This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    MacKinnon is that type of defenseman and will be strong, but he's not there yet. He makes a lot of coverage mistakes and is a team leading -5, in a lot less ice time than the top three...

It's Wyse in my opinion - and playing with Maass gives them their top D pair. It might be worth jumbling the pairs.

Wyse - Gildon
    MacKinnon - Maass

If they're going to ask Gildon to do so much offensively, and they should - then give him the most dependable partner. And at the same time, let MacKinnon fill a more traditional defensive role, rather than one he may not be ready for, and a more traditional partner...
    I like this idea on D pairings. I admittedly overreacted to Gildon's blunder on the PP in OT last night. And, of course, if you are going with only one D-man on the PP, Gildon needs to be the guy for most of those 2 minutes. This team is way overly dependent on him, even more so than the team depended on TyK and Cleland when they were seniors. If Gildon leaves after this year, the Cats are in really big trouble next season.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2018-19: Souza The Opportunity

I have time today and most of tomorrow to spend on my discussion question from earlier today.

Who do the people on this forum think is the best defensive defenseman (most likely the best penalty killing defenseman) on this year's team?

I would like to thank HockeyRef for responding to my question, for Dan agreeing with him and Snively65 agreeing with Dan and his D pairings.

But I still want to hear from others!

I agree with Wyse as being the best defensive defenseman/penalty killing defenseman. As long as he is rested I would put him on the ice to kill off the penalties. More importantly, I believe this is the perception of the coaches.

Lets get started with the discussion. If people had only watched the UNH games from this past weekend they would not have chosen Wyse as the best penalty killing defenseman! Friday night Wyse was ejected from the game in the first period. The team successfully killed off all penalties on Friday night. Fifteen minutes in total. Eleven minutes of penalties after Wyse was sent to the showers. Fifteen minutes is 25% of a regulation game. Everybody wonders why UMass-Lowell had so many more shots than UNH.

Now, before eleven minutes into the game against BU we had already given up two goals on our penalty kill. Thirty-one seconds into the first one we get scored against (Wyse and Maass). Forty seconds into the next penalty kill (Wyse and Maass) another goal against.

So, a person evaluating the UNH defensemen on their penalty killing ability eleven minutes into the second game would have to wonder if Wyse was the best or worst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Dorn View Post
        I have time today and most of tomorrow to spend on my discussion question from earlier today.

Who do the people on this forum think is the best defensive defenseman (most likely the best penalty killing defenseman) on this year's team?

I would like to thank HockeyRef for responding to my question, for Dan agreeing with him and Snively65 agreeing with Dan and his D pairings.

But I still want to hear from others!

I agree with Wyse as being the best defensive defenseman/penalty killing defenseman. As long as he is rested I would put him on the ice to kill off the penalties. More importantly, I believe this is the perception of the coaches.

Lets get started with the discussion. If people had only watched the UNH games from this past weekend they would not have chosen Wyse as the best penalty killing defenseman! Friday night Wyse was ejected from the game in the first period. The team successfully killed off all penalties on Friday night. Fifteen minutes in total. Eleven minutes of penalties after Wyse was sent to the showers. Fifteen minutes is 25% of a regulation game. Everybody wonders why UMass-Lowell had so many more shots than UNH.

Now, before eleven minutes into the game against BU we had already given up two goals on our penalty kill. Thirty-one seconds into the first one we get scored against (Wyse and Maass). Forty seconds into the next penalty kill (Wyse and Maass) another goal against.

So, a person evaluating the UNH defensemen on their penalty killing ability eleven minutes into the second game would have to wonder if Wyse was the best or worst.
        I would like to redirect your discussion about our PK. Why are we taking so many stupid penalties? None that I saw this past weekend saved a goal, and many were not even near the puck. Last year, we had the fourth best PK in Div 1. But, why tempt fate? I know that many here think that our team does not play tough enough, and they especially dislike the SMT moniker. But, I liked our play better when we were one of ten or even five least penalized teams in Div 1. Killing penalties is hard work, and as you note leads to huge disparities in SOG. And without SOG, hard to score more than two goals per game, as Dan notes. Friday's game was a fluke when we were up 2-0 with about 2 minutes remaining, at which point we had been outshot 33-9. And, do not get me started on the "too many men on ice" penalties in each game this past weekend, which I think are inexcusable.
        Last edited by Snively65; 11-11-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your response Snively65!

