Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Swayman
    He's very good at this level, but is he an NHL goalie?

I'd like to see that, but I'm not convinced right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      They'll either buy him out with a year left on his contract, or renew it for another couple years.
      Either of those two possibilities sound like bad choices to me at this point.

Comment

Fishman is so smart. All hail king fishman.

Dumb.. very dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          He's very good at this level, but is he an NHL goalie?

I'd like to see that, but I'm not convinced right now.
          I think he has a solid chance to make it to the next level...would expect him to play @ Maine for another season then the Bruins may step in and want him to move on to the next level, the AHL...or they could opt in Swayman staying all 4 years where he would play more and get the practice in during the week with games on the weekends. But for now he's a Black Bear...and a good one at that, one of the better players Maine has so far in this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Either of those two possibilities sound like bad choices to me at this point.
            those are the only options, you can't have a "lame duck" head coach

Comment

Fishman, the king of negativity. Never a nice thing to say about the team he professes to love. Seems like chub.

Comment

Here's a bit of optimism. The season is still very young and it's possible Maine could develop later in the season and start putting together wins. Based on Gendron's previous 5 years at Maine it's not likely to happen, but it is possible. I don't think Maine has the talent or coach to do it, but who knows. If Maine were to finish 4 - 5 in Hockey East, I could see the AD extending him another one or two years. It will be interesting to see what the AD does if Maine finishes the season in 7 - 11?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  Here's a bit of optimism. The season is still very young and it's possible Maine could develop later in the season and start putting together wins. Based on Gendron's previous 5 years at Maine it's not likely to happen, but it is possible. I don't think Maine has the talent or coach to do it, but who knows. If Maine were to finish 4 - 5 in Hockey East, I could see the AD extending him another one or two years. It will be interesting to see what the AD does if Maine finishes the season in 7 - 11?
                  Where do you see the wins coming from? Maine basically plays all the bad teams on the road and good teams at home, which I don’t think is a great combination.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Where do you see the wins coming from? Maine basically plays all the bad teams on the road and good teams at home, which I don’t think is a great combination.

I really can't predict where the wins will come from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                      Really most likely nothing gets done after this year, Red has two more seasons after this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I mean, I would think that's the best possible combination.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Really most likely nothing gets done after this year, Red has two more seasons after this one.
                          In reality you are probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            I mean, I would think that's the best possible combination.
                            If you're good, sure. If you're bad, it is a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              those are the only options, you can't have a "lame duck" head coach
                              Why not the Chicago Cubs are doing it in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                Why not the Chicago Cubs are doing it in 2019
                                Pro sports wee bit different
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X