Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    As reported Monday, this year has seen a spending increase of 3% (thanks GOP).

Corporations paid 22% less in taxes (thanks GOP), but that was made up by individual income tax payments - that is individual income taxes completely made up for the 22% corporate shortfall. In other words, the tax law - was actually a major tax increase law (thanks GOP).

Meanwhile, the deficit is exploding 17% (thanks GOP) to its highest level since we had no government revenue in the great recession (a recession which was also thanks to the GOP).

Any conservatives want to chime on your huge income tax hike on the American people - and exploding debt?
    All as planned. They won't lose a single vote.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Selling arms to them isnt a financial interest?
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Selling arms to them isnt a financial interest?
            Not personal, no.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Didn't he say he had investments there during a speech?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Tax returns if you want us to believe you.

Though I'm sure he has a nice collection of shells to hide his peas.

Comment

North Dakota's Native American population put Heitkamp over the top to win last time. The North Dakota GOP is now stopping them from voting.

The North Dakota GOP have instituted a law that made illegal any voter ID that uses a PO box. Most NA reservations do not have street addresses. The population living there can only get mail by PO Box and the law affects NAs at twice the rate of the overall population.

The courts overturned the law. So the North Dakota legislature said that you can use a provisional ballot if you don't have a street address on your ID. But the provisional ballot will never be counted unless you can later show a street address on your ID - so its really the same. This time the courts let it go.

Anyone from North Dakota want to chime in on this one?
                  First, I don't think North Dakota is the only state that has had to deal with the issue of requiring a physical address versus a post office box address. I know in Minnesota you need a physical address, although you can list a PO Box address as well if that's where you want your mail. The physical address is important because it identifies what ward or precinct or district or whatever you are eligible to vote in. In fact, I recall a dispute in Minnesota from a few years ago where people were using a mail center or UPS office or something as their "address" on voter registrations and Minnesota cracked down on it.

As for the specific North Dakota case, I guess my primary criticism would have to do with the 8th Circuit and US Supreme Court decisions as applied to this election. The District Court set aside the law as unconstitutional. The 8th Circuit or the Supremes have every right to disagree with and reverse that decision. However, I don't think that it's ideal to do so after early voting has already started. But that's part of the problem with our endless election cycle. When we modify the voting rules to basically let people vote over an extended cycle of time, sometimes the work of the Courts is going to change the rules mid-stream.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

North Dakota's Native American population put Heitkamp over the top to win last time. The North Dakota GOP is now stopping them from voting.

The North Dakota GOP have instituted a law that made illegal any voter ID that uses a PO box. Most NA reservations do not have street addresses. The population living there can only get mail by PO Box and the law affects NAs at twice the rate of the overall population.

The courts overturned the law. So the North Dakota legislature said that you can use a provisional ballot if you don't have a street address on your ID. But the provisional ballot will never be counted unless you can later show a street address on your ID - so its really the same. This time the courts let it go.

Anyone from North Dakota want to chime in on this one?
                    whyn't the injuns allowed to list "reservation" on their applications? what do they use for their drivers licenses? (or don't they list address on driver's licenses in south canada dakota?)
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Is there any evidence of voter fraud in North Dakota? And I mean real voter fraud, where people actively broke the law to vote. (not what Faux calls voter fraud) If not, why even put this stupid law into place?

That is why, while your explanation is well thought out and probably true, it is completely naive and/or disingenuous. If anyone actually believed North Dakota was putting this law in place because of the problems that can arise from PO Box addresses we might be inclined to believe you. The problem is since this, as usual, is wrapped in the veil of "preventing wide spread voter fraud" even though no credible evidence has been put forth to prove such fraud exists we all know the real reason behind it. Unless you think it is just a coincidence that one party seems to do this in a bunch of states and it always seems to disproportionally block certain groups from voting who just so happen to be people who dont vote for said party.

See if North Dakota was truly doing this "for the integrity of the system" as they imply with their BS rhetoric about voter fraud, they would have also figured out a way to still get the Reservation Citizens an acceptable ID. It shouldnt be that hard to figure out a way to make it work. They didnt do that, because they dont actually care whether these people vote or not. Well that isnt true, they certainly would rather they didnt vote...but you get my point.

