Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Certain people were outraged by my assessment of Binner last year, but he makes far too many mental mistakes in the low slot while in traffic, if you ask me.

Whatever, hockey got 3 road-points and football kicked some serious touchis. It was a very good day to be a Bear.
    There is no doubt he is playing worse this season. As is Keeper. Though I thought Keeper was better today. Very nice goal. On one play where it looked like he got burnt for a breakaway he recovered well and broke up that rush.

I would like to see more of Spicer. Overall it is hard to identify a player that is better than last season. Maybe Pearson and Smith?

Comment

#7 Maine vs. #2 Weber St. in Ogden, Utah. I think these two teams match up very well. The Wildcats defensive backs scare me a little. I think this will be a very close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        #7 Maine vs. #2 Weber St. in Ogden, Utah. I think these two teams match up very well. The Wildcats defensive backs scare me a little. I think this will be a very close game.
        I'm a lot more concerned with Weber's WR's. Maine has talented corners, but they're small, and Maine almost always plays man.

I'm hoping that Coach H brings the rush on every obvious passing situation, no matter the score. The Maine D-line and 'backers are a pack of rabid hyenas wearing helmets. No team all year long has stopped them when they pin 'em back and go for the throat. When Maine drops back in coverage, it never seems to work as well.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Maine goes to weber st next saturday
          next Friday night. Going to be tough .....but it can be done

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Highlights from last night...
            https://youtu.be/HFxVUC41w7E

Comment

Swayman shares in hockey east defensive player of the week honors...
              https://***********/hockey_east/stat...18511717257216

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Swayman shares in hockey east defensive player of the week honors...
                https://***********/hockey_east/stat...18511717257216
                Knew he would bounce back, he's solid even when he has a off night a few weeks ago....a plus for Maine.

Comment

UMass #1 in this weeks rankings. Polls are Polls but they are a team to reckon with @ 12-1-0.

Comment

UMass football hired and OC from Florida or Florida State, so bullett dodged on coach H

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      UMass #1 in this weeks rankings. Polls are Polls but they are a team to reckon with @ 12-1-0.
                      #1 in the PWR, the RPI, and the KRACH too. A clean sweep.

Funny how Carvel -in two seasons- has turned around a never-was program into a top team, while Red has spun his wheels for 5 years and completely squandered the collateral he inherited.

Comment

Interesting mid-season add to the roster:

https://www.lonestarbrahmas.com/2018...aves-for-maine

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

If they would have known Holway wasn’t going to be around I’m sure he would have come in over the summer. Having another lefty should help. Is he eligible for Princeton or does he have to wait until a few weeks later?
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Just in case you didnt know, Maine vs Weber, 8pm Friday night ESPN2.

Another D man sounds good but we will see if he can play or just red shirts like a lot of guys Red brings in that folks thought were good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              UMass football hired and OC from Florida or Florida State, so bullett dodged on coach H
                              Whether its UMAss or somewhere else, this off season or next, he is gone to greener pastures. Well deserved on his part. Imagine this team with Cozzy as coach Enjoy it while we can, Friday is going to be great

Comment

• Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

Good! The more D on the roster the better. Better chance of someone stepping up.
                                But, who is the defensive coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X