Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Sr. Liam Pecararo has had a goal and 3 assists in two games for NU. He left Maine after his Fr. year and returned to Waterloo in the USHL. Nice to see him doing well in college.
    Very nice. Good for Liam. Working out great that we can finally see we got a better coach than Whitehead. Everyone wins and even you.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      ........Everyone wins and even you.
      What did I win?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        What did I win?
        A ribbon, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I did all of that. I wish I had more time at thunder hole! Fans were very nice. One fan even showed a picture of me she took at the Frozen Four in Chicago! I was wearing my crazy getup for that game so she had to take a pic. Alfond was a delight but I would love to see a packed arena against UNH or BU someday.
          Been to Duluth a couple of times during past summers and had a great time. An interesting burg with some cool old buildings.

If any Mainers make the trip, eat local walleye, perch and lake trout -what we call "togue" in The Pine Tree State- and each of them so flaky and delicious from the cold waters of Lake Superior, and then drive up to Thunder Bay between games. High bluffs and gorgeous views of that vast inland sea. Unforgettable.

Comment

Saw a picture on twitter from the team in the airport and based on the size of him it looked like Dawe was making the trip to Duluth. Definitely, a good sign and hopefully that means in was just bleeding and not concussion related.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
              Saw a picture on twitter from the team in the airport and based on the size of him it looked like Dawe was making the trip to Duluth. Definitely, a good sign and hopefully that means in was just bleeding and not concussion related.
              Great news. He is tougher than he looks.

For some reason I want to nickname JSS and Dawe... Scooby and Scrappy.

I think Scooby is a great Dane, right?

Comment

BDN - Maine's Minnesotan's Homecoming...
                https://bangordailynews.com/2018/10/...ir-home-state/

Comment

If anyone is interested in hearing interviews from the four freshmen then check out the Coach's radio show(on demand section, sort by men's hockey)...
                  https://goblackbears.com/watch/?Arch...7&type=Archive

Interesting tidbits are:
                  Simon Butala's father played professional lacrosse.
                  Adam Dawe's billet family, whom he stayed with during him time in Sioux Falls, is going to watch him play this weekend in Duluth.
                  JSS was inspired to play hockey after putting a puzzle together of animals playing hockey.
                  Lindelow played several years of junior hockey in Minnesota and says Duluth is a great town, but bring a coat.

Comment

The only problem with listening to the Coach's show is that you end up whistling like the Hammond lumber commercial all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Been to Duluth a couple of times during past summers and had a great time. An interesting burg with some cool old buildings.

If any Mainers make the trip, eat local walleye, perch and lake trout -what we call "togue" in The Pine Tree State- and each of them so flaky and delicious from the cold waters of Lake Superior, and then drive up to Thunder Bay between games. High bluffs and gorgeous views of that vast inland sea. Unforgettable.
                      Pack take your passport if your taking a hike up to TB!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Was there in the winter once and stayed at hampton inn down on canal st. Going up and down those sreets was interesting when it was snowing.

Comment

So what is everybody's expectation and predictions for the weekend? I think split, but I expect two hard fought games that could go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            So what is everybody's expectation and predictions for the weekend? I think split, but I expect two hard fought games that could go either way.
                            If someone offered me a split I would rip their hand off. I think one game is close and one UMD wins comfortably.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Its hard for me to predict, putting aside what would be great, just havent seen enough of this team. Talk is talk. This is a great opportunity if they want a whiff of the ncaa,s.

Comment

Duluth's ability to possess the puck is too much. Chalk this one up to another learning opportunity. 2 low scoring close games similar to last year.
                                UMaine Black Bears Recruit Info Site GO BLUE!!

Comment

Working...
                                X