Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Swayman had a nice game, anyway. Red's recruiting ensures that he gets plenty of work.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      God, it's been very frustrating to watch this team. Tonight was honestly a joke.
      The entire Red era has been a lukewarm joke, let's face it.

Comment

I thought Maine carried the play for much of the game. The shot totals were surprisingly high on both sides. Swayman of course looked great. The game could have gone either way, as could tomorrow's.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          I thought Maine carried the play for much of the game. The shot totals were surprisingly high on both sides. Swayman of course looked great. The game could have gone either way, as could tomorrow's.
          Sadly you live by the penalty you go down in defeat a high % of the time...

Comment

Really glad I didnt drop $30 to go watch that game. The garbage with not being abe to stay out of the box stopped being funny like 2 years ago. Get it the F together.

Does there have to be one period a game where they get outshot by 10?!? That is NOT normal and speaks to god awful preparation.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Really glad I didnt drop $30 to go watch that game. The garbage with not being abe to stay out of the box stopped being funny like 2 years ago. Get it the F together.

Does there have to be one period a game where they get outshot by 10?!? That is NOT normal and speaks to god awful preparation.
              Its scary at times to watch...frustrating to NO end...might sound negative but when you watch the game and root for the team and get this over and over it just stops being fun.

Comment

You guys are harsh, they only had 7 penalties, thats well below their average per game. Baby steps
                I watched the Celtics instead, far more entertaining
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine did play well at times but struggled against BU's defense and Oettinger. Could possibly win tonight if BU is not ready. Maine still looking for first road win (0-4-1). BU's three PP goals did them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Its scary at times to watch...frustrating to NO end...might sound negative but when you watch the game and root for the team and get this over and over it just stops being fun.
                    Glad I missed it. Mountains have snow. It's better I go ski now... because as you say, watching Maine hockey has stopped being fun.

Comment

Much more interested in other UM sports today. Football @12 noon vs. Elon (Fox College Sports Ch.373 Spectrum/CW Ch.12 Spectrum) and even Men's Basketball @ 2:00pm vs. NC State on ESPN+ (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/34531...ne-vs-nc-state)

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                        God, it's been very frustrating to watch this team. Tonight was honestly a joke.
                        I’m not sure you were at the game but it was anything but a joke. Maine had one penalty up until about 11:00 of the 2nd period. Then sadly boom boom boom, three in a row. The unsportsmanlike was not clear at all. Even BU fans around us were scratching their heads. Maine played much of the 2nd with no purpose but played a very good 3rd. They coughed up the puck multiple times in their O end in the 2nd- inexcusable. Doherty’s goal to tie it at 2-2 was a beauty. The Perez elbowing penalty right after that was totally needless and stupid. I’ll be disappointed and surprised if he dresses tonight. Again with a Perez bad penalty. ***? Does this kid not get it? Swayman was very “on” last night BTW.
                        Bottom line- these are two .500 teams that played a good hockey game last night. But I’m sick and tired of losing. We shall see what tonight brings.

Comment

• To be clear, the penalty calling last night was chippy and cheap both ways Sh***y little calls for the most part except for Perez in the 3rd.

Comment

Perez keeps getting starts even though he is good for a PK every game and generally a PP goal for other team. He won't play tonight and it won't matter as he will play next game and do it all over again.

Football up 14 10 after 1st half. Ferguson out and whoever the 2nd string qb is in. He looks not so good. If he starts second half I see Elon winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                              I’m not sure you were at the game but it was anything but a joke. Maine had one penalty up until about 11:00 of the 2nd period. Then sadly boom boom boom, three in a row. The unsportsmanlike was not clear at all. Even BU fans around us were scratching their heads. Maine played much of the 2nd with no purpose but played a very good 3rd. They coughed up the puck multiple times in their O end in the 2nd- inexcusable. Doherty’s goal to tie it at 2-2 was a beauty. The Perez elbowing penalty right after that was totally needless and stupid. I’ll be disappointed and surprised if he dresses tonight. Again with a Perez bad penalty. ***? Does this kid not get it? Swayman was very “on” last night BTW.
                              Bottom line- these are two .500 teams that played a good hockey game last night. But I’m sick and tired of losing. We shall see what tonight brings.
                              I watched the entire game but I didn't mean it was a joke in terms of how they played. I actually do think they played well, outplaying BU 5 on 5 most of the game. It was a joke because of them being sunk once again by penalties in a game they could have or should have won.

Comment

2 kick off returns for touch downs for number 81. wow

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X