Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's classic voter suppression and it's been a strategy of the GOP for a while. Power begets power.
    There are a lot of fvcked up people in this country and a lot of them vote. But the true reason the GOP has a hold on power in so many states, and I believe the true reason trump won in a couple of states that were tossups is because of one thing: voter suppression. It's real. It's evil. And it works. I have been telling people this for years now. People are trying to suppress your vote. If you are poor, or a person of color, you may have to work a lot harder than I do to vote. It sucks. It's not fair. But it is reality for the time being. So if you have to work harder than me to vote, please do. I'm trying to do things in my job to change the system, getting people to support better laws, eliminate at least some of the gerrymandering, but it's like trying to empty the ocean with a measuring cup. Please make sure, in those states where you can still register, that you are properly signed up. And please use a paper ballot, so vote by mail if that is what you need to do so ensure a paper ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      There are a lot of fvcked up people in this country and a lot of them vote. But the true reason the GOP has a hold on power in so many states, and I believe the true reason trump won in a couple of states that were tossups is because of one thing: voter suppression. It's real. It's evil. And it works. I have been telling people this for years now. People are trying to suppress your vote. If you are poor, or a person of color, you may have to work a lot harder than I do to vote. It sucks. It's not fair. But it is reality for the time being. So if you have to work harder than me to vote, please do. I'm trying to do things in my job to change the system, getting people to support better laws, eliminate at least some of the gerrymandering, but it's like trying to empty the ocean with a measuring cup. Please make sure, in those states where you can still register, that you are properly signed up. And please use a paper ballot, so vote by mail if that is what you need to do so ensure a paper ballot.
      I agree but certain privileged people on here will just chalk it up to laziness.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        I agree but certain privileged people on here will just chalk it up to laziness.
        It's the centrist position to need an ID and that people are lazy.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if Mueller has anything. And if he doesn't have anything what it does to the Democratic Party and the country.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The state government says that residents without a street ID should contact their county's 911 coordinator to sign up for a free street address and request a letter confirming that address.

Yeah that sounds like a nice efficient way to solve this problem. How many Natives live in NoDak these days?

About 40k Native Americans in ND of which about 25k are on one of five Reservations. (Which is what is being talked about.) So probably around 18-20k of voting age NA's on Reservations in the state.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Mueller has anything. And if he doesn't have anything what it does to the Democratic Party and the country.
              Why is he asking us? He knows he's, like, the boss of the DoJ's boss and can ask them, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Why is he asking us? He knows he's, like, the boss of the DoJ's boss and can ask them, right?
                Answering the form of a question. You should be on Jeopardy!.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  You're right. The only way to get these people out of power is to vote. If that means jumping through some extra hoops in order to obtain the power to make the laws that eliminate the extra hoops, then that's what you need to do. There's other ways to get rid of gerrymandering. State based lawsuits (PA) or citizens initiatives (FL, MI) for example. Yes it takes extra work but the payoff is there at the end of the day.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Comment

More on Trump and his deep money ties to Saudi Arabia. You know, the ties he said didn't exist on Twitter this morning.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-a...eUhq9EiE6URxIQ

"The Saudis are funneling money to him," said former federal ethics chief Walter Shaub, who is advising a watchdog group suing the president for foreign government ties to his business. That undermines "confidence that he's going to do the right thing when it comes to Khashoggi."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Is there any evidence of voter fraud in North Dakota? And I mean real voter fraud, where people actively broke the law to vote. (not what Faux calls voter fraud) If not, why even put this stupid law into place?

That is why, while your explanation is well thought out and probably true, it is completely naive and/or disingenuous. If anyone actually believed North Dakota was putting this law in place because of the problems that can arise from PO Box addresses we might be inclined to believe you. The problem is since this, as usual, is wrapped in the veil of "preventing wide spread voter fraud" even though no credible evidence has been put forth to prove such fraud exists we all know the real reason behind it. Unless you think it is just a coincidence that one party seems to do this in a bunch of states and it always seems to disproportionally block certain groups from voting who just so happen to be people who dont vote for said party.

See if North Dakota was truly doing this "for the integrity of the system" as they imply with their BS rhetoric about voter fraud, they would have also figured out a way to still get the Reservation Citizens an acceptable ID. It shouldnt be that hard to figure out a way to make it work. They didnt do that, because they dont actually care whether these people vote or not. Well that isnt true, they certainly would rather they didnt vote...but you get my point.

Now I know you are going to post some well thought out and probably very true statement as it pertains to you. I am not accusing you of being like the NDGOP. You probably do have legit reasons why this is needed and I will accept them. In ding so though I ask you to acknowledge that your reasoning is not why the laws were put in place and everyone knows it.

FYI according to heritage.org there has been 3 verifiable cases of voter fraud.

edit: There is a way to get an address:

The state government says that residents without a street ID should contact their county's 911 coordinator to sign up for a free street address and request a letter confirming that address.

Yeah that sounds like a nice efficient way to solve this problem. How many Natives live in NoDak these days?
                        I'm not sure if I'm the "you" or "your" in this post, but since I'm originally from North Dakota and I did post on the subject earlier, I'll assume I am.

With respect to voter fraud in North Dakota, I doubt there is any going on. Candidly, pretty much everyone knows everyone in that state. That's what happens when you live in an area where there aren't any people. Certainly within the rural communities of North Dakota it would be almost impossible to commit voter fraud.

As for the purpose behind the statute, I cannot accurately speak. I simply don't know the motives of the sponsor of the bill or why individual representatives voted for it. Undoubtedly certain elected officials saw this as an opportunity to possibly limit voting by persons they perceive to be on the opposite side politically. Other representatives may have been convinced of the threat of voter fraud, even in the absence of any actual evidence of it. Still others maybe just thought that requiring an actual residence on the registration as opposed to a post office box makes good common sense.

A friend of mine holds a leadership role in the North Dakota Senate. If I happen to see him, and still remember this issue, I might ask him about it.

I will say this. I worked for Earl Strinden decades ago, back when he was the House Majority Leader in the North Dakota Legislature, and certainly the most powerful politician in the state legislature at that time. During my time there, every piece of legislation that was either passed or rejected was discussed around his desk with me sitting there in the background observing. Trust me, you do not want to see the sausage getting made.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It's the centrist position to need an ID and that people are lazy.
                          Wht do youth not vote?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            As for the purpose behind the statute, I cannot accurately speak. I simply don't know the motives of the sponsor of the bill or why individual representatives voted for it. Undoubtedly certain elected officials saw this as an opportunity to possibly limit voting by persons they perceive to be on the opposite side politically. Other representatives may have been convinced of the threat of voter fraud, even in the absence of any actual evidence of it. Still others maybe just thought that requiring an actual residence on the registration as opposed to a post office box makes good common sense.
                            I think you have a future in used car sales

Comment

You all realize that the President of the United States called a women citizen a "horseface" on Twitter.

The new normal.

And, not only that but he slept with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                You all realize that the President of the United States called a women citizen a "horseface" on Twitter.

The new normal.

And, not only that but he slept with her.
                                Believe he just banged her.

Lights may have been off
                                And he may have done her doggie or reverse cowgirl
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X