Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    They will play in Orono next season per Gendron on coaches show the other day.
    They are demanding a home and home to come to Orono?

Comment

Just saying, but I've seen a couple of iterations of the U-18 team over the years, and they are indeed (usually) the cream of the crop for their age.

Still, it's a bit embarrassing for a D-1 team to surrender 6 goals to HS-age kids. But that's what we have now. I think that we all realize it these days.

Back to football: Maine can beat EWU. In fact, I expect it, despite the travel. I haven't seen a D like Maine's in FCS all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Not sure why Tim keeps coming up? He ain't walking thru that door nor did any of you want him to 6 years ago. Red isnt the answer, neither was Tim

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        You kinda said it already, but neither guy has brought it.

However, in retrospect, Tim was far far better both in terms of recruiting and coaching. Red has been an ongoing disaster, and I don't see that old dog learning any new tricks. His extension was a moronic decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          You kinda said it already, but neither guy has brought it.

However, in retrospect, Tim was far far better both in terms of recruiting and coaching. Red has been an ongoing disaster, and I don't see that old dog learning any new tricks. His extension was a moronic decision.
          Fish- respectfully disagree that Whitehead was far better at recruiting and coaching. Recruiting- you’re talking apples and dump trucks in comparing the two. I’ve already posted clearly the difference between the two situations. Coaching- neither win any medals. But worst of all, and most don’t realize this, the undertaker was totally incompetent at maintaining or securing the financial long term viability of the Maine Hockey Program. It was in serious disrepair when RG inherited the program, and that’s being kind. That very serious issue was addressed head on in 2013-14-15 and right up until today.
          Last edited by DoubleA; 12-09-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            They are demanding a home and home to come to Orono?
            Like teams are dying to travel to Orono?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Point spread and total over/under for football semifinals are out. EWU is an 11 point favorite, with a projection of 59 total points, for a predicted score of EWU 35, UMO 24.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Like teams are dying to travel to Orono?
                Right, but if they don't want to come why go there to play? What is the point? It's an exhibition. Schedule another Canadian team. Or only play one this year. What kind of recruiting tool is flying all the way to Michigan to lose to those kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  Right, but if they don't want to come why go there to play? What is the point? It's an exhibition. Schedule another Canadian team. Or only play one this year. What kind of recruiting tool is flying all the way to Michigan to lose to those kids?
                  Yeah, I really don’t get it, especially if money is tight. A lot of kids commit before they even get to the program. I’m sure it’s happened but I don’t recall ever hearing of a college team going out there. Kind of a strange time of year to go out with finals kicking off soon.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    Yeah, I really don’t get it, especially if money is tight. A lot of kids commit before they even get to the program. I’m sure it’s happened but I don’t recall ever hearing of a college team going out there. Kind of a strange time of year to go out with finals kicking off soon.
                    Minnesota, Maine, Bowling Green, Lake State, Holy Cross, and Adrian College will play on their ice this year.

https://www.usahockeyntdp.com/homegames

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      College teams play out at Plymouth frequently. The NTDP team has 5 home games vs D1 schools this season. Minnesota, Bowling Green, Maine, LSSU and Holy Cross. They play 9 D1 schools away. Their New England swing was mid-October. Lost to BU in O/T. Beat Harvard. Beat Dartmouth. This is a solid team. NTDP played at Alfond in Jan 2017. They did not play each other last season. They apparently play at Maine again next season so it’s not like Maine grovels for a game out there. Money is tight but odds are this trip comes out of the Stanbrook fund or the Alfond fund. Not the regular UMaine hockey budget. Same for the Friendship Four tournament in Belfast last season. It’s a great opportunity for the players.
                      Not for nothin’ but NTDP won 6-4 with Bubba and Mundinger each playing about half the game. That was the right thing to do in an exhibition IMHO. Swayman plays, it’s a different game me thinks. Let’s all pray for a good second half of the season and some tournament success.

Comment

Here are the highlights...
                        https://youtu.be/6x0d49Ug0a8

Mundinger had a rough night. A couple soft ones he let in. But what was most concerning was our d standing around watching them go to the net. Michel and Keeper got caught watching a lot.

Comment

Official news on Sirota joining the team...
                          https://goblackbears.com/news/2018/1...ckey-team.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Here are the highlights...
                            https://youtu.be/6x0d49Ug0a8

Mundinger had a rough night. A couple soft ones he let in. But what was most concerning was our d standing around watching them go to the net. Michel and Keeper got caught watching a lot.
                            mundinger is a practice goalie. nothing more. Great he got to play but.....

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              mundinger is a practice goalie. nothing more. Great he got to play but.....

Lindelow, Spicer, and Holesinsky also got playing time.

This u18 squad beat Michigan, Notre Dame, Harvard, and Dartmouth. Though it could be they played their third goalie and back up skaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Lindelow, Spicer, and Holesinsky also got playing time.

This u18 squad beat Michigan, Notre Dame, Harvard, and Dartmouth. Though it could be they played their third goalie and back up skaters.
                                I mean, Jack Hughes was in the game and I believe he scored a goal. So I doubt it was the bottom of the roster playing, although I suppose still possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X