Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    towson ahead of maine in todays poll, maine remains at 16

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Won't matter what the polls say... If Maine wins on Saturday, they get a bye-week and a playoff game at home, polls be d***ed.

I think they'll get a bid in any case, but a bye and then some home-cookin' could be huge. Ferguson's health is certainly the key factor.

I'm not complaining at all, but how tough would this team be if Josh Mack had stayed? I still have no idea why he'd transfer to Liberty. Bet there are more NFL scouts at Maine games, ferchrissake.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-12-2018, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Won't matter what the polls say... If Maine wins on Saturday, they get a bye-week and a playoff game at home, polls be d***ed.

I think they'll get a bid in any case, but a bye and then some home-cookin' could be huge. Ferguson's health is certainly the key factor.

I'm not complaining at all, but how tough would this team be if Josh Mack had stayed? I still have no idea why he'd transfer to Liberty. Bet there are more NFL scouts at Maine games, ferchrissake.
      Thinking here he got some bad advice....and oh my with his running game added...he was a real threat, but he made his choice.

Comment

They showed Ferguson throwing passes in practice, had a red shirt on . Not sure he was practicing over center though? looked like another qb
        Could be 6 inches of snow in Alfond Stadium saturday
        Last edited by walrus; 11-13-2018, 04:57 PM.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          They showed Ferguson throwing passes in practice, had a red shirt on . Not sure he was practicing over center though? looked like another qb
          Could be 6 inches of snow in Alfond Stadium saturday
          It's encouraging to hear that he's already throwing again, anyway.

Not sure if the expected snow will help Maine or not, but if Elon elects to ground and pound against the Bears' run D, I can't imagine that they'll get too far with that approach.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-13-2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Thinking here he got some bad advice....and oh my with his running game added...he was a real threat, but he made his choice.
            Ayuh, there's no telling why he left, and I've dug as deep as I could on that one.

He's a special talent. I'm surprised that he didn't end-up at a high-end FBS school, but transfers are often the result of family considerations. I'll root for him in any case. Got to see him in person a couple of times, and he was a true warrior for Maine.

Comment

Not sure if the expected snow will help Maine or not, but if Elon elects to ground and pound against the Bears' run D, I can't imagine that they'll get too far with that approach.
              Ferguson did admit he was banged up, but that he was feeling better and by Friday should be good to go on Saturday...as we well know that will be the Coach that decides that.

Comment

Advantage Maine in some regards, but it will effect both teams no matter what.

Comment

Mack wouldn’t have been academically eligible at Maine this year anyways.

Liberty’s academics (plus more) are suspect as best...

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post

This makes sense, too bad for him

Comment

Of course BU is starting to put it together coming into the weekend. Hockey team needs at least 2 pts to keep viable and if BU keeps surging........ sheesh

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar View Post

I didn't know that. Thanks for the insight.

Still, there are plenty of prominent FBS schools that basically give free passes to athletes... I do wonder why he didn't end up at one of them.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          Of course BU is starting to put it together coming into the weekend. Hockey team needs at least 2 pts to keep viable and if BU keeps surging........ sheesh
                          This could be a 3-4 point weekend for Maine.

BU ain't all that, but Red needs to put together a game-plan to get it done.

(Not holding my breath on that one; he's probably watching Lawrence Welk reruns as we speak. )

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            This could be a 3-4 point weekend for Maine.

BU ain't all that, but Red needs to put together a game-plan to get it done.

(Not holding my breath on that one; he's probably watching Lawrence Welk reruns as we speak. )
                            Listened to the coaches show tuesday, hes all over it. Should be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Listened to the coaches show tuesday, hes all over it. Should be all set.
                              Did I detect a note of sarcasm there???

But, yes, BU and Maine are nearly identical teams on the ice so far. Nothing would really surprise me as far as this weekend goes.

Comment

Did I detect a note of sarcasm there???

But, yes, BU and Maine are nearly identical teams on the ice so far. Nothing would really surprise me as far as this weekend goes.
                                A note? it was an opera of sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X