Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Maybe call me crazy, but here's a hot take: Swayman was a sort of Jekyll and Hyde act this weekend, sometimes making great stops to keep the team in it but also had more than a few soft goals go against him.

Comment

Too bad "moral victories" don't count in the PWR.

Some of us have the patience of Job... Me, not so much.

Red's had plenty of time to fashion his own program, and here we are, still: a day late and a dollar short.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Too bad "moral victories" don't count in the PWR.

Some of us have the patience of Job... Me, not so much.

Red's had plenty of time to fashion his own program, and here we are, still: a day late and a dollar short.
        Smoke a pipe old timer. We played top team in the country. Have some sort of patience you know nothing moron.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Smoke a pipe old timer. We played top team in the country. Have some sort of patience you know nothing moron.
          I know a mediocre program when I see one. Guzzle another liter of rotgut and get back to me, sweetheart.

(No offense intended. )
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-20-2018, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            I know a mediocre program when I see one. Guzzle another liter of rotgut and get back to me, sweetheart.
            You only come around at the worst of times. I would wish you come and call me sweetheart in person.

Comment

Anybody here follow Celtics twitter? Is BlackI in fact Janos?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                Yes this is me. You spelled it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  Actually I am not janos. Means nothing to me. What does it does mean, it is i am smart sorts and an understanding in this regard.

Comment

You only come around at the worst of times. I would wish you come and call me sweetheart in person.
                    I have no doubt,sweetheart... Hear it in your dreams!

And Blackie, for the love of Christ, I was at the first Maine game ever, and hundreds since. You think I enjoy this perennial incompetence? I only complain because I want the program to be half-decent again.

Comment

Six years is a lot of patience. I thought if Sway played out of his mind Maine had a chance out there, other than that they had no chance against Duluth. Should be a good learning experience. Still not enough talent to play with the big boys.
                      I still have my doubts on the direction of the program. Recruiting has improved the last 2 years but Maine still isn't close to top tier teams. Maybe thats an unreal expectation in todays college hockey world??
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Recruiting has improved the last 2 years but Maine still isn't close to top tier teams. Maybe thats an unreal expectation in todays college hockey world??
                        I dont think so, but maybe its going to take a major change with things at ME (AD maybe?). College hockey is certainly tightening up, more talent which should work to Maine's advantage to get the pieces needed to become a contender.

Look at this weekend; Merrimack shut out BU, Umass splitting the weekend with #1 OH St., Lowell lost to Miami last night.

It takes recruiting and coaching, not just recruiting, coaching is where Maine's trouble area may be at. This does baffle me in that Red apparently has high regard within the profession so he should be a good coach, right.

To me this Maine team is very promising, the most so in a long time. The deadwood is gone and the guys are hard working, focused and driven, maybe not spending so much time at the Roost as teams past.
                        However still light on D, but the season is early we shall see if they can put together a good one, its hard to predict at this point.

Comment

You guys think they miss Holway on the blue line?

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            In some aspects: YES

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Six years is a lot of patience. I thought if Sway played out of his mind Maine had a chance out there, other than that they had no chance against Duluth. Should be a good learning experience. Still not enough talent to play with the big boys.
                              I still have my doubts on the direction of the program. Recruiting has improved the last 2 years but Maine still isn't close to top tier teams. Maybe thats an unreal expectation in todays college hockey world??
                              I think your right in some regards here: Swayman is the key, 6 years should have gotten this program better with a better outlook beyond...BUT with the right person behind the bench I still say they can compete with anyone in the country. Recruting will always be tough, recruiting can be better when a program wins and plays for something...till then you hope for the best and maybe a diamond in the rough comes out of a group of recruits every other year.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                yes, no doubt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X