Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.42: Who Needs Tax Increases? If You're Rich Just Write A Check.

Originally posted by burd View Post
    This may may be mincing words, but I think you are right in saying the NDA would not be described as illegal, whereas the failure to report might be. With regard to the NDA, the question is whether it is enforceable.
    If Stormy cashed the $130,000 check, I think it's very likely that Trump's missing signature is irrelevant on this type of contract, as she proceeded as though the NDA contract was indeed valid.

Cohen sought, and a California arbiter issued, a restraining order on Daniels pursuant to a clause in the NDA that required disputes to be settled by confidential arbitration. Avenatti contends that the restraining order is invalid, because the contract is invalid, because Trump didn't sign it. (which is by no means a certain argument.) And in fact the very lawsuit Daniels/Avenatti filed to invalidate the NDA, breaks the restraining order as it discloses details of Daniels alleged relationship with Trump. As do Daniels statements and her book, obviously.

A very possible outcome of Daniel's lawsuit over the NDA is that the court finds Trump's signature unnecessary, and send the dispute to confidential arbitration. Which would be bad for Daniels. However, as Trump is President, Avenetti is betting that Trump doesn't want to sue Daniels for the million dollars per incidence of violation the NDA calls for in open court, as politically it is bad press, even for Trump. So if Trump never sues to enforce it, does it really exist? The validity of the NDA itself is complicated, but I'm by no means convinced Daniels and Avenetti are going to win their case. It's certainly not the slam dunk Avenatti is portraying it to be in the press.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I'm starting a pool. On what day do you think the Trump administration will change its story to "Khashoggi deserved it"? I say a week from today.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Monday
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Friday. Always a big news day for these clowns.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

... Jared Kushner has communicated with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on private channels such as WhatsApp.
            Do we know what was communicated?

I'm hoping it was a heartfelt "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot dude!" but I'm ready to be completely disappointed.

If it was classified information that's a whole other matter. Then it's "Buh-bye Kushy."
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-18-2018, 01:57 PM.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

OK, not trying to be a < bleep > here but I've been literally under a machine for days so I'm trying to catch up.

Why's the media so wound up about a Saudi citizen being killed by Saudis on Saudi dirt (that happens to be an embassy in Turkey but as an embassy it's still Saudi dirt). The Sauds kill their own all the time and at alarming rates. Saudis gonna Saud.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                OK, not trying to be a < bleep > here but I've been literally under a machine for days so I'm trying to catch up.

Why's the media so wound up about a Saudi citizen being killed by Saudis on Saudi dirt (that happens to be an embassy in Turkey but as an embassy it's still Saudi dirt). The Sauds kill their own all the time and at alarming rates. Saudis gonna Saud.
                Thank you, Dr. Trump.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scoob, I know you're seldom serious, but I am: Who was that guy? Why the uproar? I'd never heard the name before and coming late to the story I don't get the full background from the current reports.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Do we know what was communicated?

I'm hoping it was a heartfelt "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot dude!" but I'm ready to be completely disappointed.

If it was classified information that's a whole other matter. Then it's "Buh-bye Kushy."
                    Still carrying water for Trump and Co. and won't take the time to search Google, eh?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Scoob, I know you're seldom serious, but I am: Who was that guy? Why the uproar? I'd never heard the name before and coming late to the story I don't get the full background from the current reports.
                      He's written for the Washington Post. Is considered a colleague by other reporters. And, lives in the United States.

Comment

I know you can read so I'll try again: I've been out of the news loop since Sunday. And stories out there on the Saudi guy are real-time with limited background info.

Based on aparch's link, Kush didn't tip anyone off by social media; he did it in person. That's not just a "Buh-bye Kushy" level offense, but a "meet jail" offense if he did it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I know you can read so I'll try again: I've been out of the news loop since Sunday. And stories out there on the Saudi guy are real-time with limited background info.

Based on aparch's link, Kush didn't tip anyone off by social media; he did it in person. That's not just a "Buh-bye Kushy" level offense, but a "meet jail" offense if he did it.
                          He's not going to jail. Clinton is.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

So, you're cool with the torture and death of someone because his government didn't like what he said?

'Wasn't me, so who gives a sh**?'

That's what I read from you.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              He's written for the Washington Post. Is considered a colleague by other reporters. And, lives in the United States.
                              And apparently had 'urinated in the breakfast cereal' of this Prince (he sounds like a real prince) Salmon guy.

Why the < bleep > would you willingly walk into that embassy knowing the monarchy of a ruthless group like the Sauds had it in for you.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                So, you're cool with the torture and death of someone because his government didn't like what he said?

'Wasn't me, so who gives a sh**?'

That's what I read from you.
                                It's not cool, but it's sadly SOP for the Sauds.
                                I'd call it surprising behavior from the Saudis, but it's not.

And yet we (we as in Trump and Obama and all those before) try to be nice-nice with them.
                                I say screw the Sauds and OPEC and pump our own (Bakken, Eagle Ford) oil until we have better options.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X