Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    I mean, Jack Hughes was in the game and I believe he scored a goal. So I doubt it was the bottom of the roster playing, although I suppose still possible.
    No, I mean maybe the other college teams played their third goalie and bench guys. These kids are all blue chippers and trying to play up so that it makes them a international powerhouse. So they would play as hard as they can and top players against college guys in hopes of improving.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      Point spread and total over/under for football semifinals are out. EWU is an 11 point favorite, with a projection of 59 total points, for a predicted score of EWU 35, UMO 24.
      Thanks for the info, but Vegas doesn't handicap FCS football worth a s***. They just don't bother to put the resources into that endeavor, because there's almost zero money on the line.

I'll take Maine and the points on this one, even if I had to bet my life.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-10-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I live in Spokane, I follow FCS, the local papers are very worried about this game as well they should be . . . its a bit un-nerving to the locals that we beat Weber-- Eastern is very good this year, don't get me wrong, but I don't think this is their best iteration--it just might be the best draw they could have gotten-- to get to the semis, they had Nicholls State (yawn) and then had to play a team (at home) that they had beaten by 39 in the regular season . . . and almost lost last week. The Big Sky is an amazing football conference (I was there in the stands in Maine in 03 when Montana came to play and whooped us) and UC Davis got a shade lucky to be able to share the conference title, but Weber was, I think most would concede, the Big Sky's best chance to advance. So, to be honest, I kinda think Maine is the better team going in, I think if you can get 11 from Vegas, you should jump all over that. EWU is far less likely to beat Maine by 11 than they are to score only 11. All of this said, I think the final will be 17-15 Black Bears. Our defense is just too good. Better than a Weber State defense that shut down the Eagles. Look, I live in Spokane and am from here, but I am a Maine alum and root for Maine exclusively-- if EWU wins, hey, it will be fun to watch them get shredded by NDSU in the final. But if Maine wins, and I think we will, then the game with NDSU looks more competitive. Here is a local (Spokane) article that kinda gives you a couple of local players to root for . . .
        http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...s-have-helped/

If anyone is in Spokane for the game, let me know, I can hook you up with some major suggestions as to things you need to do . . . I can't go to the game as my daughter has a figure skating competition starting at noon. Grrr. Go Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by maineblackbear View Post
          I live in Spokane, I follow FCS, the local papers are very worried about this game as well they should be . . . its a bit un-nerving to the locals that we beat Weber-- Eastern is very good this year, don't get me wrong, but I don't think this is their best iteration--it just might be the best draw they could have gotten-- to get to the semis, they had Nicholls State (yawn) and then had to play a team (at home) that they had beaten by 39 in the regular season . . . and almost lost last week. The Big Sky is an amazing football conference (I was there in the stands in Maine in 03 when Montana came to play and whooped us) and UC Davis got a shade lucky to be able to share the conference title, but Weber was, I think most would concede, the Big Sky's best chance to advance. So, to be honest, I kinda think Maine is the better team going in, I think if you can get 11 from Vegas, you should jump all over that. EWU is far less likely to beat Maine by 11 than they are to score only 11. All of this said, I think the final will be 17-15 Black Bears. Our defense is just too good. Better than a Weber State defense that shut down the Eagles. Look, I live in Spokane and am from here, but I am a Maine alum and root for Maine exclusively-- if EWU wins, hey, it will be fun to watch them get shredded by NDSU in the final. But if Maine wins, and I think we will, then the game with NDSU looks more competitive. Here is a local (Spokane) article that kinda gives you a couple of local players to root for . . .
          http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...s-have-helped/

If anyone is in Spokane for the game, let me know, I can hook you up with some major suggestions as to things you need to do . . . I can't go to the game as my daughter has a figure skating competition starting at noon. Grrr. Go Blue.
          Thanks for the insight and link. Maine has a legitimate chance to win this game.

Comment

http://www.espn.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=25525218

Not saying that I necessarily agree, but I do expect a tight game.

And thanks for the local perspective and the link, maineblackbear. Interesting read.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

We can no longer discuss "cutting" football. At least for now.

Comment

Cozzy is in Spokane, jinx city for the bears
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Do you always look on the bleak side..? Go Maine no matter who's in attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    We can no longer discuss "cutting" football. At least for now.

That would be a Title IX disaster. Not to mention, there’s no combination of sports or programs that would cost the university less than the status quo.

Comment

Cosgrove took Maine to the NCAA's 5 times since 2001, and paved the way for Harasymiak. Why do you love to bash him? Did he steal your bike or something?

If it wasn't for him, Maine wouldn't even be on the FSC map right now, let alone in the final four.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-14-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Cosgrove took Maine to the NCAA's 5 times since 2001, and paved the way for Harasymiak. Why do you love to bash him? Did he steal your bike or something?

If it wasn't for him, Maine wouldn't even be on the FSC map right now, let alone in the final four.
                        He hates Hockey and what used to be their success. Yeah its impossible that anyone could have had as much success as Cozzy did during that time

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Do you always look on the bleak side..? Go Maine no matter who's in attendance.
                          You just noticed. And fishman too.

Comment

NDSU won last night so they are in final again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

He hates Hockey and what used to be their success. Yeah its impossible that anyone could have had as much success as Cozzy did during that time
                              Not so sure that he hates ice hockey. I have seen him at games numerous times. Nice gesture by Harasymiak inviting Jack to Spokane for the semi-final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Not so sure that he hates ice hockey. I have seen him at games numerous times. Nice gesture by Harasymiak inviting Jack to Spokane for the semi-final.
                                Im sure there were time he was jealous of hockeys success and resources, theres only so many Maine donors and they were probably going after the same dollars at times. Coz is a very competitive guy. Imperfect as a coach but I would say besides Walsh no one has ever bled more blue or loved the school more than him.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X