Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1005

Thread: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

  1. #961
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    So vote for the side that does far FAR fewer bad things. That alone will make it better. Then if the other side wants to win, it will have to do even FEWER bad things than the side that does far FAR less. And after that, vote for the side who AGAIN is willing to to do even fewer STILL bad things. See how it works? You don't have to vote for perfect candidates because there are none. You don't have to vote for candidates who agree with you on every point because it's likely there are none of those too. The Obama video linked in one of these threads from a Wisconsin speech last week sums it up well. One election isn't going to fix everything. It might not even fix a lot. But it is a start. So unless you truly believe both sides are substantially equally bad, vote for the side that is less bad. If you find them equal, we really do need to stop speaking with you because that would prove you are hopeless. Every piece of evidence available shows the republicans have been to blame for far more bad policy, far more polarization and have been espousing exponentially more lies and falsehoods. More war, more soldiers dying, more deficits, more spending, more racism, more hate crimes, its all been happening on the republican watch for 2 generations now. In the 1990s I voted for republicans. In 2000, the only time I have ever voted in a primary when a general election would be contested, was for a republican. Had Obama picked a loser for VP and McCain picked a winner, I would have voted for McCain. I am no blind partisan. Both sides may be bad Brent, but one side is not only clearly worse, it is actually evil. You seem like a truly good guy to me, someone who works hard and is probably a good neighbor. Please wake up to what is happening in our country and do the right thing.
    I don't choose sides, I choose people. I don't care if they are (R), (D), (I), etc. I care what the individual wants to do. This sounds odd, but I almost wish that party designations were not listed on the ballots. Force people to look at the candidate themselves, instead of party. The infamous James Traficant (sp?) said he only was a D because that was the only party that would take him. They didn't really like him, but hey.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #962
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,680

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.




    Yeah...except the racist Trumpers doing this dont watch Bill Maher. God she is so stupid it is astounding.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #963
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I don't care if they are (R), (D), (I), etc.
    You should, because the party affiliation tells you 95% of what that person's policies and votes are going to be.

    Case in point, Ben Sasse. Traditional Republican who is well spoken and is nominally anti-Trump; he was the first Never Trump politician. Yet he still votes with the President 87 percent of the time and has supported all his major initiatives. The R after his name tells me more about what he actually does than anything else.
    Last edited by unofan; 10-29-2018 at 12:53 PM.

  4. #964
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,187

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post



    So to recap:

    We had Jews killed at a synagogue by a white man.
    We had a white guy killing black people at a Krogers. (wanted to enter a black church before that)
    Democrats targeted by white man with mail bombs

    But the real threat is the border? We need 5000 troops at the border to stop a bunch of people asking for asylum?
    And this is why I have so little hope for the future. I don't care who you are, I don't care how hard your life is, this information is out there and even the dumbest among us should be able to see this is not right and to vote accordingly. But so many people will believe that trump is acting in their best interests.

  5. #965
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,187

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    You should, because the party affiliation tells you 95% of what that person's policies and votes are going to be.

    Case in point, Ben Sasse. Traditional Republican who is well spoken and is nominally anti-Trump; he was the fussy Never Trump politician. Yet he still votes with the President 87 percent of the time and has supported all his major initiatives. The R after his name tells me more about what he actually does than anything else.
    I don't know why people like Brent, who claim to be paying attention, cannot see this. It is absolutely true in 2018 and has been for quite a few years now. It was not true in the 1970s or earlier and that was especially evident depending on where you lived. But in 2018 if you are a republican, you have made a deal with the devil to get elected or re-elected.

  6. #966
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,399

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I don't choose sides, I choose people. I don't care if they are (R), (D), (I), etc. I care what the individual wants to do. This sounds odd, but I almost wish that party designations were not listed on the ballots. Force people to look at the candidate themselves, instead of party. The infamous James Traficant (sp?) said he only was a D because that was the only party that would take him. They didn't really like him, but hey.
    Donald Trump said he wanted to do a lot of really good things. On the side of the working man. Would stay in the WH working all the time, and not out golfing like that lazy nigga. His tax cuts weren't going to benefit him. Etc, etc., etc.


    You can't depend on what they say they want to do, cause, you know, they lie. Did you know Republicans want to keep coverage for pre-existing conditions, and don't want to end Obamacare? That's what all their candidates are saying right now. Sounds good, doesn't it? Too bad it's all a crock of ****. But gullible simps like you will fall for it every single time.


    You need to look at their record, and the party they represent, if you wanna know how they're going to govern, and what their priorities are.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  7. #967
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,680

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.




    Portrait of Trump Supporter
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  8. #968
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,979

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post



    Yeah...except the racist Trumpers doing this dont watch Bill Maher. God she is so stupid it is astounding.
    I wouldn't call her stupid. I'd say that she's stuck parroting the company line of "Deflect! Deflect! Deflect!"
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  9. #969
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    69,893

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    You should, because the party affiliation tells you 95% of what that person's policies and votes are going to be.

    Case in point, Ben Sasse. Traditional Republican who is well spoken and is nominally anti-Trump; he was the first Never Trump politician. Yet he still votes with the President 87 percent of the time and has supported all his major initiatives. The R after his name tells me more about what he actually does than anything else.
    Excellent example.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  10. #970
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,979

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    You should, because the party affiliation tells you 95% of what that person's policies and votes are going to be.

