Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Still upright

Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
    What he said^^^. Joe did say that he thought Kero played great and was let down by his team, It will be interesting to see if they can improve the compete level against Wisconsin with two weeks off...
    I'm not counting on it. I'm sure over the season they will get gradually better, but they have such a long way to go that it could be quite a while. I thought Kero was pretty good, especially in the first period.

I see we have a new recruit.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Badger Backer
    Quote Originally Posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    I was at the game so I didn't get to hear Joe's postgame comments yet. From my perspective, I don't pin this on Kero and don't think the goaltending rollercoaster should start after tonight. I have to believe the switch to Beydoun in the third was a message to the skaters not anything to do with Kero. I certainly don't think Kero played bad enough to lose his job nor do I think Beydoun's one period of mop-up duty in a 4-goal game where UMD coasted the final 20 minutes should be enough to say he earned the spot away from Kero. I don't know where Jurusik sat on Joe's depth chart before his injury, or when he will be back from it, but from what I saw tonight the team has a lot more to worry about before starting a goaltending controversy. Let's start with winning faceoffs, winning loose pucks, establishing sustained pressure on offence, getting our defence to stand someone up, covering open guys in the slot, not giving puck away 10 feet in front of your own net, just to name a few. It will be interesting to hear what they say on the Joe Show on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    When did Jurusik suffer an injury? And what type?

They will be fine, this is going to be like last year, except instead of problems with goaltending and issues in the room, we're legit dealing with youth.

stuck below the bridge

I would agree with the assessment of the games. There is not much I could add that wouldn't simply be piling on. I went up there expecting we would get swept, yet hoping for a split or at least a couple of solid games. This season will have a lot of growing pains. Too many new faces not to. Yet, I think it will get there in the end.

Go Huskies!!

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar

Shawhan mentioned at the luncheon that Tech is playing at Colgate next year and that Michigan is visiting for the 100th anniversary opener in two years. I believe he also said they are playing Notre Dame.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

stuck below the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Shawhan mentioned at the luncheon that Tech is playing at Colgate next year and that Michigan is visiting for the 100th anniversary opener in two years. I believe he also said they are playing Notre Dame.
    He also mentioned that a series with Minnesota was in the works, but when Motzko was hired they backed out...

Michigan Tech Fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    He also mentioned that a series with Minnesota was in the works, but when Motzko was hired they backed out...
    I guess he is still sore about getting shut out in the WCHA Championship. After a few years of losing to Penn State, he'll forget all about losing to Tech.
    Ryan
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Still upright

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I guess he is still sore about getting shut out in the WCHA Championship. After a few years of losing to Penn State, he'll forget all about losing to Tech.
    Ryan
    No I'd bet he wants a 2 for 1 now.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Any word from practice this past week?

Looks like Fridays game will have some TV Coverage, Fox Sports North Plus for those in Minnesota at least. We don't get much TV coverage these days, hopefully casual Alum fans can catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
    FTR, tMel said the same thing in 2014 (many MN fans were there for the tUMD/MTU series; we were cheering for MTU, btw). With MN wanting to play the other in-state schools, the remaining OOC games are a tough thing to schedule.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information