Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
    Not sure where your assessment is coming from. Last year in the USHL he had a pretty good year I thought. As for his streak this year, yeah he has 3 points in two games and if you count the exhibition he has 3 goals and 3 assists in three games. Thats just the kind of streak we need!

It's pretty clear they are trying to feed passes to him for his one timer, and teams will catch on to that and shut him down, but that will just open someone else up...

I'm hoping Dawe is ok, he did skate off on his own. Does anyone know if Shea will be allowed to play next Friday? No idea what the rule is on fighting.
    According to Larry, when they were reviwing the play, he won't be playing next game.

I agree with you on the streaky thing, I don't understand it either. In two of 3 games he got the number 1 star of the game. He is on the top line as a rookie in his first games as a Black Bear. I don't think you get to do that unless it is obvious you deserve it. He is a great power play weapon. But he has hands that can turn 5-on-5 seemingly benign and routine shot for most into a goal. A.K.A. he is a sniper. He also plays with emotion and plays physical. He is impressive. I am shocked he went undrafted. But I think teams must have not cared for his skating. But he has nhl hands/shot. If his skating improves the sky is the limit for him I believe. I realize it is only 2 games in... But it is kind of obvious to anyone. So no, I am not seeing streaky right now. If anything his play on first line and power play will allow him to contribute on the scoring sheet regularly.

Comment

That's the first couple baby steps to a good season. Go Blue!
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Women's team is now ranked 10th...
        https://www.uscho.com/rankings/

The women's team is very good this season. There are 4 freshmen already playing like upperclassmen. There are two others that play well and will become very good players. I am amazed at the talent they brought in with those 6 freshmen.

Comment

I mean every freshman except Jack Eichel and Paul Kariya is streaky and inconsistent. Its not a knock on JSS. Tralmarks was up ajs down last year, so was Swayman. Nyquist was up and down as a freshman.

I think its just having fair expectations. He’s 20, so while hes not 18 hes not 22 like a Leveille/Shields type frosh either. Love what Ive seen so far, want to see him play in person but its not crazy to think therell be off nights here and there

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            Women's team is now ranked 10th...
            https://www.uscho.com/rankings/

The women's team is very good this season. There are 4 freshmen already playing like upperclassmen. There are two others that play well and will become very good players. I am amazed at the talent they brought in with those 6 freshmen.
            The Freshman Class is going to be a BIG plus for the Maine women's team.

Comment

Well, the men's team isn't in the top 20 yet. But they are close and got a lot more votes this week. Hopefully they are up for the challenge in Duluth.

I hope their team speed can keep up. I was playing around at college hockey news and Maine is the tallest and third heaviest team in the country. This even after early depatures of Holway, Herner, and Housakos.

The second heaviest team is Duluth. So should be the battle of the big boys. I wonder what the streaming options are.

Comment

Looks like it is 15 dollars a game to watch. Kind of expensive, which is disappointing.

https://www.nchc.tv/packages

Probably I'll pay for it anyways. I really want to see what this team can do against the best teams in the country. The Duluth roster is loaded with players from USHL.

Comment

JSS got hockey east rookie of the week. Way to go champ! Keep up the hard work.

https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...-accolade.aspx

Comment

Anyone making the return trip to Duluth? My Maine trip last year might be my favorite trip I've ever done And will do. If only I had more time at Acadia!
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      Anyone making the return trip to Duluth? My Maine trip last year might be my favorite trip I've ever done And will do. If only I had more time at Acadia!
                      I can't. But I remember when the schedule came out there was chatter from a couple people about making the trip. So hopefully some Maine fans will make it. Good luck this weekend.

Hopefully you had enough time to take in the view atop Cadallac, hang out in Bar Harbor, and enjoy some good seafood. That usually takes most of a day for me. I always swing by to see if thunder hole is roaring too. Hopefully you enjoyed the old hockey barn, Alfond. It has some character. Hopefully the fans were nice. I think most appreciate fans from so far away.

Comment

Not me but there will be some Mainers out there,
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          I can't. But I remember when the schedule came out there was chatter from a couple people about making the trip. So hopefully some Maine fans will make it. Good luck this weekend.

Hopefully you had enough time to take in the view atop Cadallac, hang out in Bar Harbor, and enjoy some good seafood. That usually takes most of a day for me. I always swing by to see if thunder hole is roaring too. Hopefully you enjoyed the old hockey barn, Alfond. It has some character. Hopefully the fans were nice. I think most appreciate fans from so far away.
                          I did all of that. I wish I had more time at thunder hole! Fans were very nice. One fan even showed a picture of me she took at the Frozen Four in Chicago! I was wearing my crazy getup for that game so she had to take a pic. Alfond was a delight but I would love to see a packed arena against UNH or BU someday.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The duluth series last year was disappointingly low attendance. Usually is for out of conf matches.
                            Although I was surprised at the turn out this past weekend for StL. Maybe due to opening weekend.

I like what I saw from this team for skill, depth, and passing. Hopefully a competitive series this weekend and steal at least one win!

Comment

Regrettably, I had to cancel my trip two weeks ago due to work related travel. Duluth, and the surrounding area, is one of my favorite places to visit, and served as a respite from the days I lived in Iowa. I love what has been done with Canal Park. Some of the best smoked fish I have ever had came from Northern Waters Smokehaus. The surrounding outdoor recreation opportunities abound with so many similarities to Maine. Wish I could be there for the series to root on the boys in blue but also take in Duluth.
                              UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Sr. Liam Pecararo has had a goal and 3 assists in two games for NU. He left Maine after his Fr. year and returned to Waterloo in the USHL. Nice to see him doing well in college.

Comment

Working...
                                X