Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Pretty much. That said, he's hardly the only reason we lost tonight. Gotta score more than 1 goal per game to win on the road.

Two WCHA teams in the dance at most. Oh well.

You are 100% correct. Our longest road stretches for the rest of the season are only four games, and we don't travel to BG this year. We now havet home coming up, and need to really get going here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm just hoping they settle into t bn e routine of home games. Sometimes it's easier to focus on the game when you dont have the distractions at home. I know its Thanksgiving weekend, but it would be really nice to see a large crowd at the Mac next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        Interesting.

He’s also a Tech alum!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

While I won't give the goal tending a full pass, the goalie is not the reason Tech lost two games this weekend. Tech net minders posted a 2.0 GAA this weekend. You need to be able to win games when your goalie only gives up two. As others have stated, you are not going to win many games scoring one goal. Where I leave some fault in the crease is not having a timely save when Tech really needed it. In both games, Tech played from behind almost the entire weekend. In both cases Tech was able to get the game tied up... only to promptly give Clarkson a lead once again. Friday night it was about 2 min 30 seconds and Saturday night it came on the very next shift, roughly 30 seconds later.

Yes, in both games Tech only gave up two goals with someone in net, but in both cases the second goals allowed felt like back breakers because of their timing. If my math is correct, Tech was tied for a total of 5:45 in Friday's game and 12:18 in Saturday's game. They spent the rest of the weekend playing from behind. That puts pressure on the team which currently has a severe lack of experience. While Tech still sits in first place in the WCHA, those non-conference losses will loom large at the end of the season and will likely mean Tech will have to win the WCHA again to advance to the NCAA tourney unless they absolutely dominate the WCHA conference schedule and have an unreal overall record.

Anyway, glad I made the trip. Always cool to see someplace new and Clarkson had a really nice hockey facility.

Ryan
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
            Thanks for making the trip and safe travels! I was impressed with the number of fans that made the trip, the respect they showed and also how all were taking in the History of Clarkson. Hopefully we don't wait another 48 years! It appears to me the demographics of the two schools- Culture, Academics, Small town colleges are one in the same. Good luck the rest of season, you have a nice young team.
            This needs to be a semi-regular series, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              This needs to be a semi-regular series, IMO.
              They could invite them to the GLI but a Tech v Clarkson matchup would not be guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                Thanks for making the trip and safe travels! I was impressed with the number of fans that made the trip, the respect they showed and also how all were taking in the History of Clarkson. Hopefully we don't wait another 48 years! It appears to me the demographics of the two schools- Culture, Academics, Small town colleges are one in the same. Good luck the rest of season, you have a nice young team.
                We enjoyed the trip. The rink is really nice, sort of plush in a way but not phony at all. The fans around us knew their stuff and were very friendly. I didn't see a single domestic dispute, passed out drunk, or middle finger flying like I'm used to in Marquette! Hopefully you guys can make it to Houghton next year. You'll have a similar experience... maybe even a pair of losses too!

Comment

When does your winter break generally start? I believe that’s when we play next season, 13th/14th of December, which sucks for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                    I have to question leaving Gould out of the lineup, even though it allowed Bellant in which I was happy to see. In a 2-1 game we sure could have used his offensive prowess.
                    The officiating was horrible. Anytime a player hit the ice, it was like the refs turned their head saw a man down and called the automatic penalty.
                    Clarkson deserved the two wins, but I was sure hoping for the split this weekend. Time to regroup and move on.
                    The travel is now favorable the rest of the year. Need to get some home cooking and some great hockey going forward. Go Tech!
                    I thought the pregame interview said Gould was hurt/injured for Saturday.

Comment

There was speculation on the THG chat that it was a healthy scratch. Dirk mentioned an injury to Gould so that does clear that up.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        When does your winter break generally start? I believe that’s when we play next season, 13th/14th of December, which sucks for obvious reasons.
                        Usually exams are the last full week before Christmas, so students will still be on campus then. This year break starts the 21st.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AFHusky View Post
                          Usually exams are the last full week before Christmas, so students will still be on campus then. This year break starts the 21st.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk
                          There are a few trips for Clarkson that are out of the ordinary next season so it will be interesting to see which ones I select but Michigan Tech is at the top of the list, best of luck the rest of the way.

Comment

We have a commitment from Brendan Datema, a 19-year-old defenseman currently playing for Amarillo (NAHL). He is second on the team in scoring (11G and 11A in 19 games) and plus/minus (+14).

Comment

Nice add. Sounds like a good kid too:

https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...sity/n-5420979

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
                                Nice add. Sounds like a good kid too:

https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...sity/n-5420979
                                You know i'm all for religion but i think it's a mistake to wear it on your sleeve. Show your beliefs by your actions not your words. But it is just mho.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X