Yes, lets divert for awhile on penalties. It is very difficult to win hockey games when a team consistently take more penalties than their opponents. I feel penalties are for the most part the lack of discipline. Back in the 70's and 80's penalty minutes were a sign of toughness, but not any more. Penalties can sway the momentum of a game. The players killing off the penalties for a team get overworked and the players not are getting out of the flow of the game. The "Too Many Players On the Ice" penalties in back to back games should not happen. All players at the Division I collegiate level should know what a penalty is or is not from their years of playing hundreds of hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by norbert View Post
            Did anyone ask his thoughts on the game winner and the lack of hussle by Gildon? Just watched the replay and he definitely quit on the play.
            Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Look, I get it. It was a bad play. But you're going to make mistakes when you're asked to push EVERY puck up ice and to the net. You're going to be on the ice for goals against when you're playing 30-35 minutes a night (every other shift, the PK, 2/3's of every PP)...
            Thanks for bringing this up. I was in the worst location possible to view this play. From my seat it looked like a REALLY bad play by Gildon.

UNH's problem is they can't score goals. They're not going to win many games until they can find a way to consistently score three goals a night.
            Do we have the talent with Naz, Grasso, Blackburn(?), Crookshank, Pierson?

UNH's problem the last few years has not been their best players - its been the complete lack of depth and support for their best players.
            TK syndrome dating back to Downing and even Stevie Moses.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            I would like to redirect your discussion about our PK. Why are we taking so many stupid penalties? None that I saw this past weekend saved a goal, and many were not even near the puck. Last year, we had the fourth best PK in Div 1. But, why tempt fate? I know that many here think that our team does not play tough enough, and they especially dislike the SMT moniker. But, I liked our play better when we were one of ten or even five least penalized teams in Div 1. Killing penalties is hard work, and as you note leads to huge disparities in SOG. And without SOG, hard to score more than two goals per game, as Dan notes. Friday's game was a fluke when we were up 2-0 with about 2 minutes remaining, at which point we had been outshot 33-9. And, do not get me started on the "too many men on ice" penalties in each game this past weekend, which I think are inexcusable.
            Excusing one or two penalties a night for toughness is OK. It makes opponents think, maybe rush and make a bad play in the corners. The hitting from behind, Vela taking two per game has to stop. I haven't noticed the too many men penalties as they occur, would like to think it is players being too aggressive getting on the ice.

I fear a BC white washing, am interested to see how we play UMass after seeing them once already this season. UMass will likely be ranked top 5 this week.
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

FWIW, Souza also said Max is much better now than he was a year ago.

The thing that bugged me was how casual he appeared with the puck just prior, almost losing it twice inside the blue line. But as I type that, I also recognize that Max is good enough that he tends to look casual most of the time. Sorta like JVR’s infamous ‘coasting.’
              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post

The thing that bugged me was how casual he appeared with the puck just prior, almost losing it twice inside the blue line. But as I type that, I also recognize that Max is good enough that he tends to look casual most of the time. Sorta like JVR’s infamous ‘coasting.’
                Hopefully not the casualness that might come with a huge signing bonus virtually in his pocket.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post

Aerman that is a great comparable, but Max is worst, because his coasting is after a blatant turnover. I have witnessed many in his short tenure. He is an interesting guy to watch with an incredible upside. He is so strong moving through all 3 zones, but like TK, his teammates don't seem to know how to support him as he heads to the corner or around the net. They finally caught on with TK, let's hope the same happens here. As for speed, I think they are very fast and their transition game is coming along each game. They just cross the offensive blue line and slow down waiting for help or that extra pass rather than going in deeper, shooting and having the trailer put back the rebound.
                  I honestly think that we have as good a starting 6 D as we have had in years. Just hope they can remain positive as they are really starting to jell. Wyse can also move the puck through the 3 zones extremely well, so that gives us 2 pairing that can bring it home, so lets focus on supporting those moves and using them to create opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    Do we have the talent with Naz, Grasso, Blackburn(?), Crookshank, Pierson?
                    Do they have the talent? Maybe? They've managed exactly 2.00 goals per game and despite facing just one top-15 defense they rank 50th in GPG. The first thing they need to do is get Blackburn back into the top-six so that their six best offensive forwards are playing together on their top-two lines....

