Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
      Sounds familiar.

And look at that Desert Classic lineup. Tough draw for Clarkson

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds a lot like the Ferris series. Two young teams.

I'm thinking a split with two close games.

Comment

A split with two close games is a good bet. Unless Tech can close them out like they did against FSU.

I'd like to see them bring a 6-game winning streak back home next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Games are on ESPN+.

MTU leads series 2-1

Last time we played: 1970 CCT win in National Semifinals (only win in series and our last Frozen Four win).

Last MTU win: 4-3 OT in Potsdam 11/1966.

Enjoy the trip!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              Getting ready to head out on Thursday for the Clarkson trip. I'm excited to see another new college hockey town/facility. Tech really needs to come away with two wins this weekend. Being 7-3 after the first 10 games would be a big success for the Huskies in my opinion. Duluth looks to be for real, so to have two of our loses to them on the first weekend of the season with all the new players on this roster... I'll give Tech a pass on those games.

Clarkson sits at 0.500 with a 4-4 record. They beat WI at home 4-2 and also have wins over Holy Cross, Canisius and a single conference win vs RPI. However much like the Huskies they don't really have any quality wins on their resume yet this season. It would be nice for Tech to at least have a 0.500 non-conference record heading into GLI.

Well in the mean time, enjoy the first place WCHA Michigan Tech Huskies, and not because we have games in hand or some other technicality. Four games, four wins, 12 pts? (I still dislike three point games).

Ryan
              Ryan

Due to Cheel Center construction, parking may be limited. Advice is to get there early or park at the Pine Street Arena (site of my 1st and only hat trick) and take the shuttle bus.

A very good pre game meal is available at Cheel upstairs in the Barben rooms. If you're lucky, you'll see Steve Warr who played for CCT the last time we met.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Thanks for the info. I admit that I had to look up "CCT" and add another factoid to my brain. Google tells me: Clarkson College of Technology (now Clarkson University; Potsdam, NY). Never knew that before.

But I do already know it is going to be a great trip because I already struck a jersey trade with a fellow collector in the area for a Clarkson jersey. Yes! Now if I can just survive winter storm Avery in my low cost, no weight, no ground clearance, no HP, eco-box rental car... all will be good. Very cool to learn that after this weekend, I'll have seen 40% of all Knights vs Huskies games ever played!

Ryan
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Thanks for the info. I admit that I had to look up "CCT" and add another factoid to my brain. Google tells me: Clarkson College of Technology (now Clarkson University; Potsdam, NY). Never knew that before.

But I do already know it is going to be a great trip because I already struck a jersey trade with a fellow collector in the area for a Clarkson jersey. Yes! Now if I can just survive winter storm Avery in my low cost, no weight, no ground clearance, no HP, eco-box rental car... all will be good. Very cool to learn that after this weekend, I'll have seen 40% of all Knights vs Huskies games ever played!

Ryan
                  Officially Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial College of Technology.

Did the band make the trip?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Games are on ESPN+.

MTU leads series 2-1

Last time we played: 1970 CCT win in National Semifinals (only win in series and our last Frozen Four win).

Last MTU win: 4-3 OT in Potsdam 11/1966.

Enjoy the trip!!
                    Preview from coach ... comments about TSCMCofT begin at 0:20
                    https://youtu.be/_Ea6X7wdqz8
                    Last edited by lawdoggies; 11-15-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Joe said in his show that Devin would play this weekend. I was guessing Robbie would travel. Anyone know / have thoughts about goaltending this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Officially Thomas S. Clarkson Memorial College of Technology.

Did the band make the trip?
                        Not that I know of because they usually don't travel other than playoffs / tourney games.
                        Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Tech is most likely still sorting out the goalie situation.

I thought pulling Jurusik on Saturday was warranted last weekend as it just seemed he was fighting it a bit. As a result, it sparked the team to get going.
                          However, no loss in confidence with him.

Conventional wisdom or Best guess would say Beydoun is the goto cleanup guy based on pitching shutouts, so can only anticipate Kero and Beydoun this weekend.

If each is getting a weekend to see "where we are at" it seems Beydoun is probably wondering when he gets his turn.

My gut is no one has grabbed it yet, we have 3 good ones, so it will continue to sort itself out. Other teams go with 2 on a weekend, maybe that becomes the norm who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                            Preview from coach ... comments about TSCMCofT begin at 0:20
                            https://youtu.be/_Ea6X7wdqz8
                            Listening to Joe about CCT you'd think that CCT already won the championship, ie they have size, they have speed, they have good coaching, they transition well........

Comment

I should have mentioned to Ryan that once you get off I-81 and get on Rt. 11 the scenery is dairy farm, dairy farm, dairy farm, town. Dairy farm, dairy farm, dairy farm, town.

Repeat until arrival.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We are not nearly at the level defensively to even compete within our league, we just played a walk-on goalie and could only score 3 goals. This is going to be a true test at home for this defense, I watched you guys at the regional last season and I love how you play the game, if Clarkson wins it'll be because of Kielly, if he's on he's a top 5-10 NCAA goalie.

If anyone is coming to the game as Joe mentioned there are a few decent options for meals right at Cheel, I think the buffet is 15.99, then there is subway, a pizza place, and then a burger/chicken fingers station, there might be more.

Buffet for Friday - Chipolte Orange Pork Loin, Mashed Sweet Potato, Spicy Eggplant, Jerk Chicken, Baby Carrots, Jalapeno Cheddar Soup, Salad Bar, Dessert Buffet

Buffet for Saturday - Roast Turkey Breast, Herb Stuffing, Mashed Redskins, Gravy, Green Beans, Butternut Ravioli, Butternut Bisque, Salad Bar, Desert Buffet

Things can change slightly but usually what is on the schedule is available, wishing you all safe travels and apologize that you're experiencing our first true snowfall of the year.
                                Last edited by techtodenver; 11-16-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X