Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    We made 2 trips to Huntsville and loved it both times. Very friendly historic town with yummy seafood, historic mansions (Sherman didn't get this one), a nice arena connected to hotel. Seats were behind our bench. bought friends the 2nd time and they loved it too. Great rocket museum. If circumstances had been different I would have done a Houghton-Madison-Huntville-Tucson trip. But saving up those airline line miles for the playoffs!!
    When folks come again, I can try to do something of a NASA tour for us.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      When folks come again, I can try to do something of a NASA tour for us.

GFM
      That might be the time I check Huntsville off the bucket list. With or without Mrs. W! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going to tell you something that not even our illustrious staff knows, and I have this on VERY good authority. An eyewitness in fact, to the deed. During his career, Gump Worsley wore double runners. it's true. He did. No one complained and his GAA was quite good having played so many years for the Habs. So I heartily recommend that the coach require all our goaltenders, both now and in the future, to shed the skates they have and get some new, more proper ones to wear.. It's bound to help.
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I am going to tell you something that not even our illustrious staff knows, and I have this on VERY good authority. An eyewitness in fact, to the deed. During his career, Gump Worsley wore double runners. it's true. He did. No one complained and his GAA was quite good having played so many years for the Habs. So I heartily recommend that the coach require all our goaltenders, both now and in the future, to shed the skates they have and get some new, more proper ones to wear.. It's bound to help.
          Nor did Gump wear a mask. Let's go all the way with it.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            oh yeah and GO TECH!! Let's bring home 4 points!
            I'm hoping for 6 points this weekend. (Newer point scoring system, 3 points for a regulation win.)

Comment

Go Huskies!

Comment

closer than it should have been and it got rather sloppy, but we'll take the three points.

Comment

Can't let off the gas in the third. Especially when you couldn't bury much of anything in the first two periods.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Flying here is tough. I'm guessing they'll bus to Green Bay and fly to Atlanta ... and then bus another four hours here. I hate the low frequency of flights into our airport.

I'm hoping that the Southern hospitality isn't very hospitable, but ... I don't have high hopes.

GFM
                    We’re flying into Nashville this year. Birmingham last year. He’re one for you...a couple years ago, it was cheaper for me to fly into Huntsville and spend the night at the Embassy, then take the Greyhound down to BHam in the morning then fly out of Birmingham the day after the Bama game, than to just fly round trip from Marquette to Birmingham.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      We’re flying into Nashville this year. Birmingham last year. He’re one for you...a couple years ago, it was cheaper for me to fly into Huntsville and spend the night at the Embassy, then take the Greyhound down to BHam in the morning then fly out of Birmingham the day after the Bama game, than to just fly round trip from Marquette to Birmingham.
                      That's worse than the time that Delta sent me MQT-DTW-BNA + 2-hour layover - MEM - +2 hr layover - HSV. I could've picked up a car at BNA and been home two hours faster.

This story is more fun for me than this series has been.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                        That's worse than the time that Delta sent me MQT-DTW-BNA + 2-hour layover - MEM - +2 hr layover - HSV. I could've picked up a car at BNA and been home two hours faster.

This story is more fun for me than this series has been.

GFM
                        Reminds me of my last trip to Huntsville. My flight home was to be Huntsville-Memphis-Minneapolis-Brainerd. My flight out of Huntsville got delayed, so it went Huntsville-Memphis-Cincy-Chicago-Minneapolis-Brainerd. Ugh.
                        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Does anyone else have problems trying to watch the archived games on the flohockey webpage? It seems like half the time it lists a Huskies game, there is no video link to click on. Last nights game for example....

Comment

I filed a complaint yesterday morning when I CV ouldnt see Friday's game. The reply was that they can take 24-48 hours to make the archive available.

To me that seems a lot longer than it should take. But I'm not a video guy.

Comment

Interestingly, I was able to watch the replay of Friday's game about 5 hours after it ended....

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                                Interestingly, I was able to watch the replay of Friday's game about 5 hours after it ended....
                                That makes no sense. They must be blocking me! [emoji6]

Comment

Working...
                                X