Nazarian - Pierson - Kelleher
                    Crookshank - Blackburn - Grasso

And while that group looks good on the computer screen - how dangerous are they really? I think the four upperclassmen are really secondary scoring pieces on a good college hockey team - put those two lines behind a first line with Poturalski and Kelleher types and you've got something cooking. Move everyone up a line and things start to look differently.

Nazarian has probably been UNH's best forward this season, but he's more of a skate hard/work hard make things happen type. He only scored 12 goals in his 60-game USHL season. Grasso was a solid scorer but not an elite one in the USHL and even that didn't occur until late in his junior career. I think expectations for what Grasso really is are skewed by his FR numbers skating alongside Kelleher on an elite PP (where he scored half his goals). That said, he certainly has had chemistry with Blackburn in the past so why they aren't playing together is a mystery to me. Kelleher is a pass-first creator but who is the natural and experienced goal scorer to pair him with? Blackburn scored at a solid clip in a higher-scoring junior league, but again, not an elite one. His lack of foot speed holds him back from being a premier player. Crookshank is a similar case to Blackburn - but with more speed, he should be very good, but he looks like a FR who needs time for his feel for the game to catch up to his feet. Pierson is the only player with a truly elite scoring track-record - but he has never showcased it at a level higher than prep school. He is off to a great start, we'll see how he handles it when teams realize they need to be focusing on him and not Grasso/Nazarian/Blackburn, etc...

So even UNH's best offensive pieces are a lot of complimentary type scorers. This is the team that needs a straw to stir the drink type of forward. Add a Poturalski or TK to this group - adding 25-25-50 at least and lifting a bunch of capable line-mates to the next level? You might have a team ready to compete at a high level. Without that guy? What we see might be what we get - with a modest improvement up to 2.5-2.75 goals per game later in the year. My honest expectations are a continued struggle to score this year - with an improvement next year when BVR, Grasso, Blackburn are seniors, CK is a third-year skater and the two FR put it all together. But after that, the three seniors will graduate and they'll become a one-line team again without the depth to support them. They'll also be without Wyse and Gildon at the very least (potentially Maass, too). The current reinforcements on both sides of the blue line don't offer a lot of excitement outside of Stutzle. So again you're looking at some real nice pieces but a lack of depth. At that point, its probably Pierson, Crookshank and Kelleher who take their turn catching heat for not doing it all...

---

The next four opponents are Boston College (who's allowed six goals in their last four games after a tough start), Massachusetts (1.89 GA/GM - 6th), Miami (1.83 GA/GM - 5th) and Providence (1.56 GA/GM - 3rd), so its not going to get any easier for the offense. What can they do to create more chances? Here are four ideas (in addition to putting Blackburn where he belongs)...

1) They have to be more aggressive in transition - reckless even (packing it in and trying to win games with a goal or two just isn't going to work) - picking up pucks, turning and going immediately. I can only remember three true odd-man rushes for UNH this year. They've scored on two of them - two on ones versus CC and BU. Take some chances springing the zone when you see your teammates gain possession. When you're attacking the blue line - skate hard and drive the net. With and without the puck. ATW's analysis of their zone entries is spot on. Its time to wheel, wheel, wheel...

2) Get to the net. Hard. As with the transition game - this is something they say they want to do, so they need to make a concerted effort to do it. Over do it if need be. Someone should be at the top of the crease at all times and if thats the strategy they need to make a better effort to get more shots on net. 11-20 shots per game wont cut it. All of the lines can do this, it takes little skill. Certainly the top two lines listed above can - but the line that might be truly exceptional at this type of game would be Esposito-Vela-MacAdams. I'd keep BVR as my roving extra-forward since he can do so many things.

