Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    did he say that about Halonen?maybe when they got him to commit but he was pretty **** talented in Hs so doubt he never had interest from others.
    I'm thinking of remarks Joe made like "Oh yeah we got this guy from Delano Minnesota too. He is a tough kid." It just gave me the impression he was a project and kind of added on for depth or something. Joe does have a way of understating things though. Just glad he's at Tech because he's already a stud. Very polite too. Perfect fit for Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
      I'm thinking of remarks Joe made like "Oh yeah we got this guy from Delano Minnesota too. He is a tough kid." It just gave me the impression he was a project and kind of added on for depth or something. Joe does have a way of understating things though. Just glad he's at Tech because he's already a stud. Very polite too. Perfect fit for Tech.
      you must have missed the JSHs over the summer where Joe repeatedly compared Halonen to Blake Pietila. The Blake Pietila that used to play here, not the Blake Pietila who will be playing for us next season...

And on that note both Blake Pietila and Jake Crespi have signed their NLIs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
        That's good recruiting news.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

you must have missed the JSHs over the summer where Joe repeatedly compared Halonen to Blake Pietila. The Blake Pietila that used to play here, not the Blake Pietila who will be playing for us next season...

I remember that comparison being made. I also remember not believing it at the time. So as you age and your memory begins to fail these are the little surprises in life that you can enjoy!

I was looking at a site I've never seen before. Neutralzone.net They have rankings of college recruiting classes. It appears they have this current crop at an NCAA rank of #13. They have us at #16, 29, and 30 for the next 3 classes. Next year they have us with 12 commits which is twice what THG has listed and doesn't make sense with the size of the current class. Whatever.

Glad Crespi is signed I know he was committed to a few different places already.

Comment

I remember that comparison being made. I also remember not believing it at the time. So as you age and your memory begins to fail these are the little surprises in life that you can enjoy!

I was looking at a site I've never seen before. Neutralzone.net They have rankings of college recruiting classes. It appears they have this current crop at an NCAA rank of #13. They have us at #16, 29, and 30 for the next 3 classes. Next year they have us with 12 commits which is twice what THG has listed and doesn't make sense with the size of the current class. Whatever.

Glad Crespi is signed I know he was committed to a few different places already.
            Have never seen the Nutralzone.net site before. I'll have to take a look. If they rank this year's class at 13th and next year's at 16th then I would say recruiting is going very well indeed. I think the next couple classes aren't finished yet, so still room for improvement.

Ok, I have to revise that. I know the site, I'm not going to pay to see it..
            Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 11-26-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Have never seen the Nutralzone.net site before. I'll have to take a look. If they rank this year's class at 13th and next year's at 16th then I would say recruiting is going very well indeed. I think the next couple classes aren't finished yet, so still room for improvement.

Ok, I have to revise that. I know the site, I'm not going to pay to see it..
              It was interesting to see the bigger programs stockpiling recruits. The further out you look the more you see the usual suspects at the top with a bunch of commits. As things shake out the smaller schools start moving up. Not surprising.

If you right click and view page source you can see the tables. You don't get the individual names of the recruits but it gives you an idea of who is doing well on the trail I suppose.

Comment

It was interesting to see the bigger programs stockpiling recruits. The further out you look the more you see the usual suspects at the top with a bunch of commits. As things shake out the smaller schools start moving up. Not surprising.

If you right click and view page source you can see the tables. You don't get the individual names of the recruits but it gives you an idea of who is doing well on the trail I suppose.
                https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1466169803

Yep, the usual suspects stockpiling players.

Comment

So now that I'm finally wrapping up the 2018 jersey order, its time to start making a push for 2019. I already have enough interest to order the cream, and hof black jerseys again and I'm also very close with being comfortable with ordering the golds and circle black jersey. If you want any of these colors and haven't submitted a form on the THG site, now is the time!

https://techhockeyguide.com/authentic-jerseys/
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                    Joe challenged him and the challenge was answered!

On another note- this freshmen class is good. I don't remember seeing a class this poised at this point in their first year. Halonen is a winner. If we were the only school interested in him I think we need to pay this coach more money.
                    Halonen has an absolute rocket of a shot! I rewatched his first goal as a husky about five times. It is a one timer shot out of a cannon..can't wait to watch this guys career!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      If you want any of these colors and haven't submitted a form on the THG site, now is the time!
                      https://techhockeyguide.com/authentic-jerseys/
                      Even as someone who normally wouldn't look twice at a jersey that wasn't worn in a game, I'm nothing less than thrilled that I took the plunge and ordered one. NOT having access to a nice authentic jersey like this when I was at Tech is what got me started down the path of collecting game worn jerseys. Twenty-three years later, I finally got the on-ice jersey I was seeking back in 1995.... Johnson's jersey. It was worth the wait!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Coach Serratore's comments about the upcoming series. He says some nice things about the Mac and Houghton as well:
                        https://youtu.be/Jk3dHNgr-B0

Comment

• Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                          Coach Serratore's comments about the upcoming series. He says some nice things about the Mac and Houghton as well:
                          https://youtu.be/Jk3dHNgr-B0
                          He's going to be the guest at the blue line lunch tomorrow. He is worth the price of admission. Funny guy with lots of anecdotes. He's a class act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
                            He's going to be the guest at the blue line lunch tomorrow. He is worth the price of admission. Funny guy with lots of anecdotes. He's a class act.
                            You should hear the luncheons when Tom and his brother Frank get together. They could probably go on the road together. I will have to see if I can find the clips from last year when Air Force was in Bemidji.
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              You should hear the luncheons when Tom and his brother Frank get together. They could probably go on the road together. I will have to see if I can find the clips from last year when Air Force was in Bemidji.
                              Here is the video I was referencing. It is a Facebook video taken by Beaver Pride, so it is a little shaky. 40 minutes in length, but worth it.

https://www.facebook.com/BSUBeaverPr...3973579613501/
                              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

History lesson - John MacInnes coached his first game for Michigan Tech on this day (November 30) in 1956, a 13-2 victory over Port Arthur (now combined with Fort William to become Thunder Bay, ONT). He would win 554 more games for the Huskies before stepping down in 1982.

Comment

Working...
                                X