Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

I guess their internal polling shows their current message isn't working, so they needed to make an "other" to get the deplorables ramped up. They could have also offered free cousins for them to **** but at some point I guess the would run out of people there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I did hear one good number on Meet the Press today. Apparently in 2016 those that were polled that were sick of both Parties favored Donald Trump. This time they favor Democrats. Not sure if I believe it but we'll see.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        I guess their internal polling shows their current message isn't working, so they needed to make an "other" to get the deplorables ramped up. They could have also offered free cousins for them to **** but at some point I guess the would run out of people there.
        When Trumpies ask what I'm resisting, I just say this.

And yes, I'm angry. The administration is saying I don't have a right to exist.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...335984129?s=19
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't think it is just abortion. Many of these people also vote on the guns and gays issues. And while I accept that is is a blanket statement and there is some inherent unfairness in that, I believe that a portion of the white, evangelical right also is home to a ton of white supremacy. If we don't stop trump my guess is the next supreme court justice he gets will be someone on some federal court who has a very shoddy record on voting rights. Hint to African American voters, you better not stay home in the midterms or decide you don't need to support another old white dude or woman in 2020.

Comment

You’re telling African American voters not to stay home? The bigger issue may be them being denied the right to vote in key states.

I’m sure one of our resident Rs can explain why they scream about voter fraud and yet don’t care about suppression.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                You’re telling African American voters not to stay home? The bigger issue may be them being denied the right to vote in key states.

I’m sure one of our resident Rs can explain why they scream about voter fraud and yet don’t care about suppression.
                There is a slightly larger gap in the level of turnout between presidential elections and midterms for African American voters and white voters. In 2010 the figures were 21 and 23 percentage points compared to the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections for black voters compared to 18 and 16 percentage points for white voters.

It's also estimated in Michigan that 75,000 black voters who voted for Obama in 2012 did not bother going to the polls in 2016. It is certainly reasonable to assume virtually all would have voted for Clinton if they bothered to vote. trump won Michigan by about 10,000 votes.

Believe me, I am more than aware voter suppression exists and is a real issue. But the fascists haven't quite won. Enough people won't be disenfranchised in 2018 to keep sanity from winning if people make the effort to vote. Anyone counting on middle aged, middle class white guys like me saving the day is going to be sorely disappointed, because we ain't doing it. It will be up to other demographics to come to our rescue.

Comment

How may hours til flaggy posts about how the migrant caravan in Mexico is coming to vote illegally for the dems?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    How may hours til flaggy posts about how the migrant caravan in Mexico is coming to vote illegally for the dems?
                    I like people saying how they're sneaking in.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I did hear one good number on Meet the Press today. Apparently in 2016 those that were polled that were sick of both Parties favored Donald Trump. This time they favor Democrats. Not sure if I believe it but we'll see.
                      That would make sense. In "Accidental Courtesy," a doc on Daryl Davis (a black man) who befriends KKK members to work out differences, there were a couple black youths that were asked about Trump. They flat out said they supported Trump in the election because they know what poison Hill brings, it's the same old thing that both parties (as far as politics) brought. They supported Trump because at least there was a chance things could change for the better (obviously, that didn't work).

Use the same reasoning here. Everyone now has seen what Trump brings, so if the Dems bring someone new-ish in...the voters are more apt to take a chance on them.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        They supported Trump because at least there was a chance things could change for the better (obviously, that didn't work).
                        They supported trump because they didn’t have brains.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          DGF, people tell me I "chose to be trans."
                          Next time ask them how old they were when they chose to be straight and how do they know they chose correctly. Clearly they can identify with the concept of wanting someone else's pen1s up close and personal otherwise how would they know?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            To paraphrase an old saying, they chose the devil they didn't know.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ou%20don't
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It's easy for you and I, the privileged, white, and college-educated, to say that they didn't think too critically about it. If we were black, and the centrist, corporate Dems like Clinton, Bloomberg, Lieberman, Durbin, Pelosi, etc. clearly hadn't done much to lift our prospects in the ~40 years since the parties switched positions on race, perhaps we'd be throwing caution into the wind for once, too.

Don't forget, Bill supported "Three strikes", and other such laws.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Don't forget, Bill supported "Three strikes", and other such laws.
                                That's a big one. It was good in principle, but it backfired massively.

Comment

Working...
                                X