3) Give Fregona and Cipollone a chance. Fregona scored goals and points at just about the same rate in the BCHL as Crookshank and Blackburn. I wouldn't put him on their level, but he can skate and create at a high level. Its time to give him a real chance. Cipollone tore up the Eastern Junior league (yeah, yeah) - but also skated a regular shift in the USHL for a time and managed four goals in 12 BCHL games. They're a clear skill upgrade over what UNH is currently running out on its fourth-line in my opinion and certainly junior pedigree and track record would indicate that. The current group is racking up the negative plus-minus so if they're in there for goal prevention it may be time to look at some other players. Impress on Fregona and Cipollone that they'll stay in the line-up by skating hard and being responsible, with the hope that their offensive gifts might also offer at least some depth scoring. Forth line - Fregona-Miller-Cipollone.

4) Tinker with the PP's. Without getting into too much depth on what the PP might look like - some simple changes pop to mind immediately. Try Vela at the front of the net on the first unit, setting screens, tipping pucks and cleaning up messes a la Bowers for BU. He's good at this and with Gildon's putting pucks on net there are lots of opportunities for a bigger more rugged body. Give Boyd a chance on a wing for the second unit - one thing he has certainly developed over the last few years in my eyes is his slapshot and one-timer. He's got a bomb, put him in a position to use it. In general, lets get a lot more movement on the PP - overlaps, rotations, etc...

---

As for penalties and the PK - I believe the biggest issue in the BU game was letting Bowers get to the net and stand there. He set the screen that led to the first goal and scored the second on a rebound. You can't just let guys stand there. Move him and its a much different story...
                    Last edited by Dan; 11-12-2018, 12:20 PM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Do they have the talent? Maybe? They've managed exactly 2.00 goals per game and despite facing just one top-15 defense they rank 50th in GPG. The first thing they need to do is get Blackburn back into the top-six so that their six best offensive forwards are playing together on their top-two lines....

Nazarian - Pierson - Kelleher
                      Crookshank - Blackburn - Grasso

And while that group looks good on the computer screen - how dangerous are they really? I think the four upperclassmen are really secondary scoring pieces on a good college hockey team - put those two lines behind a first line with Poturalski and Kelleher types and you've got something cooking. Move everyone up a line and things start to look differently.

Nazarian has probably been UNH's best forward this season, but he's more of a skate hard/work hard make things happen type. He only scored 12 goals in his 60-game USHL season. Grasso was a solid scorer but not an elite one in the USHL and even that didn't occur until late in his junior career. I think expectations for what Grasso really is are skewed by his FR numbers skating alongside Kelleher on an elite PP (where he scored half his goals). That said, he certainly has had chemistry with Blackburn in the past so why they aren't playing together is a mystery to me. Kelleher is a pass-first creator but who is the natural and experienced goal scorer to pair him with? Blackburn scored at a solid clip in a higher-scoring junior league, but again, not an elite one. His lack of foot speed holds him back from being a premier player. Crookshank is a similar case to Blackburn - but with more speed, he should be very good, but he looks like a FR who needs time for his feel for the game to catch up to his feet. Pierson is the only player with a truly elite scoring track-record - but he has never showcased it at a level higher than prep school. He is off to a great start, we'll see how he handles it when teams realize they need to be focusing on him and not Grasso/Nazarian/Blackburn, etc...

So even UNH's best offensive pieces are a lot of complimentary type scorers. This is the team that needs a straw to stir the drink type of forward. Add a Poturalski or TK to this group - adding 25-25-50 at least and lifting a bunch of capable line-mates to the next level? You might have a team ready to compete at a high level. Without that guy? What we see might be what we get - with a modest improvement up to 2.5-2.75 goals per game later in the year. My honest expectations are a continued struggle to score this year - with an improvement next year when BVR, Grasso, Blackburn are seniors, CK is a third-year skater and the two FR put it all together. But after that, the three seniors will graduate and they'll become a one-line team again without the depth to support them. They'll also be without Wyse and Gildon at the very least (potentially Maass, too). The current reinforcements on both sides of the blue line don't offer a lot of excitement outside of Stutzle. So again you're looking at some real nice pieces but a lack of depth. At that point, its probably Pierson, Crookshank and Kelleher who take their turn catching heat for not doing it all...

---

The next four opponents are Boston College (who's allowed six goals in their last four games after a tough start), Massachusetts (1.89 GA/GM - 6th), Miami (1.83 GA/GM - 5th) and Providence (1.56 GA/GM - 3rd), so its not going to get any easier for the offense. What can they do to create more chances?