Now I know you are going to post some well thought out and probably very true statement as it pertains to you. I am not accusing you of being like the NDGOP. You probably do have legit reasons why this is needed and I will accept them. In ding so though I ask you to acknowledge that your reasoning is not why the laws were put in place and everyone knows it.

FYI according to heritage.org there has been 3 verifiable cases of voter fraud.

edit: There is a way to get an address:

The state government says that residents without a street ID should contact their county's 911 coordinator to sign up for a free street address and request a letter confirming that address.

Yeah that sounds like a nice efficient way to solve this problem. How many Natives live in NoDak these days?
                      Last edited by Handyman; 10-16-2018, 09:17 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Is there any evidence of voter fraud in North Dakota? And I mean real voter fraud, where people actively broke the law to vote. (not what Faux calls voter fraud) If not, why even put this stupid law into place?

That is why, while your explanation is well thought out and probably true, it is completely naive and/or disingenuous. If anyone actually believed North Dakota was putting this law in place because of the problems that can arise from PO Box addresses we might be inclined to believe you. The problem is since this, as usual, is wrapped in the veil of "preventing wide spread voter fraud" even though no credible evidence has been put forth to prove such fraud exists we all know the real reason behind it. Unless you think it is just a coincidence that one party seems to do this in a bunch of states and it always seems to disproportionally block certain groups from voting who just so happen to be people who dont vote for said party.

See if North Dakota was truly doing this "for the integrity of the system" as they imply with their BS rhetoric about voter fraud, they would have also figured out a way to still get the Reservation Citizens an acceptable ID. It shouldnt be that hard to figure out a way to make it work. They didnt do that, because they dont actually care whether these people vote or not. Well that isnt true, they certainly would rather they didnt vote...but you get my point.

Now I know you are going to post some well thought out and probably very true statement as it pertains to you. I am not accusing you of being like the NDGOP. You probably do have legit reasons why this is needed and I will accept them. In ding so though I ask you to acknowledge that your reasoning is not why the laws were put in place and everyone knows it.

FYI according to heritage.org there has been 3 verifiable cases of voter fraud.

edit: There is a way to get an address:

The state government says that residents without a street ID should contact their county's 911 coordinator to sign up for a free street address and request a letter confirming that address.

Yeah that sounds like a nice efficient way to solve this problem.
                        It's because they are trying to ensure that only white people can vote. It's pretty obvious. This is just a tactic like requiring a driver's license. On its face it seems not terribly onerous. But to anyone who can engage more than one brain cell at a time, it clearly disproportionately affects minorities. Pretty much everything the GOP does now with regards to the vote is a racist attempt at disenfranchising voters.

At this point they should have a VRA for republican voting measures. First you have to prove your bill doesn't disproportionately impact minorities.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              I don't like the idea that if I work my butt off to get more money, all of a sudden I have to pay a bigger % because I can afford to. That doesn't sit well with me. In my eyes, it actually encourages me to make juuuuusssst enough to not jump to the next tax bracket, or to find write-offs and loopholes to pay less taxes.
                              Brent it is a myth that the very wealthy are the ones who work their butts off to earn that money.

This is where I think professional athletes are actually some of the most deserving people in the world of the $$$ they earn in our economic system. Most came from modest means (some were well off, some were dirt poor but I have yet to see someone from a Gates or Allen or Buffet family in the ranks of MLB, the NFL or the NHL) and truly work harder than anyone most of us will ever meet to be able to sign that $50,000,000 contract.

The truth is the VAST majority of the fabulously wealthy INHERITED their money and did nothing at all to earn it. I'm not saying they don't work hard, many do. But the idea that they busted their butt more than you or I did or do is a myth. It is a lie. It is a fable. They'd be rich whether they worked hard, or worked not at all. Most poor people I know actually work harder than I do, often at two or three jobs, so their kids always have food, and a roof overhead and the lights are turned on. Granted, they pay little or no income tax, but are harmed by sales and use tax so that kind of evens out. I have no idea how old you are but I am sure of one thing: You will never work your way into a significantly higher tax bracket. I don't care if you work 60 hours a week (and are overtime eligible, unlike me) for the next 10 years. The only way it will happen is if you win one of those giant lotteries.

If most people really and truly did WORK their way to the billions of dollars each of the 1% control, I could at least understand the idea of flat taxes and other such nonsense. It just isn't true.

Comment

So much for helping out the coal miners!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X