Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

I guess we have a new thread, dont know if we needed it. But, as I said over there, I think JSS will be a streaky player. He didn't look very good to me last night, but hes stood out tonight. Obviously getting the goal, but hes taken the body and made some nice plays too.

Comment

video link is back

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        I guess we have a new thread, dont know if we needed it. But, as I said over there, I think JSS will be a streaky player. He didn't look very good to me last night, but hes stood out tonight. Obviously getting the goal, but hes taken the body and made some nice plays too.
        The off-season is over. You’re way too young to be living in the past.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Shea with a shortie from fossier, 2 zip Maine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Got them rabbit ears tuned just right now

Comment

Michel, 3 zip Maine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maine wins 4-1 to sweep St. Lawrence.

Dawe recieved a cheap shot that drew blood. He got a hit to the head. Hopefully he is not concussed.

JSS got first star. Fossier got second star. Keeper got third star.

I loved the move on Michels goal. For a d man he really undress some folks. Doherty played well. I really like the make up of the lines. As far as I could tell they look like this...

Fossier/Pearson/Schmidt-Svestrup
                Tralmaks/Doherty/Robbins
                Dawe/Pieper/Shea
                Smith/Quinlivan/Holesinsky
                Lindelow

Butala/Michel
                Binner/Keeper
                Becker/Muehlbauer
                Last edited by BlackI; 10-13-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Its good to see 4 lines of hockey.
                  Next weekend will be interesting. Do you think they are ready for duluth?

Comment

Overall, a really good performance tonight. There a was a stretch in the second period where SLU was on us a bit but otherwise it was all Maine. Couple things I noticed tonight
                    -Swayman looks really sharp
                    -Agree that JSS will be a streaky player, at least his freshman year
                    -Smith and Shea look like different players so far, Shea looks faster and out to prove himself and Smith is bringing a really nice offensive element to the 4th line
                    -Pearson looks more confident carrying the puck and it is helping him create some excellent chances
                    -Keeper is a first team all conference player, he looked fantastic all night
                    -Passing looks so much sharper than in years past, especially on the PP
                    -Fossier is the key to the offense, he facilitates everything for them
                    -Hopefully Tralmaks can get it going against Duluth, thought he was a step slow this weekend

Duluth is going to be a huge test but it was nice to see them take care of a bad team. That was something Gendron teams have struggled with. Everything this weekend was encouraging so I'm optimistic going forward

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                      Its good to see 4 lines of hockey.
                      Next weekend will be interesting. Do you think they are ready for duluth?
                      Well Duluth is ranked third in the country, and they just swept the 19th ranked team Michigan Tech. It seems like it is the toughest team Maine will play on their schedule. I think this team should be able to compete hard and with any team. I hope Dawe is not concussed.

Also, did anyone confirm if Westerlund is injured. I thought he would be a tremendous forward this year. Also, is VMT hurt too? When he is healthy he may beat out Becker for ice time playing on third pairing with Muehlbauer.

I thought Quinlivan lost a lot of faceoffs. I think there is still experimentation needed to solidify that 4th line. One it sets in this team should be able to win enough games to make the NCAA tournament as long as they finish it off stronger than last season.

I was thinking when Westerlund comes back he could play on third line and then Dawe can play center on that line. Then Pieper can center the 4th line between Smith and Quinlivan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                        Overall, a really good performance tonight. There a was a stretch in the second period where SLU was on us a bit but otherwise it was all Maine. Couple things I noticed tonight
                        -Swayman looks really sharp
                        -Smith and Shea look like different players so far, Shea looks faster and out to prove himself and Smith is bringing a really nice offensive element to the 4th line
                        -Pearson looks more confident carrying the puck and it is helping him create some excellent chances
                        -Keeper is a first team all conference player, he looked fantastic all night
                        -Passing looks so much sharper than in years past, especially on the PP
                        -Fossier is the key to the offense, he facilitates everything for them
                        -Hopefully Tralmaks can get it going against Duluth, thought he was a step slow this weekend

Duluth is going to be a huge test but it was nice to see them take care of a bad team. That was something Gendron teams have struggled with. Everything this weekend was encouraging so I'm optimistic going forward
                        Agree on Shea, he looks way different than last year. Much faster. Noticed it on Friday and it continued on Saturday.
                        On to Duluth, going to be much tougher out there. Swayman is the big equalizer though, keep it close and Maine can steal win out there. The Freshman look good, never really heard Butala name mentioned all weekend, probably a good thing for a Dman. Winning 2 out of conference games is a good thing, now to get another win or 2

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Agree on Shea, he looks way different than last year. Much faster. Noticed it on Friday and it continued on Saturday.
                          On to Duluth, going to be much tougher out there. Swayman is the big equalizer though, keep it close and Maine can steal win out there. The Freshman look good, never really heard Butala name mentioned all weekend, probably a good thing for a Dman. Winning 2 out of conference games is a good thing, now to get another win or 2
                          I didnt notice many bad plays by the defensemen. Keeper had a nice strip on what would have been a breakaway if he didn't hustle. He played well in the corners separating player from puck.

Muehlbauer had a nice open ice hit around 10 minute mark of the first, steps into and through the forward trying to go wide on him. The Muehlbauer and Becker are leading the team in blocked shots. They have 4 each so far. That pairing looks good... both senior and both from Minnesota.

Team defense was great this weekend. But I imagine the team defense will have a very difficult challenge waiting for it in Duluth.

Comment

BDN: recap...
                            https://bangordailynews.com/2018/10/...-with-victory/

Goblackbears recap with highlights...
                            https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...o-4-1-win.aspx

Comment

Maine vs. URI highlights...
                              https://youtu.be/kPCynsM_5fE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                                Not sure where your assessment is coming from. Last year in the USHL he had a pretty good year I thought. As for his streak this year, yeah he has 3 points in two games and if you count the exhibition he has 3 goals and 3 assists in three games. Thats just the kind of streak we need!

It's pretty clear they are trying to feed passes to him for his one timer, and teams will catch on to that and shut him down, but that will just open someone else up...

I'm hoping Dawe is ok, he did skate off on his own. Does anyone know if Shea will be allowed to play next Friday? No idea what the rule is on fighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X