1) They have to be more aggressive in transition - reckless even (packing it in and trying to win games with a goal or two just isn't going to work) - picking up pucks, turning and going immediately. I can only remember three true odd-man rushes for UNH this year. They've scored on two of them - two on ones versus CC and BU. Take some chances springing the zone when you see your teammates gain possession. When you're attacking the blue line - skate hard and drive the net. With and without the puck. ATW's analysis of their zone entries is spot on. Its time to wheel, wheel, wheel...

2) Coming Soon... (Work)
                      Gotta hope that Tim Stutzle and a few other choice players of his caliber show up! And you can’t totally discount the fact that players will develop. Dan you mention “stir the drink” type of players would you say that Cale Makar amd Leonard (first name escapes me) do that for UMass? Not sure who else makes up that team but obviously it has to be more than two players.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-12-2018, 11:57 AM.
                      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Gotta hope that Tim Stutzle and a few other choice players of his caliber show up! And you can’t totally discount the fact that players will develop. Dan you mention “stir the drink” type of players would you say that Cale Makar amd Leonard (first name escapes me) do that for UMass? Not sure who else makes up that team but obviously it has to be more than two players.
                        Yes, those are two players who make everyone they play with instantly better - while still consistently creating their own offense and producing regardless of who they skate with. Remember how good Correalle, Salvaggio and McNicholas looked playing with TK and Poturalski (as opposed to without)? UNH has a number of 'solid to good' offensive players - who would make massive jumps in production if they were playing with that type of difference maker this season. Without that player or two who can consistently create for themselves AND others, however...

Luckosevicius at Denver is a great example. He's a good player, good shot, gets to the right spots (slot/net), and has become more dynamic as he's grown at the college level. He's going to score 60-70 goals when his DU career wraps up. He deserves a lot of the credit - but I wonder if he cracks 30-40 career goals if he doesn't spend his first three years playing alongside Troy Terry, Dylan Gambrell and Henrik Borgstrom. Three of the best players to skate at the DI level the last three years. This year he has two of the best FR in college hockey on his line in Emillio Pettersen and Cole Guttman. Those players have taken a solid offensive threat (Luko) and turned him into an additional elite threat...

That's what UNH is missing right now - and its no small thing. I guess you could argue UNH actually has the depth this year that they've missed for so long. Only now their missing their straw(s). In a couple of years they may have the offensive straws (#6, #11), but lose the depth. Its all comes back to recruiting elite skill and production and as much depth of talent as you can. One way or another, recruiting is what continues to beat them...

---

As far as Stutzle watch - he is rapidly outgrowing the German U20 league. He has an obscene 19-30--49 line in just 18 games! He's doing this at the age of 16, currently!

At 17 in January, Im not sure they could accelerate him for next season if they wanted to - in an attempt to add him to UNH's best depth of developed forward talent in a long time (SR - BVR, Grasso, Blackburn / JR - CK / SO - Pierson and Crookshank) - but they should look into it. I wouldn't plan on Stutzle playing four years at UNH at this rate, so starting his clock ASAP would be better for UNH. If they cannot, they better be on the ball as far as trying to get Stutzle into the USHL next season - because in terms of his development better competition may start beckoning (i.e. Canadian MJ and German/Euro Pro Leagues)...

---

If they were able to accelerate Stutzle (likely a long-shot), convince Gildon to stick around a third-year (also probably a longer shot) and get the hoped for development out of their returning players (who knows)...

