Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine '18-'19: Back to the Nationals!

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Historical win for Maine!! Congrats to players and coaches. As good as Harasymiak has been for this program he has no control over this team. Three unsportsmanlike conducts. Fortunately, Maine's outstanding defense can overcome these mistakes. More often then not it can be a team's downfall. One win away in competing for a national title.
    It's a double-edged sword that you have to live with. More talented players play with more emotion and sometimes it gets out of control. It's very difficult to have it both ways. I'm sure he will try to address it.

Comment

Ferguson isn't right, but the D was awesome.

I love this team. They pick each other up. I didn't expect Maine to fly to Ogden and win, but now I would not count them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        I didn't expect Maine to fly to Ogden and win, but now I would not count them out.
        I'm guessing they don't have the financial resources to stay out there, which would probably be more beneficial. It doesn't take very long for the coast to coast thing to take its toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          Ferguson isn't right, but the D was awesome.

I love this team. They pick each other up. I didn't expect Maine to fly to Ogden and win, but now I would not count them out.
          Bottom line: W, and they and all of us have another weekend to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            It's a double-edged sword that you have to live with. More talented players play with more emotion and sometimes it gets out of control. It's very difficult to have it both ways. I'm sure he will try to address it.
            You make good points. On the other hand it is very selfish and hurts the team. This has been a pattern all season long. Coach H has threatened to bench players if it continues. Idle threats.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
              You make good points. On the other hand it is very selfish and hurts the team. This has been a pattern all season long. Coach H has threatened to bench players if it continues. Idle threats.
              IDK, the officiating wasn't as bad as usual in terms of FCS zebras, but the "unsportsmanlike" called against Jefferson was total BS. Could have changed the game.

Comment

What a defense. Holy chit. I thought they were gonna blow it at least 5 different times. The penalties are a problem but it is part of the kinda player tou get at Maine.....still cant afford that crap next week, esp if the offense doesnt play a heckuva lot better.

What a win. Its a real shame they got jobbed by the seeding committee and cant host next week regardless. Theres no way thats the 7th best team in the country. Now theyre in a plane for 8000 miles over 11 days. Oh well. More for coach H to tell em the worlds against em.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  What a defense. Holy chit. I thought they were gonna blow it at least 5 different times. The penalties are a problem but it is part of the kinda player tou get at Maine.....still cant afford that crap next week, esp if the offense doesnt play a heckuva lot better.

What a win. Its a real shame they got jobbed by the seeding committee and cant host next week regardless. Theres no way thats the 7th best team in the country. Now theyre in a plane for 8000 miles over 11 days. Oh well. More for coach H to tell em the worlds against em.
                  That's right the boooooommmm! Black hole D. Let's see how good she is again. Sooo so happy for our Maine Blackbears! Go win, kill Blackbears!

Comment

Man it was nice to watch these boys on hd tonight.

Comment

I might have to dip in my ole moonshine.

Comment

Wahooooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Better that they did review the play which they have to do under the rules...kept Maine D-player in game and not ejected.
                          The replay was obvious. It was a clean hit and it didnt take 5 minutes to see it

Great win, the black hole d is amazing. Sucks they have fly home and then further West next week. Cant believe it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Replay on ESPN 3 if you want to watch it again.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/1...s-weber-state/

Love the quote about expecting to go to the final game, heart breaker Black hole D. Once again my man #47 comes up big when it matters

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              I'm guessing they don't have the financial resources to stay out there, which would probably be more beneficial. It doesn't take very long for the coast to coast thing to take its toll.
                              The NCAA handles all travel for the playoffs. Not up to Maine at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                The NCAA handles all travel for the playoffs. Not up to Maine at all.
                                the NCAA isnt going to pay for hotels for a week so Maine could stay out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X