    Case in point, Ben Sasse. Traditional Republican who is well spoken and is nominally anti-Trump; he was the first Never Trump politician. Yet he still votes with the President 87 percent of the time and has supported all his major initiatives. The R after his name tells me more about what he actually does than anything else.
    Nothing good can come from a man named Ben.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  11. #971
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Donald Trump said he wanted to do a lot of really good things. On the side of the working man. Would stay in the WH working all the time, and not out golfing like that lazy nigga. His tax cuts weren't going to benefit him. Etc, etc., etc.


    You can't depend on what they say they want to do, cause, you know, they lie. Did you know Republicans want to keep coverage for pre-existing conditions, and don't want to end Obamacare? That's what all their candidates are saying right now. Sounds good, doesn't it? Too bad it's all a crock of ****. But gullible simps like you will fall for it every single time.


    You need to look at their record, and the party they represent, if you wanna know how they're going to govern, and what their priorities are.
    I didn't fall for it, if you have been paying attention, which you haven't been.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #972
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    You should, because the party affiliation tells you 95% of what that person's policies and votes are going to be.

    Case in point, Ben Sasse. Traditional Republican who is well spoken and is nominally anti-Trump; he was the first Never Trump politician. Yet he still votes with the President 87 percent of the time and has supported all his major initiatives. The R after his name tells me more about what he actually does than anything else.
    I'll repeat an earlier post- this is the FIRST election where I'm voting straight D, aka anti R, for the entire ballot without even looking at what they say. Because they all support dumpy and his bs so that they can get their way. Sold their soul. There have been many tipping points- the R reaction to Charlotte. The R reaction to family separation. The R "fear" of 4000 people who are trying to escape horrible conditions. The R reaction to both Kim and Putin. The R reaction to the total loss of security around this moron. The R reaction to the assault on the First Amendment (attacking media, attacking free speech of foes, attacking anyone non Christian), I can go on, but it's been a universal siding with dumpy for things that they used to hate very, very, very much. At least that is what they tried to convince me of- no more buying that line.

    (as an aside, this is also the first time that anyone claiming that their business experience is a good thing is also an automatic no vote for you. We've been through this enough times to clearly see that any money or business experience is more of a hindrance than a help)

  13. #973
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I didn't fall for it, if you have been paying attention, which you haven't been.
    So then answer the question- why did you feel the need to defend him? You do that so many times, yet you claim you don't.

    Given how many times you spin around, I wonder how you stand up and are not dizzy.

  14. #974
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,399

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I didn't fall for it, if you have been paying attention, which you haven't been.
    So you say. What you post here says differently.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  15. #975
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    So then answer the question- why did you feel the need to defend him? You do that so many times, yet you claim you don't.

    Given how many times you spin around, I wonder how you stand up and are not dizzy.
    When have I defended Trump? I've said, in the bomber case, that we should blame the bomber, that Trump shouldn't be blamed. That doesn't excuse Trump's speech or rhetoric. There *is* a difference between those two thoughts.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  16. #976
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,399

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    When have I defended Trump? I've said, in the bomber case, that we should blame the bomber, that Trump shouldn't be blamed. That doesn't excuse Trump's speech or rhetoric. There *is* a difference between those two thoughts.
    So Trump bears no responsibility for the things he says? Nothing. Cause they're just words.


    He bears no responsibility to actually deal with facts as they are, and not just make **** up? That's up for everyone else to decide? That's the position from "the center"?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  17. #977
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,336

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    So Trump bears no responsibility for the things he says? Nothing. Cause they're just words.


    He bears no responsibility to actually deal with facts as they are, and not just make **** up? That's up for everyone else to decide? That's the position from "the center"?
    His stances should be condemned, and they are being condemned by a lot of people, rightfully so. However, they are just words. The bomber took it upon himself to actually take action. That's on the bomber. Take responsibility for one's own action. Don't blame anyone else for what one does.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  18. #978
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    21,399

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    So Trump can say, over and over, that the media is the enemy of the people; people protesting, punch them, and I'll pay your legal fees; the Democrats are your enemy and must be stopped at all costs; and finally, when someone takes him at his word, and acts upon it, he bears no responsibility?


    So the man who shot up the synagogue, because he believed that Jews were financing a caravan of terrorists marching on our borders to kill all of us, where do you suppose he got such an outlandish idea from? And the person or persons propagating that false story bear no responsibility for his ensuing actions?


    So the man who cries "FIRE" in the crowded theater, isn't responsible for causing the mayhem that ensues thereafter?


    This is why you aren't condemned for not being a partisan. This is why you're condemned for just being stupid.
    Last edited by rufus; 10-29-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  19. #979
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    His stances should be condemned, and they are being condemned by a lot of people, rightfully so. However, they are just words. The bomber took it upon himself to actually take action. That's on the bomber. Take responsibility for one's own action. Don't blame anyone else for what one does.
    Uh no and even legal scholars would disagree with this nonsense take.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    So Trump can say, over and over, that the media is the enemy of the people; people protesting, punch them, and I'll pay your legal fees; the Democrats are your enemy and must be stopped at all costs; and finally, when someone takes him at his word, and acts upon it, he bears no responsibility?


    So the man who shot up the synagogue, because he believed that Jews were financing a caravan of terrorists marching on our borders to kill all of us, where do you suppose he got such an outlandish idea from? And the person or persons propagating that false story bear no responsibility for his ensuing actions?


    So the man who cries "FIRE" in the crowded theater, isn't responsible for causing the mayhem that ensues thereafter?


    This is why you aren't condemned for not being a partisan. This is why you're condemned for just being stupid.
    This is a good explanation and I applaud you for having the patience to argue with Flaggy lite.

  20. #980
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,233

    Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

    I mean if we’re being technical Charles Manson never actually murdered anyone either

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •