This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

Dan, no offense taken. I just liked using your own words, more as a reflection of your team than mine. I have low expectations this year for Colgate with three frosh goalies. But, I did travel to Durham last year and this weekend was sweet revenge. Continued good luck to UNH this season, and on to Brick City Weekend for us...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Were you at the 'Mack v Bentley game last night?? Close one there. Scott B gets his first win. (with an * as he's been a D1 coach before?)
      No, have not attended a game at Bentley Arena yet. Yesterday I was leading a field trip in northern Hippiedom. My first BA games will be weekend after next, and first UNH games at Tgongas and the Whitt against Terriers. Woof, woof.

May need to reassess my bullish over on the 13.5 wins this season.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
        Dan, no offense taken. I just liked using your own words, more as a reflection of your team thanmine. I have low expectations this year for Colgate with three frosh goalies. But, I did travel to Durham last year and this weekend was sweet revenge. Continued good luck to UNH this season, and on to Brick City Weekend for us...
        Well you are right about my team. That much is for sure. Good luck to Colgate - except for the two in Oxford against my (other team) alma mater. Who also stinks...

Based on your name and your trip to NH - you should take advantage and travel to, and enjoy, the Miami campus ASAP. Best in college hockey, easily...
        Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2018, 05:57 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

And, appears that Vanek made the Dead Wings roster, to tie Winnik for his eighth NHL team, whereas Winnik now playing in Suiseland.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            May need to reassess my bullish over on the 13.5 wins this season.
            If next weekend gets away from them - bet the under heavy. Maybe do it anyway...

The D and goaltending will be tested by a CC team that continues to get better and is averaging nearly five goals and 40 shots per game through three. And all that with just three points (1 goal) from their top line - which combined for 44 goals and 116 points last season...

They did give up 6 in two games to an Anchorage team that always struggles to score, however, before shutting out Huntsville. So maybe UNH gets more than a pair next weekend...
            Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2018, 06:02 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Dan? I am a former Omaha season ticket holder and I have been to Miami three times in the past: Michigan State, then defending national champion Providence, and UNO. I love Steve Cady Arena and I can’t wait to get back there in two weekends. Oxford, Ohio, rocks. I am also an Enrico Blasi fan, as I was at DC FF. Classy guy. I have gone to nearly every Frozen Four since 1991, and will go to all ‘Gate home games and nearly every away game this year. Have a great season, truly. This summer, I went to Patterson’s Cafe for breakfast in Oxford. Excellent.
              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-13-2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                Dan? I am a former Omaha season ticket holder and I have been to Miami three times in the past: Michigan State, then defending national champion Providence, and UNO. I love Steve Cady Arena and I can’t wait to get back there in two weekends. Oxford, Ohio, rocks. I am also an Enrico Blasi fan, as I was at DC FF. Classy guy. I have gone to nearly every Frozen Four since 1991, and will go to all ‘Gate home games and nearly every away game this year. Have a great season, truly.
                Same to you - Enjoy the trip! Eat at bagel and deli!
                Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2018, 06:10 PM.
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  If next weekend gets away from them - bet the under heavy. Maybe do it anyway...

The D and goaltending will be tested by a CC team that continues to get better and is averaging nearly five goals and 40 shots per game through three. And all that with just three points (1 goal) from their top line - which combined for 44 goals and 116 points last season...

They did give up 6 in two games to an Anchorage team that always struggles to score, however, before shutting out Huntsville. So maybe UNH gets more than a pair next weekend...
                  At least our Souzacats did not give up as many points as our footballers this afternoon.

Comment

And, appears that Vanek made the Dead Wings roster, to tie Winnik for his eighth NHL team, whereas Winnik now playing in Suiseland.
                    Vanek played for the Wings previously, a couple of seasons ago IIRC? So maybe he's stuck at 7?

Looks like both UNH and my beloved DRW are both in a bad place for at least the short term.

Also, wasn't aware Winnik (and Stempniak?) both got released from their PTO's. Sad, but not surprising.

If Dan has his scouting report on CC nailed - and he should - next weekend could be a tough watch ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Vanek played for the Wings previously, a couple of seasons ago IIRC? So maybe he's stuck at 7?

Looks like both UNH and my beloved DRW are both in a bad place for at least the short term.

Also, wasn't aware Winnik (and Stempniak?) both got released from their PTO's. Sad, but not surprising.

If Dan has his scouting report on CC nailed - and he should - next weekend could be a tough watch ...
                      I'll look into CC a little more as the week goes on - that said, they're still prone to inconsistency and they have played three teams I think even UNH would be favored to be right now in UAA, UAA and UAH. But watching them the last couple years they're definitely improving. UNHs defense will be facing a challenge and UNH will have to score to win - but a split is still a possibility...

CC gets a bigger test tonight against a back to back NCAA team in Air Force...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Can someone provide the line charts and D pairs for the games in Hamilton?

Comment

Can someone provide the line charts and D pairs for the games in Hamilton?
                          https://***********/UNHMHOCKEY/statu...01412590444545

Comment

Warren Foegele has five goals in his first six NHL games, making him the fastest Hurricanes player to reach that milestone in franchise history.

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                              Warren Foegele has five goals in his first six NHL games, making him the fastest Hurricanes player to reach that milestone in franchise history.
                              Thanks for that info...he’s really killing it starting on the top line today. Good for him!! (Brett Pesce has had two goals in two games as well..3 UNH alums doing well)
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-13-2018, 09:44 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by msprice View Post
                                Why cannot we get players to score goals like dat? Oh, wait.....

Comment

Working...
                                X