Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

If saturday tells the tale I doubt its a happy ending. I have ZERO confindence Red can get this team ready for anything. Hope he proves me wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      If saturday tells the tale I doubt its a happy ending. I have ZERO confindence Red can get this team ready for anything. Hope he proves me wrong.

I think if they play a little better its a sign they can compete, theyre getting tough. If they have another period where they get outshot by a billion and they lose by 3-5 then its same old same old no matter how bad the league smells

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        I think if they play a little better its a sign they can compete, theyre getting tough. If they have another period where they get outshot by a billion and they lose by 3-5 then its same old same old no matter how bad the league smells
        I'm surprised Swayman got lit up that badly, the D must have been awful in front of him.

Last edited by walrus; 10-20-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I'm surprised Swayman got lit up that badly, the D most have been awful in front of him.

Yes indeed that really surprised me...hoping and I think he's [Swayman] the type that can and will bounce back...he's confident but not cocky...chalk it up as a bad night gone bad and get back out there move on....same advice for the whole team in general.

Comment

I'm surprised Swayman got lit up that badly, the D must have been awful in front of him.

Yes and no.

In the first I thought the defense was not great. There was one play where their top player walked in from the blue into the slot unchallenged... it took so long and I have no idea why a forward didn't go challenge him. He waited for a screen and put it just inside the right post. Swayman couldn't see it at all. Another play generated behind the net, and the d didn't ceil it off and constrict the passing lane, puck come up across inside left circle edge of slot and was one timed. Swayman had no time to react as he had to guard right post, then establish position on shooter, and puck was by him before he could react to the puck. The other goal was players going to the net and traffic and bumping Swayman and they banged in the rebound.

In the second Swayman mishandled a puck after a terrible decision to try to outlet to d man with the only forechecker cover that d man. Guys got best assist he could hope for with a net with no goalie in it from about 10 feet away. Two other goals JSS put in accidently while trying to make plays. He dove to try to disrupt a forward in on Swayman. Swayman made the save but JSS momentum took Swayman, puck, and JSS into the net and off mornings and into end boards. The other one puck trickled behind Swayman and he was slowing laying back in hopes of laying on it, but JSS scooped it and tried to flip it away from goal line. Unfortunately it hit Swaymans back and bounced back in. I don't know if it was a goal if it was never handled. But tough to fault JSS for either as he was trying to make plays. The 4th goal that period was a softy that Swayman stops 99 percent of the time. I think all 4 goals in the second were not neccessarily the fault of the defense.

Seems like if the defense plays solid and if the goaltending is there they can compete. I am hopeful. Need to grind hard for 60 minutes and every shift to try to beat this UMD team. Their team defense and d pairs look fantastic. Reminds me of when Maine had Campbell Blair coaching the pairings in front of Howard when we lost to Denver in the finals. Just had a knack for keeping the shots to 20 or less a game for the opponents wether it be taking the body, stick checking, blocking shots, etc... They seemingly are strong in all areas. I bet MUD is top team in country before too long.
            Last edited by BlackI; 10-20-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Yes and no.

In the first I thought the defense was not great. There was one play where their top player walked in from the blue into the slot unchallenged... it took so long and I have no idea why a forward didn't go challenge him. He waited for a screen and put it just inside the right post. Swayman couldn't see it at all. Another play generated behind the net, and the d didn't ceil it off and constrict the passing lane, puck come up across inside left circle edge of slot and was one timed. Swayman had no time to react as he had to guard right post, then establish position on shooter, and puck was by him before he could react to the puck. The other goal was players going to the net and traffic and bumping Swayman and they banged in the rebound.

In the second Swayman mishandled a puck after a terrible decision to try to outlet to d man with the only forechecker cover that d man. Guys got best assist he could hope for with a net with no goalie in it from about 10 feet away. Two other goals JSS put in accidently while trying to make plays. He dove to try to disrupt a forward in on Swayman. Swayman made the save but JSS momentum took Swayman, puck, and JSS into the net and off mornings and into end boards. The other one puck trickled behind Swayman and he was slowing laying back in hopes of laying on it, but JSS scooped it and tried to flip it away from goal line. Unfortunately it hit Swaymans back and bounced back in. I don't know if it was a goal if it was never handled. But tough to fault JSS for either as he was trying to make plays. The 4th goal that period was a softy that Swayman stops 99 percent of the time. I think all 4 goals in the second were not neccessarily the fault of the defense.

Seems like if the defense plays solid and if the goaltending is there they can compete. I am hopeful. Need to grind hard for 60 minutes and every shift to try to beat this UMD team. Their team defense and d pairs look fantastic. Reminds me of when Maine had Campbell Blair coaching the pairings in front of Howard when we lost to Denver in the finals. Just had a knack for keeping the shots to 20 or less a game for the opponents wether it be taking the body, stick checking, blocking shots, etc... They seemingly are strong in all areas. I bet MUD is top team in country before too long.
              It’s nice to give up all of those fluky goals at the same time. Hopefully tonight’s game is a lot more competitive.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                It’s nice to give up all of those fluky goals at the same time. Hopefully tonight’s game is a lot more competitive.
                https://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-maine-vs-minnesota-duluth-highlights---10-19-18
                New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Pudge View Post
                  https://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-maine-vs-minnesota-duluth-highlights---10-19-18
                  Wow, that's ugly. Wonder who will be in net tonight for Maine?

https://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-...hts---10-19-18

Comment

maine football down 14 10 make a big play, take a penalty. Gave up a td on a int.

Comment

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

more and more penalties on Maine, unreal

Comment

take another penalty when you were going to have good field position and then go three and out. Frustrating, maine up 17 14

Comment

Rut roo raggy... tied up at 17

Comment

nice unsportsmanlike penalty on 8
                            Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Rut roo raggy... tied up at 17

Comment

Doh! Or should I say Doake! Missed field goal. Game still at 17 apiece.

Comment

another penalty on maine

Comment

Working...
                                X