Crookshank (SO) - Pierson (SO) - Kelleher (JR)
                        BVR (SR) - Blackburn (SR) - Grasso (R-SR)
                        Stutzle (FR) - Engaras (R-FR/SO) - Fregona (SR) / Cipollone (SO)
                        Esposito (SO) - MacAdams (JR) - Stevenson (FR)
                        Sato (JR) - Sacco (JR)

Wyse (SR) - Maass (JR)
                        MacKinnon (SO) - Gildon (JR)
                        Verrier (SO) - Bahn (FR)
                        McElhaney (FR) - Hickey (SO)

Robinson (JR) / Taylor (SO)

That might be the group that finally gets you excited about UNH Hockey and puts them in a position to climb the standings or gives them some ammunition/excitement on the recruiting trail. Even if just for a year. If they were able to add a late decommit from some other school, too, as is their M/O...???
                        Last edited by Dan; 11-12-2018, 01:26 PM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

It was good to see Taylor play well in net on Saturday night. I feel it is in the best interest of the program this season and into the future that we have two goalies playing. Two goalies playing well will push each of them to be better focused, work harder and develop quicker. I think part of the problem of last season was over playing Tirone. If I remember correctly, he played the first 10/12 games. Robinson was barely given a chance to play last season. If he had played more last season I think he would have been just that much better this season. The tipping point last season was the second weekend in December ( Army and Merrimack) when Tirone played poorly. This is what can happen when you have a head coach retiring a year out. It becomes all about this season, not about the long time interest of the program. So, I hope this season both goalies play well for the first 2/3 of the season with one getting the nod for the stretch run. One goalie playing 20 to 24 games and the other playing 10 to 14 games for the season.

Both Robinson and Taylor deserve the opportunity to develop just like all members of the team. Look at DeSmith! Who would of thought when he was at UNH that he would now be playing so well in the NHL!!!

Comment

Look, I get it. It was a bad play. But you're going to make mistakes when you're asked to push EVERY puck up ice and to the net. You're going to be on the ice for goals against when you're playing 30-35 minutes a night (every other shift, the PK, 2/3's of every PP)...

Max Gildon is not UNH's problem. UNH's problem is they can't score goals. They're not going to win many games until they can find a way to consistently score three goals a night. You can't win games scoring two goals per game. And, quite frankly, without Max Gildon this UNH team would struggle to score more than one...

He has not just figured in, but flat out created, half of UNH's goals this season. And that is because he is an elite talent at creating offense from the back end. A skill UNH has clearly told him to put into practice, because they desperately need it. They've certainly asked him to carry much of the offensive torch and he has done so admirably, while managing to be only a -1 (tied for second best on the team). All while his regular defensive partner is a -5...

Asking him to play forward instead is ridiculous. He's not a forward. He's never played forward. Moving him up front makes your best offensive player uncomfortable and worse - leading to less offense from him. You also have to replace him on the back end with a lesser player both in terms of blueline offense AND defense. He is a lesser defensive player than Wyse and Maass and that's it. Giving more minutes to Boyd and Dawson will lead to more goals against. Period. Remember watching the team from two years ago struggle to get any pucks out of their own end? Does anyone really want to go back to that? It's a horrible idea born out of frustration and nothing else...

Yes, Gildon still makes mistakes, which is what happens when your aggressive. But he makes far less than he did last year and he is improving consistently on defense, while carrying the offense as best he can. Gildon could have played more like Maass last night - and shot the puck that led to Nazarian's goal into the corner. UNH would have lost 2-1 in regulation instead. Would that make people happier? For all his so called 'defensive faults', last night's game winner was the only goal Gildon was on the ice for all weekend...

Its a lot like Poturalski getting much of the blame for only scoring nearly two points per game, but not 3 - and not keeping every puck out of the net at the same time. UNH's problem the last few years has not been their best players - its been the complete lack of depth and support for their best players. A good team would have a number of good players, allowing every one of them to do what they do best and not be depended on to do what they do best, then some and everything else too...

The question that should have been asked of Souza is why, after four years of your recruiting, do we not have a deeper roster...
                              Mistakes will happen both physically and mentally. Especially with a 19 year old who is probably trying too hard for a team that lacks talent. What is a bad look is lack of hustle. Maybe he never catches the guy most likely not but to give up is unacceptable. Unfortunately it’s one part of the game you can’t teach

Comment

• Originally posted by norbert View Post
                                Mistakes will happen both physically and mentally. Especially with a 19 year old who is probably trying too hard for a team that lacks talent. What is a bad look is lack of hustle. Maybe he never catches the guy most likely not but to give up is unacceptable. Unfortunately it’s one part of the game you can’t teach
                                Maybe Gildon should have immediately tripped Bowers, which I would have called a good penalty, especially because it only would have returned UNH to even strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X