Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2018-19: Who Cares What They Name It, We Want It

The coach used the word disappointing for that game. I'd use a different term; Embarrassing. The only reason is wasn't worse is that Duluth took their foot off the gas.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

That is actually what I expected last night. I thought after making it through last night, tonight would be fine. Maybe Duluth just took Tech a little too lightly last night and came to play to tonight.
      I would bet the goaltending roller coaster starts now.

Comment

Both nights were a huge bust IMO. Too much passive play by the Husky players. It was as if anyone near the puck was waiting for the other guy to take control. The only star I'd hand out would go to Bliss, he is going to be amazing. Otherwise the speed, endurance, skill, and physicality of MTU was far below required. Chalk it up to week one woes, learn, move on. Where was Jurusik?
        The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

I was at the game so I didn't get to hear Joe's postgame comments yet. From my perspective, I don't pin this on Kero and don't think the goaltending rollercoaster should start after tonight. I have to believe the switch to Beydoun in the third was a message to the skaters not anything to do with Kero. I certainly don't think Kero played bad enough to lose his job nor do I think Beydoun's one period of mop-up duty in a 4-goal game where UMD coasted the final 20 minutes should be enough to say he earned the spot away from Kero. I don't know where Jurusik sat on Joe's depth chart before his injury, or when he will be back from it, but from what I saw tonight the team has a lot more to worry about before starting a goaltending controversy. Let's start with winning faceoffs, winning loose pucks, establishing sustained pressure on offence, getting our defence to stand someone up, covering open guys in the slot, not giving puck away 10 feet in front of your own net, just to name a few. It will be interesting to hear what they say on the Joe Show on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

What he said^^^. Joe did say that he thought Kero played great and was let down by his team, It will be interesting to see if they can improve the compete level against Wisconsin with two weeks off...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
              What he said^^^. Joe did say that he thought Kero played great and was let down by his team, It will be interesting to see if they can improve the compete level against Wisconsin with two weeks off...
              I'm not counting on it. I'm sure over the season they will get gradually better, but they have such a long way to go that it could be quite a while. I thought Kero was pretty good, especially in the first period.

I see we have a new recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                I was at the game so I didn't get to hear Joe's postgame comments yet. From my perspective, I don't pin this on Kero and don't think the goaltending rollercoaster should start after tonight. I have to believe the switch to Beydoun in the third was a message to the skaters not anything to do with Kero. I certainly don't think Kero played bad enough to lose his job nor do I think Beydoun's one period of mop-up duty in a 4-goal game where UMD coasted the final 20 minutes should be enough to say he earned the spot away from Kero. I don't know where Jurusik sat on Joe's depth chart before his injury, or when he will be back from it, but from what I saw tonight the team has a lot more to worry about before starting a goaltending controversy. Let's start with winning faceoffs, winning loose pucks, establishing sustained pressure on offence, getting our defence to stand someone up, covering open guys in the slot, not giving puck away 10 feet in front of your own net, just to name a few. It will be interesting to hear what they say on the Joe Show on Monday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                When did Jurusik suffer an injury? And what type?

Comment

They will be fine, this is going to be like last year, except instead of problems with goaltending and issues in the room, we're legit dealing with youth.

Comment

I would agree with the assessment of the games. There is not much I could add that wouldn't simply be piling on. I went up there expecting we would get swept, yet hoping for a split or at least a couple of solid games. This season will have a lot of growing pains. Too many new faces not to. Yet, I think it will get there in the end.

Go Huskies!!

Comment

Shawhan mentioned at the luncheon that Tech is playing at Colgate next year and that Michigan is visiting for the 100th anniversary opener in two years. I believe he also said they are playing Notre Dame.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Shawhan mentioned at the luncheon that Tech is playing at Colgate next year and that Michigan is visiting for the 100th anniversary opener in two years. I believe he also said they are playing Notre Dame.
                        He also mentioned that a series with Minnesota was in the works, but when Motzko was hired they backed out...

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                          He also mentioned that a series with Minnesota was in the works, but when Motzko was hired they backed out...
                          I guess he is still sore about getting shut out in the WCHA Championship. After a few years of losing to Penn State, he'll forget all about losing to Tech.
                          Ryan
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            I guess he is still sore about getting shut out in the WCHA Championship. After a few years of losing to Penn State, he'll forget all about losing to Tech.
                            Ryan
                            No I'd bet he wants a 2 for 1 now.

Comment

Any word from practice this past week?

Comment

Looks like Fridays game will have some TV Coverage, Fox Sports North Plus for those in Minnesota at least. We don't get much TV coverage these days, hopefully casual Alum fans can catch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X