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6YIx3gA8
    Go Gophers!

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

So the guy standing on the street corner fomenting a riot isn't responsible when a riot breaks out? I mean, unless he comes right out and says, "You people gotta riot!!!"
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Trump and Fox/NRAtv all told us that a horde of migrant brown people funded by the jews was going to invade our country and someone decided to kill ten jews and another sent bombs to every mainstream democrat in recent news and the jewish person who was supposedly funding the caravan. Ultimately those people who committed the acts are responsible for their actions and nobody is arguing otherwise but to say Trump bares no responsibility at all is ludicrous and could only be argued by one of this board's 3 dumbest people.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Does he have to come right out and say it? So, as long as he hasn't come right out and said, "someone needs to kill all the dirty Jews", everything's just hunky-dory. No matter what happens.
    It's all code and Dog Whistle's. He does a great job at it. It's ****ing sick and demented but no question Bannon and the Breitbart machine gave him the scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Trump and Fox/NRAtv all told us that a horde of migrant brown people funded by the jews was going to invade our country and someone decided to kill ten jews and another sent bombs to every mainstream democrat in recent news and the jewish person who was supposedly funding the caravan. Ultimately those people who committed the acts are responsible for their actions and nobody is arguing otherwise but to say Trump bares no responsibility at all is ludicrous and could only be argued by one of this board's 3 dumbest people.
    I agree that no one is arguing against some responsibility of the person who took the action. However, I am of the opinion that the person who took action is 100% responsible. Not 98%, not 75%, I am saying 100%. There is no one else to blame except that person. Think for yourselves, people. If someone is yelling "RUN AND RIOT!" on a street corner, I don't care who s/he is (prez, random person, whoever), each individual should stop and think and make their own decision on what to do.

It really is that simple.

I agree that no one is arguing against some responsibility of the person who took the action. However, I am of the opinion that the person who took action is 100% responsible. Not 98%, not 75%, I am saying 100%. There is no one else to blame except that person. Think for yourselves, people. If someone is yelling "RUN AND RIOT!" on a street corner, I don't care who s/he is (prez, random person, whoever), each individual should stop and think and make their own decision on what to do.

Gotcha. But there is actually 150% or more of blame to go around.

...that's because Trump communicates hatred/violence and Cesar interprets that. Both are necessary and both share guilt. If Trump doesn't come along...based on Cesar's rhetoric and behavior its likely that he doesn't bomb. See the following incitement in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6YIx3gA8
    Go Gophers!

Trump inciting violence doesn't somehow make the bomber less than 100% responsible even if Trump is 33% responsible or whatever number you deem appropriate. That's not how this works lmao.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

My God Brent I can't believe you are this dense and simple minded. But I guess you are and that is really, really sad. The Founding Father's knew that yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater would be a problem, so even though the first amendment says what it says, it comes with limits. I've defended you before in this forum but I can't any longer. If you honestly believe that only the individual bares any responsibility for every last action they take, you truly are a lost soul and I'm re-thinking my earlier statement where I said you're probably a good neighbor.

not particularly bad

Cool. I'm just gonna drive the getaway car, not rob the bank. Only the bank robber is to blame.

Thread Information